Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys, I think I’m just not meant to fly one of these lol I put 3 batteries through it with no issues. But on the fourth one I went vertical, pulled a little power out, went to push the nose back down and it got into an unrecoverable spin. Not sure if I did something wrong, or if it was due to the extra wing loading from the xfly fan and a 4s pack. I check the CG before flying and it was right where the manufacturer suggests.

I thought for sure the battery was going to light on fire, but so far it hasn’t. Currently it’s in an ammo can in my garage until I can dispose of it.
    Attached Files

Comment

• AndrewF Ahh crap!

Comment

• I finally did it. Got the runcam onto the aircraft. Enjoy.
        Nice 80 degree day so I took out the tiny plane. Stock aircraft with 3s 2200 mah battery. Camera is my RunCam 2 4k.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• My P.15 will arrive tomorrow and I am curious if there is still a potential problem with the stock ESC cutting out during flight. If yes, should I switch out the ESC and which would be the best solution? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• maybe it's just me, but i see no value / entertainment / excitement in this bird... but i know a guy that's got 2 or 3 of them, so may it's me...

Comment

• Is there a video or some better optional landing gear installation documentation available for the P.15?
                The manual does not really show all the steps, loke taking out the plywood parts to insert the nose gear and the two mail gears. Do I need to cut it out with a Xacto knive, or?
                Any help is appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by oefranz View Post
                  Is there a video or some better optional landing gear installation documentation available for the P.15?
                  The manual does not really show all the steps, loke taking out the plywood parts to insert the nose gear and the two mail gears. Do I need to cut it out with a Xacto knive, or?
                  Any help is appreciated!
                  The parts on the aircraft are wood and peel out or off. Then the new gear is glued on, so be careful when removing the wood. covers. I used a small screw driver to pop them out.

Comment

• Not the best video as I only have a hatcam and the P15i s small,but here are a few passes and some DJI FPV flight.

The extra weight of the Vista affects the performance quite a bit as you miight expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arq8...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                      maybe it's just me, but i see no value / entertainment / excitement in this bird... but i know a guy that's got 2 or 3 of them, so may it's me...
                      Hey, remind me to show you how it flies next time we're at the field, I'll show you how it performs. You may change your mind.... maybe!
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi all, first post. And first plane from MotionRC.

I learned to fly in the 90's and had a hiatus and im glad to be back. Electric is where I always wanted to be, but it just wasn't quite there yet. Now its nerd heaven :)

Im a big Luftwaffe fan and this is my first EDF. I got 4 flights on it and this was my experience. From reading through these posts...seems pretty typical.

Flight one: Hand launched straight into the grass nose first lol. No damage, amazing really. I believe this was all me and when she dipped I probably applied too much elevator and stalled it out.
                        Second attempt: Less elevator correction, but she did a belly bounce off the grass and away she went! Holy crap this thing moves and my heart was pounding. It was clear I needed up elevator trim, but it seemed like I needed a lot. So Instead of applying trim I landed it to recheck the CG. My CG was only slightly nose heavy so I increased my Elevator throws to from 70 to 80%. I also mixed in 20% up elevator to full throttle and relaunched.

Third and Fourth flight were great. Slight dip at launch and she was gone. This plane is a blast at 30-50% throttle and glides forever. It looks so nice gliding by and several people came over to see what I was flying.

Great job MotionRC!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey, remind me to show you how it flies next time we're at the field, I'll show you how it performs. You may change your mind.... maybe!
                          You may not recall it, but the day we met for the first time (Bill's field) you were flying this bird - like a mad man, i might add. I think the words I used to describe how you were flying it to my wife were "this guy's got mad skills" - I was blown away...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

You may not recall it, but the day we met for the first time (Bill's field) you were flying this bird - like a mad man, i might add. I think the words I used to describe how you were flying it to my wife were "this guy's got mad skills" - I was blown away...
                            LOL. I must have been showing off! I do like these fast little planes, they can be a lot of fun.
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I snuck in a new EFL F16 80mm this week under the premise that I'm giving Buzzy my 70mm one (the white one i've been flying), but she's not buying the story... 🤣🤣🤣 as she pre-pays $8,700 for an airbnb in Scottsdale for the months of October and November for her internship...(essentially for her 'hobby')...
                              RC life is just not fair - first I'm out of room and then I'm out of support...

Comment

• Hi Folks, putting together the P15 and considering adding the rudder but not sure the best way.
                                All suggestions, photos, advice welcome!
                                TIA

Comment

• I did but its not very useful Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70490.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	347120 , as in you dont need it. Here is a pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1nformatica View Post
                                    Hi Folks, putting together the P15 and considering adding the rudder but not sure the best way.
                                    All suggestions, photos, advice welcome!
                                    TIA
                                    Here's the plugs per your message request. These are improved over the original version (which is no longer accessible).

Regards
                                    Bill
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                                      I did but its not very useful Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70490.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	347120 , as in you dont need it. Here is a pic.
                                      Thanks for the advice, I'll pass on that mod then! I will be using the landing gear as I see you do. Did you block off the "cheeter" holes? My thinking is they may try and suck the plane down to the runway?

Comment

• Originally posted by billyd View Post

Here's the plugs per your message request. These are improved over the original version (which is no longer accessible).

Regards
                                        Bill
                                        Many thanks Bill! Will print them out today. I'm running with the landing gear so thought they would help prevent the holes sucking the plane down on the runway. Would I be correct?

Comment

• Doesn't need one. Saw one fly Sunday and the last thing that bird needs is more control surface...

Comment

Working...
                                          X