Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A must have for me! Scoping out the hangar now to see what needs to move over to somehow make room. :f18

Comment

CAN'T. WAIT!! Probably my favorite modern jet of all-time. :Cool::Cool::Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Awesome, That's the best new offering from Motion in a while. Can't wait to get mine.

Comment

Very Nice! I’m out of room, but this is a must have!

Comment

bump.. will this be offered in 90mm 8s?

Originally posted by mtnbiker63 View Post
            Question is, 80mm with an 8S 4000 or a 90mm with an 8S 5000?

Comment

Sorry for the bummer question below:

Any idea as to the price?

Thanks!

Comment

PNP, ARF PLUS...Not sure on 8S...Price will be in line with our other next gen 90mm's...
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

FINALLY.....Love the scheme but gonna need a repaint to the Jolly Rogers. .....Fear the Bones Baby.......

Can we get it before May?

Comment

Originally posted by Luqman Khan View Post
                    bump.. will this be offered in 90mm 8s?

We plan to release a 90mm 6s PNP version, and an ARF PLUS version (everything pre-installed except without a motor/EDF/ESC/UBEC). We do not plan to release a 90mm 8s version, partially because of past 8s sales data and mostly because of battery size constraints. The F-18 is a very long but narrow aircraft.

The first post elaborates a bit further:

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Bonus round: For anyone inclined to install a smaller 80mm EDF, perhaps on 8s for higher speed or 6s 4000 for slower speed and lower operating cost/weight, the 90mm PNP’s box also includes two foam inserts to facilitate installing an 80mm EDF. We’ve flown our Hornet on 80mm 6s 4000, 80mm 8s 4000, 90mm 6s 4000/5000/5100/6000, and even 90mm 8s 4000. In addition to the 90mm 6s PNP, we’ll also have an ARF PLUS available.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
                      Sorry for the bummer question below:

Any idea as to the price?

Thanks!
                      Out of my means for sure...

Comment

very nice! I'd be a player if they come out with a grey version with ordnance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

We plan to release a 90mm 6s PNP version, and an ARF PLUS version (everything pre-installed except without a motor/EDF/ESC/UBEC). We do not plan to release a 90mm 8s version, partially because of past 8s sales data and mostly because of battery size constraints. The F-18 is a very long but narrow aircraft.

I love the 80mm accommodation option! If I can't fit small 12s packs I'll be going lightweight with that route!

Comment

Thank You, very Cool!

Comment

Will there be a grey version available at some point?

Comment

Yes I believe there are plans for a grey version in the future...Alpha can say for sure.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Nice! Save having to paint the Blues on any existing grey versions! I likey.

Comment

Hmm... I was already set on a JF 8S setup. Any idea on battery bay size? Since it was mentioned a 6S 6000 will fit I assume balance will be obtainable with 8S of the smallish HobbyStar 5200's. I do have a couple of the old hot inrunner FreeWing 6S setups stashed away.

Comment

Bingo! Thank you for this delicious gift of a Legacy Hornet, and in an amazing color scheme. I never purchased the original 90mm F-18 because I just did not like the look of it, so I have waited ever since for a replacement (and preferably a C model). The time has come :D. The plastic bits, and attention to detail proudly represents the notorious BA classy nature. I'll be throwing on a gloss clear coat on this for sure. That is a must-have on a Blue Angel's jet. I also love that the pilots helmet will be painted yellow. That's one less thing to do since that's also a must-have item.

You all did some serious work on this one, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to flying it. It is one of my favorite aircraft. Freewing and Motion have been tugging on my heart strings with two favorite releases in a row for 90mm jets. Giddy-up!

Comment

Dare I ask when we might be able to preorder this beauty?

Comment

I'm very happy to see another high-quality release from Freewing. I wish I was more excited about the subject matter, but I know full-well we all have our favorites and can't get the "I wish they would come out with" model subject. But then I said the same thing about the F-22 Raptor (i.e. "never a big fan"), but then I pre-ordered it and love the model which is fabulous. I will say one thing for sure, IF I was to get one of these, it'd have to be gray with the markings left off so we can do our own thing. So add me to that list of guys requesting gray.

Comment

Working...
                                          X