Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hee Hee Hee... only one? I don't mean to thread-jack, but the F104 looks super-cool with the stripes. (Just like the P15) Here's my model in the air....

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

How much of a build? It literally takes longer to take it out of the box!! :)

You insert the CF tube. Then apply glue to the wing, insert the connector wire, and stick the wing on. Then glue the other wing, insert the wire, and stick it on. Then glue the rudder on.
      I just inserted the antenna (didn't glue that) and pooof ... done.. There are only 5 pieces including the antenna and fuselage. Super-easy.

Actually it took me longer to get the wires into the channel through the fuselage, they were being a bit stubborn. That increased my build time (and blood pressure) by 83%., but I got over it.
      Yep. It definitely takes longer to program a new model into the radio than to assemble this model. Getting the elevon servo wires pushed through the wing is definitely the most tedious part. The wings and V Stab fit well into their respective slots and were perfectly aligned. My only struggle is that I want to run a stabilized Lemon receiver, since the plane is so small, but I'm having trouble finding a good flat, wide spot onto which to mount the RX. I may end up mounting it inverted to the bottom of the battery hatch.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

Ordered yesterday. 13 hours later .................... shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Pilot Ryan is pretty good, Alpha is alright to, but this is the DUDE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180305_223233946_iOS.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	122769

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Pilot Ryan is pretty good, Alpha is alright to, but this is the DUDE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180305_223233946_iOS.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	122769
            Totally love this guy!

Comment

He has shipped me a few over the years.............. LOL Or actually, about 7 over the past 30 days....

Comment

More....actually...

Comment

So now we all know exactly where to send a box of chocolate!!

Seriously, lets get his name. Who is this amazing guy, the "Bud Knight"? We need to raise a bottle to him. Dilly Dilly!

um... but it may be a Knight of the female persuasion. Which would be terrific of course!
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Brian K. = The Dude
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Can he ship me a rug that will really tie the room together?...Really appreciate the level of service you and your team operate at Brian K. Had my P15 monday afternoon. Just as fast as the crap-ton of products I've ordered the past five years.
                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

I ordered my P.15 Sunday evening and it will be here Wednesday so that I can have it in the air this weekend. As everyone is stating - that is service!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          Brian K. = The Dude
                          Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            I ordered mine 6pm on 3/12 and NO WORD on mine.. that is really odd - paid but unfulfilled.. so I just emailed them..that is not normal from Motion RC to not send something to me.
                            Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

To Brian K!!!

Dilly Dilly

Comment

Well I am hoping mine will be here by Saturday but if not it gives me time to look at everything about this plane.
                                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Day 600: I got several more flights on the P-15 today, before you guys start upgrading the power system please fly it...this thing is extremely fast but it will cruise around very slow with 1/4 throttle or less. I was thinking last night about how it wants to dive with WOT on I've been playing with throttle aileron mixing and have it at 15% and it seems to eliminate it. The pics below show my setup for the mix (plane is setup as a delta wing on the transmitter not on the receiver). I also tamed down the ailerons some more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180314_200815617_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	122947

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180314_200643116_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	122944

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180314_200719735_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	122945

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180314_200745928_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	122946
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

So to turn the mix on you have to throw switch A? It's not part of the throttle curve?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      So to turn the mix on you have to throw switch A? It's not part of the throttle curve?
                                      Right, I set it up as a standard mix (bench test before flying).
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Thanks! Mixes are new to me. :) Mine showed up yesterday, tomorrow is build day and then Saturday will be a flying day with it.

Comment

• TiredIronGRB, wow that is a lot of reduced throw on the controls. That is good to know. Have you flown with a larger 2200mah battery?

Comment

Working...
                                          X