Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You had to cant the verticals out, didn't you??? LOL I would have done the same. I am OCD and straight verticals are not cool on a twin!!!! HA!!!! LOL
    Nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      You had to cant the verticals out, didn't you??? LOL I would have done the same. I am OCD and straight verticals are not cool on a twin!!!! HA!!!! LOL

Nice
      Yep, couldn't stand it :Silly:

TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• FOIL is finally revealed! Thanks TiredIron.

Comment

• Why hasn't anyone else done a twin? It's twice the fun:Cool:
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            Why hasn't anyone else done a twin? It's twice the fun:Cool:
            There was a time I would have jumped at this. In fact, I made a twin FliteTest Viggen. However, in this case, my Lippy is pretty well used and a bit beat up. If I made a twin, I'd have one that was brand new and shiny on one side and really gross looking on the other side. I'm just not willing to buy 2 more new Lippy's.

Comment

• Has anyone else done a "Lips" Twin Lippisch...and if not, why...this thing is a blast?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lips_01.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	158238

Name:	Lips_02.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	158240

Name:	Lips_03.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	158239
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• That thing is so cool!:):Cool:

Comment

• Here's a video Steve shot at the Fall Fly-In...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Unfortunately the summer is over and it's quickly getting cold and rainy were I live.
                    I'm however very happy to have started the awesome hobby of rc flying in July 18 and also with the choice of planes I did get so far.

The P.15 is just awesome and I will start going from there to larger edf's in the next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLogo View Post
                      Unfortunately the summer is over and it's quickly getting cold and rainy were I live.
                      I'm however very happy to have started the awesome hobby of rc flying in July 18 and also with the choice of planes I did get so far.

The P.15 is just awesome and I will start going from there to larger edf's in the next season.
                      Good to hear, this is by far the best hobby I've ever been involved in and I have meet some of the best people who I can now count as great friends!
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Very true sir!
                        I've joined a local club with great people and have learned a lot online and from club mates. It's inspiring to see your awesome work and group with all the enthusiasts :Cool:

Comment

• just bought one, had to make it more visible, hopefully I don't mangle it on it's first flight! :Confused:
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Very cool!!!! Turn down the aileron and use a lot of expo and you will be fine.... Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!

Comment

• Thanks! Maiden flight was today, used 40 rate with 30 expo and a mighty 45 degree chuck, dipped a little then flew out nice and steady, very nice flyer. 2nd flight, same settings but couldn’t get altitude so it just went down into the grass, I think the flat bottom saved it from any damage.

Comment

• Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, Dmonhellcat! You may want a little more elevator for launch, depending on how strong your headwind is (the more headwind, the better).
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, Dmonhellcat! You may want a little more elevator for launch, depending on how strong your headwind is (the more headwind, the better).
                                  Indeed! Most of my hand launcher have a mix programmed into the gear switch to give a little reflex (UP elevator). I launch this plane as full throttle and the reflex activated. Allow a second or so for the motor to spool up and chuck it. No matter whether I throw it level or with some inclination, the plane just goes straight where it's thrown and very quickly begins to climb. That's when I deactivate the reflex. How much reflex depends on the throwing technique.
                                  The exception to this are my sailplanes as they generally have so much lift even after a weak throw, that they climb anyway. However, I've seen poorly set up sailplanes that have gravitated (yeah, I know - pun) towards a dirt nap.

Comment

• Once you figured out how to throw it and with a "launch mode" with up elevator I find it very easy and consistent to launch.
                                    I wonder what the weight/thrust ratio is on the Lippisch as it has more thrust than weight ;) at least on my 3s 1800amps.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Indeed! Most of my hand launcher have a mix programmed into the gear switch to give a little reflex (UP elevator). I launch this plane as full throttle and the reflex activated. Allow a second or so for the motor to spool up and chuck it. No matter whether I throw it level or with some inclination, the plane just goes straight where it's thrown and very quickly begins to climb. That's when I deactivate the reflex. How much reflex depends on the throwing technique.
                                      The exception to this are my sailplanes as they generally have so much lift even after a weak throw, that they climb anyway. However, I've seen poorly set up sailplanes that have gravitated (yeah, I know - pun) towards a dirt nap.
                                      Hello,

Yes, I wanted to put a mix in for some up elevator on my DX6i but couldn't get it to work (I must have been doing something wrong in the MIX1 setup) so I'll just trim in more elevator and then trim it out once in flight.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmonhellcat View Post

Hello,

Yes, I wanted to put a mix in for some up elevator on my DX6i but couldn't get it to work (I must have been doing something wrong in the MIX1 setup) so I'll just trim in more elevator and then trim it out once in flight.

Thanks!
                                        That's what I did before I figured out how to do the mix for reflex. I'd give it 10 to 15 UP clicks on the ELE trim and as soon as it's flying, I'd UN-click the same amount. Doing a reflex mix on the gear switch on an elevon plane is not always intuitive as it is with a "normal" wing.
                                        Here's what it looks like on one of my elevon planes. I have a stabilizer on my Lippy, so the programming for reflex is a little different.

Name:	IMG_3263.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	160248

Comment

• [QUOTE=xviper;n160247]
                                          That's what I did before I figured out how to do the mix for reflex. I'd give it 10 to 15 UP clicks on the ELE trim and as soon as it's flying, I'd UN-click the same amount. Doing a reflex mix on the gear switch on an elevon plane is not always intuitive as it is with a "normal" wing.
                                          Here's what it looks like on one of my elevon planes. I have a stabilizer on my Lippy, so the programming for reflex is a little different.

Thanks, I'll try it again

Comment

Working...
                                          X