Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 64mm Lippisch P.15 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got the maiden flight in on my P-15, or as a friend of mine calls it " the Crazy Kraut. " Its been windy for the past month and for once, the wind was calm with a heavy over cast on the day I could be out flying.

) First hand launch was a bad throw on my part and she nosed in like a lawn dart. No damage but lots of soft silt down her throat.

) Second hand launch Failed and she took a belly landing. When I was cleaning out the dirt she ingested, I forgot to tighten up the battery strap and it slipped full forward on the second launch.

) Third launch is the charm, and she went like a bat out Hell. My god that critter is fast and she sounded soooo nice on the 12 blade fan setup. Test flight was run for 2 minutes at mostly half throttle and she landed with 50% left on the battery. :)

The flight reminded me of my DuraFly ME-163 Komet in that it was a scary kind of fun to fly her. The Lippy will definitely out roll the komet and she is every bit as fast. I started off with the dual rates at 60% and that seemed way too much for my taste but she was controllable.
    After getting some commentary from the friends in the pits about her roll rates, my test pilot pointed her straight up, bumped the aileron DR to 100% and DRILLED it into the sky. His reaction to her was along the line of OMG followed by some sinister chuckling. The rest of the peeps were left in awe.

I was rather surprised to notice that the additional color I had put on her did not really help out that much in the flight, but in fact it only became beneficial on her final turn for landing and approach. The yellow became very effective for orientation during approach.
    All in all, I am very happy with this plane and I plan to keep her in my car as the go to fun runner.

Comment

• So has anybody ordered the Landing gear yet or will I be the first person to try it?
      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I have the landing gear for the LiP.15, but have not installed them yet.... I have them on the A-8 and F-105. Both are nose heavy with the gear (nose gear and servo)… They take off after a good run (on concrete) but I used all the up trim and then some back pressure to keep them flying. Had to add weight to the tail to make it all work out!! Expecting the LiP.15 to be the same...

Comment

• When I seen the gear setup, that was the only thing I worried about.

Comment

• I am using the Admiral 1600 to cut the weight too. I may change the servo setup. When you are giving up elevator, the ailerons are basically acting as a spoiler, (up) so I think being independent of one another may work a little better....

Comment

• Could one actually make a remote servo position and run a push rod? I dont know just thinking out loud.

Comment

• I flew mine over the weekend with the gear and it does need to run up on speed before it leaps in the air and I do mean LEAPS in the air quickly.
                Take note I am running a 1300 Turnigy Graphene battery and I left the CG in the same place, next flight the battery will be shoved back to get her to balance so I expect it to rotate quicker, speed is still good so
                the landing gear is good for this plane.
                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I just got the p15 and boy is this a fun plane to fly. I repainted it and just had to stick in a Red Skull pilot figure and Hydra logo on the tale. The maiden went great I think I only had to add a couple of clicks of up trim and it was flying hands off. Even a 1/2 throttle this little guy is quick.
                  This is my maiden flight of my P.15 from Motion RC. Repainted to be a Hydra plane from WWII complete with a Red Skull pilot figure. You might be able to tel...

Comment

• I see a lot of 1300mah batteries, anybody using 1800s??

Comment

• Originally posted by Angryflyer View Post
                      I see a lot of 1300mah batteries, anybody using 1800s??
                      1800's are all I use. In fact, I use 1800 Graphenes, which are more equivalent to a normal 2200 in size and weight and flight time.

Comment

• I use 1800 admiral and 1800 chinahobbyline (30 and 40c) with great succes in my F8,F105,p15 lip,F9f. I believe a maiden might be less "puckerie" with the lighter 1300s. Better power to weight for a less than perfect throw or a zero wind day.

tim k...absolutley love the red skull/logo. I'm going to steal your idea. Where did the head come from? Action figure or pezz? Did you print the hydra logo?
                        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Hey there, long time lurker here, thought I'd post some thoughts that may help. I flew one stock for around 40 flights before my old radio crapped out on me and my p15 nosed in to pavement at speed and caught fire. Replaced the radio, picked up two new p15s. I did a rudder servo, landing gear and a freewing 4s setup (3300kv) on my first new one. While I do like the 4s power (even with a small capacity pack, 1000-1300mah to keep weight reasonable), and I do like the rudder, the landing gear didn't do it for me. I think the nose gear is too short (causes problems rotating on take off) and the mains are too far forward (causes problems landing with a good flight CoG). I took them off and left the 4s and rudder but scrapped the landing gear. I put 2 lightweight (20g) metal skids on the bottom of the fuse, and added some epoxy to the underside of the wingtips so I can grass/concrete land it. Working very well.

I have to say, the stock power setup is very good, plenty of speed and light, so I'll leave the second one stock. May add a rudder to it because I like it.

Comment

• what a wonderful little jet. 3 flights today all 3 went great(except for 1st toss)my fault had ele backwards, went straight into the grass. once I got it correct was smooth sailing from there. the orange tips make it easy to see in the air. also the rates in the manual way too much, I used 1/2 for both high and low rates(never used high rates) 1800mah 5min flights left 3.82 per cell.. I did have a 5mm up elevator on the gear switch for launch. went great .
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Just a few thoughts from an occasional poster. I LOVE this jet and have been thru about 5 of them between new kits and parts. My addiction is the SPEED of this thing on 4S, with an FMS 3900kv 12 blade fan. I know i have issues:). But i was just wondering why there is only one gun on the right wing and none on the left? Seems to me that the real jet, had it been built would have never flown with one wing being way heavier than the other with gun and ammo loaded! Like I said, just a thought.

Comment

• I'm thinking that's a pitot tube, not a gun.;)

Comment

• You might be right. Them Germans sure made it big enough.

Comment

• Indeed they did, I think they did jousting with it as well.LOL

Comment

• :)LOL:P

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        I'm thinking that's a pitot tube, not a gun.;)
                                        More than likely the guns would have been in the nose, like the ME-262, HE 163, P-80, Et Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

More than likely the guns would have been in the nose, like the ME-262, HE 163, P-80, Et Al.
                                          You are correct!! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X