Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flew my P.15 today, with a 64mm A-10 12-blade fan assembly (stock P.15 motor) and a 65A ESC and a Tattoo 3S-1550mah 70C quadcopter battery. I used a few degrees of up trim for the hand-launch and no throttle-elevator mix. The Little Lippisch purred with the 12-blade fan and was a joy to fly.
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Well after my water landing I had a successful flight today. I must say I think I stepped up to EDF a little to early in my pilot training. It is fun though. I was discouraged at first but am starting to get the hang of it. I marvel at how this little plane is offered at $98, It has taken a beating at my hands and after foam tac, epoxy and any other adhesive at hand she is still flying. Ive nosed her in, rolled her in and done a water landing and she still flies. I love it but time for a nice flying prop plane for a while. A little more skill and I will pull her out again. Until then she looks like a battle worn P-15.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Brian, the P.15 is so fast that it can be a really tough first EDF, especially if the throws are too high. Make sure that the aileron throws are very tame and fly it slowly (after the WOT hand launch). The P.15 will slow down to a very nice, reasonable speed. Keep it close, because it does get very small VERY quickly, especially at high speed.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Brianr23 View Post
          Well after my water landing I had a successful flight today. I must say I think I stepped up to EDF a little to early in my pilot training. It is fun though. I was discouraged at first but am starting to get the hang of it.
          That's the best attitude Brian. My mentor told me that there are two kinds of RC pilots. Those that have crashed and those that are going toLOL. Stay positive and have fun:Cool:.

Comment

• Interesting and unusual model, my 1st thoughts were it's a Dh Swallow as the shape is almost the same and the Swallow appeared at the end of WW2. 3 were built and flown and one killed the test pilot.... no ejector seat! If you compared the two planes a repaint into grey/silver some RAF roundals and you have a Swallow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennispsg View Post
              Interesting and unusual model, my 1st thoughts were it's a Dh Swallow as the shape is almost the same and the Swallow appeared at the end of WW2. 3 were built and flown and one killed the test pilot.... no ejector seat! If you compared the two planes a repaint into grey/silver some RAF roundals and you have a Swallow...
              Image result for Dh SwallowI think you are on to something there
              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Hi buddies please need your help... P15 instructions and even programmed mix on Frsky Horus 10 show that for go up both elevons goes down and viceversa, for going down flying surfaces goes up... is that right?. never had before a flying wing..also the 1.5 neutral called want to say that surface control must to point up..?. regards for granted. Manolo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULTIMATETWO View Post
                  Hi buddies please need your help... P15 instructions and even programmed mix on Frsky Horus 10 show that for go up both elevons goes down and viceversa, for going down flying surfaces goes up... is that right?. never had before a flying wing..also the 1.5 neutral called want to say that surface control must to point up..?. regards for granted. Manolo.
                  Reverse the left elevon channel and see if that helps.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hi buddies please need your help... P15 instructions and even programmed mix on Frsky Horus 10 show that for go up both elevons goes down and viceversa, for going down flying surfaces goes up... is that right?. never had before a flying wing..also the 1.5 neutral called want to say that surface control must to point up..?. regards for granted. Manolo.
                    It's called a deltawing - a flying wing has no vertical surface at all..

elevon setup is what you need but I don't know anything about the Frsky radios.
                    Spektrum radios have elevon and Elevon B settings..
                    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Tx so much for your help... that´s what I did and now it seems that works well... give up and both elevons goes up and vice versa, plus added the 5mm. up trim for launching and 1.5 mm. called.. but anyway it seems that Freewing manual is wrong..., by the way I added some surfrace details as panneling and a little ot much wheatering... plus some markings too not historical exactly but looks good, at least for me... will maiden next weekend... best regards. Manolo.

Comment

but anyway it seems that Freewing manual is wrong...,
                        I hadn't even looked at that part but yes, it's wrong. I don't look at those drawings anymore as it's become instinctive what the control surfaces are supposed to do.

