Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	50291352_1983414231736850_8754861314691563520_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.0 KB ID:	182886
    Click image for larger version  Name:	49949572_1986071384804468_5967810826764025856_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	182887

After flying the Yak 130 90 mm 8s for a long time I decided to go for the F4 8s. The maiden and 2nd flight were awesome, didn't need to trim anything it just flew fantastic. This F-4 is absolute my favorite EDF jet.:f4phantom:Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20190304_215428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	182882

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190302_165303.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.2 KB ID:	182883

Replaced the nozzles. Nice details on those 3d parts.:f4phantom

Comment

• Posting here to see if anyone is interested in designing/printing these High Drag SnakeEyes with Operating Fins. I would like to have the Fins lock up when attached to the Rail and spring loaded open upon release. Either MK-82/MK-83 can be done. Prefer the larger MK-83's. I can provide limited assistance with the project if necessary. PM if you'd like to discuss this. A servo actuated Pylon mounted Weapon Release mechanism will need to be designed/printed as well. Thx

Click image for larger version

Name:	5959638673_e58d97b54e_b.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	184334

Name:	6956850585_dbfe9fc02f_b.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	184335Click image for larger version

Name:	6956851293_cfd22a498d_b.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	184336

Name:	kl 04-2013 Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (04).jpg.6524050.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	184337

Comment

• That would be one fiddly mechanism to make those drag panels open, but still lock fully closed at speed in flight...

Very thin walls to print too.

I'd think you want to make the drag panels from soda can. With the slider from machined aluminum on aluminum or CF tube.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
            That would be one fiddly mechanism to make those drag panels open, but still lock fully closed at speed in flight...
            Very thin walls to print too.
            I'd think you want to make the drag panels from soda can. With the slider from machined aluminum on aluminum or CF tube.
            I can see where one might think this. Let me explain Not attempting to copy this mechanism on here, it's far too complex for our needs on this. We simply need to copy the shape of the Drag Panels. Pin hinged at the rear, they open as the airflow moves across them when released. There is a Capture hook up in the inside of the Fin at the trailing edge that goes down into the Bomb body. That capture hook x4 is engaged by a spring loaded ring inside the bomb body which keeps them closed when Bomb Body is mated to the pylon. Upon release from the Pylon, as the release mechanism moves to free the Bomb and the bomb separates from the Pylon, that locking capture ring moves to release it's grip on the Fin capture hooks. The bomb drops away, the drag panels open and the bomb spirals down to be retrieved.

I've got this all figured out. Just need help from a crafty Feller who can 3DP up some Drag Panels (Fins), pin hinged at the rear and a Bomb body with some simple internals. Anyone interested can pm me to discuss. Thanks

Comment

• Hey Y'all, back to the Phantom after our lil' trip. 3DP Nose Gear Door and 3DP Pilot/RIO Bodies with JHH helmets (I waited a couple of months for these guys, so I had to use 'em LOL) Cockpit almost there once I dirty it up a bit. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB , you are putting a lot of effort into that cockpit. Looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                  LB , you are putting a lot of effort into that cockpit. Looks great.
                  EA-6B, Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it's like I can't stop myself. Ahhhhhhh, :Scared: I do think I am finished with it as soon as I mount the crew. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, if you can't stop, I'm sure there are a few of us here that would GLADLY, send you a few more to work your magic on.:)

Comment

• Magic...yeah, that's the ticket...magic. But you mean Jedi Librarian/Garbageman/Homemaker/Plumber/Electrician/Lawn Boy magic, right?. That be me!!! I love you Guys, in that camaraderie sort of way. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Magic...yeah, that's the ticket...magic. But you mean Jedi Librarian/Garbageman/Homemaker/Plumber/Electrician/Lawn Boy magic, right?. That be me!!! I love you Guys, in that camaraderie sort of way. Best, LB
                        Hey LB,.. Do you have a good FlyingSite picked out for that Jet of yours ?? Looks like you're getting close to 'The Day' !! Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                          Hey LB,... Do you have a good flying site picked out for that Jet of yours ?? Looks like you're getting close to 'The Day' !! Cheers
                          BBR, I would think by Easter if the weather is decent here, however there is still a novel's worth of nomenclature to add, finish the painting of all ordinances, pylons, nozzles, walkways, anti-glare, landing gear, tailhook, some weathering, assemble airframe, touch up, apply a matte coat, install the radio, and test stuff, pictures...whew, I love this hobby. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BBR, I would think by Easter if the weather is decent here, however there is still a novel's worth of nomenclature to add, finish the painting of all ordinances, pylons, nozzles, walkways, anti-glare, landing gear, tailhook, some weathering, assemble airframe, touch up, apply a matte coat, install the radio, and test stuff, pictures...whew, I love this hobby. Best, LB

Hmmmmm,... IndependenceDay or HappyHalloween .... with those 20,000 outstanding rivets .. Hahahaha

Comment

• Hey Y'all, And 2&1/2 months later: Before (OEM) and After (3DP) F-4 A/C and Electronics Cooling Intakes. WooHoo. looks like I need to add a 2nd coat-o-paint, though. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	185855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	185856 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	185857 ​​​​​​​
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elbee;n185854]Hey Y'all, And 2&1/2 months later: Before (OEM) and After (3DP) F-4 A/C and Electronics Cooling Intakes. WooHoo. looks like I need to add a 2nd coat-o-paint, though. Best, LB

... ​​​​QUOTE]

Awesomeness !! Now that is a very nice touch !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Matrix View Post
                                  After flying the Yak 130 90 mm 8s for a long time I decided to go for the F4 8s. The maiden and 2nd flight were awesome, didn't need to trim anything it just flew fantastic. This F-4 is absolute my favorite EDF jet.:f4phantom:Cool:
                                  Nice work on the F-4, looks great! Love that Cobra in the background!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Nice work on the F-4, looks great! Love that Cobra in the background!
                                    :Cool:thnx and the Cobra is my other favorite!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Matrix View Post

:Cool:thnx and the Cobra is my other favorite!
                                      Which fuselage kit is it? You don’t see too many single engine Cobra fuselages available..

Comment

• I had to do something about the bottom of the VIRs getting crushed by just handling the F-4, i.e., Robart's Revenge. So I made 'hard points' for the VIRs that resemble the vent openings and of course, had to make the tops look good, too. Gotta love 3DP. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0150.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	188491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	188492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0147.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	188493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	188494
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesomeness LB !!! We both know that all these things make them fly just a tiny bit better !!! And these incremental increases are in fact Measurable,... with the right equipment !!! Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                          X