Comment

• I decided to add some color to my P-15. { my eyes are not as good as they use to be and I am always being reminded how well the camo on these little planes actually work } :Nerd:
                          I tried to incorporate the markings from a couple of ME-109 and HE-162 squadrons but still keep her looking military and not too sporty.

The painting process went well but the tape peeled some of the blue off the bottom. I'll take her out for her maiden after I get a chance touch that up the missing paint and lay down some tape for the skid area.
                          Over all, I like her. Easy build, upgraded to a 12 blade fan and 65 amp ESC. I can now run a 4S system but will probably keep her as a 3S for flight performance.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I like the yellow! Effective color blocking.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Made two flights today, one with open and one with closed cheater holes (with some fabric tape on the inside of the ducting). According to the onboard GPS module, closing the cheater holes gives a 10% higher top speed (158 vs. 174 km/h). To improve the ducting, a wedge has been added to the blunt end at the joints and the round spars were given a simple 3DP fairing to achieve a teardrop shape.
                              Absolutely no bad tendencies during handlaunch at both flights. Stock fan, 3s 1400 Lipo.

Comment

• Flew mine again yesterday with 2200 3’s. Winds were not over 13mph but were shifting around a good bit. Hardest thing for me on this type airframe is the lack of rudder control. I’m just so used to the rudder being the primary way to line up on the landing strip. Fun little bird none the less. Repainted mine to the late war, loss of air superiority..., we’re now hiding everything in pine groves scheme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A807F8B-82DF-470E-9836-67434FDE064D.jpeg
Views:	959
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	128767

Comment

• GREETINGS pilots...have been looking to order the P15. This discussion and video reviews are quite interesting, decided to put the P 15 ahead of a few other winged projects in the shop. Checked at Motion RC and,,...they are out of stock .
                                  I use to fly the Multiplex Twister, and Diablo Trainer EDF...would like to pull the trigger on this Freewing, Any info on when they will be back in stock? Thanks so much,

Comment

• Originally posted by gboy View Post
                                    GREETINGS pilots...have been looking to order the P15. This discussion and video reviews are quite interesting, decided to put the P 15 ahead of a few other winged projects in the shop. Checked at Motion RC and,,...they are out of stock .
                                    I use to fly the Multiplex Twister, and Diablo Trainer EDF...would like to pull the trigger on this Freewing, Any info on when they will be back in stock? Thanks so much,
                                    Probably late May, this and the F-105 are two of my favorites right now.

BTW...welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I’ve been flying the crap outta mine lately. No gyro, got the hand toss down pat. Always room to stuff it in to the days load. Really fun bird.

Comment

• Mine shipped....will build SOON,,,

Comment

• Hello Everyone, I joined the ranks of happy P15 owners!! What a great jet, after flying it I may have to buy a couple of spares just in case. I have had several balsa Me-163 Komets and one scratch built balsa P15. Needless to say, this one flies a lot better than any of those. I have had great easy hand launches of mine. I've read on this thread that some are having difficulties with launching it, but I can't see why. I learned that it is really important to have the balance point on the money- nose heavy or tail heavy doesn't work so well with the tailless aircraft. For mine I just put the balance at the recommended point, then I did program a switch on my trans for takeoff to give it a little up trim. Maybe 1/16" or so. Each flight is just a simple full throttle toss at about a 30 deg angle up and it flies straight out. I am using 1000 and 1300 batteries so maybe that makes it easier to launch? In any case it flies great- at high speed it is smooth and stable. I did not see any climbing or diving at speed so I am not going to be making any changes to the duct like I've read in this thread. Mine will slow way down and doesn't lose stability so it is a pleasure to cruise around at low throttle. I see that it glides pretty well with power off, apparently due to the efficient airfoil used. My balsa Komets glided at a very steep angle, not like this one at all.

I also have a Durafly Me-163 and while it does fly nice, this P15 is a lot better. I have been taking the P15 every time I go flying, it has become a must have for me. If anyone is sitting on the fence, I highly recommend getting yourself a P15. And I suggest using 1000 or 1300 batteries to start with, lighter always flies better especially on first flights.

Thanks Motion for bringing this P15 to all of us!

Comment

Working...
                                          X