X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
    Video of my build, correction and initials thoughts.
    Dustin, Great vid and your "Red Devils'' livery is "Top-Notch". Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Working on a Nice Seat and Pilot for mine to get things up to the Proper proportions up there in the 'Office' on this one. Click image for larger version

Name:	3689433410_04f2e93d1b_z.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	201086

Comment

• Wheel covers came out nice! Thanks Frank!
        Pat

Comment

• What would be a foam safe glossy clear coat

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

DX9 and an Admiral 10 channel Rx. Used 8 total channels (6 normal + 2 extra) and 6 mixes (3 for Flaps>Ail and 3 for Ail>Elev). I may end up applying Tailerons to all the flight modes at some point and not just landing flaps. Would be really easy to do.
            Hey Steve, that's great! I wouldn't mind snagging your SPM file if you wouldn't mind? I have the iX12 and that sure would save me a ton of time and setting up the mixes...
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post
              What would be a foam safe glossy clear coat
              I use Testors Gloss Cote, and will put it on my BA version. Get it at the LHS, Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I tried Rustoleum 2X once, never again. Bubbled the paint in some places.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Hey Steve, that's great! I wouldn't mind snagging your SPM file if you wouldn't mind? I have the iX12 and that sure would save me a ton of time and setting up the mixes...
                I will see what I can do Todd. I learned a lot about mixes on this one as it really taxed my brain :Dizzy: but dlink72 (Dave) spent some time with me on the phone and helped me to get through it. Prior to that I was ready to just walk away.

Comment

• Anyone running the 8s power system out of the f-4/f-22?

Comment

• I'm honestly thinking about hooking the servos directly to the rx and just leading the LEDS hooked up to the blue box.. would simplify the wiring and take a lot of the clutter out.
                    Planes
                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I believe that if you intend to run the lights only off the board, you need to have something else plugged into the board or there will be no power supply for the lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I believe that if you intend to run the lights only off the board, you need to have something else plugged into the board or there will be no power supply for the lights.
                        Yes sir, was planning to Y off the flaps to power it.

Or leave the flaps on the blue box.

I hate a rats nest....LOL
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Grab a beverage and a snack. An interesting 10 min ahead about paint compatibility, products including Some mentioned here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQyoqsgKaz4&app=desktop

Comment

• Comment

• This makes me want to break out in song...

I like...big...boxes and I cannot lie
                              You other pilots can't deny
                              When FedEx shows up in the middle of the day and puts a brown box in your face you get...SPRUNG!

:)
                              Attached Files
                              Pat

Comment

• Its Xmas on the left coast !
                                As Alpha says....ask and you shall receive.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  This makes me want to break out in song...

I like...big...boxes and I cannot lie
                                  You other pilots can't deny
                                  When FedEx shows up in the middle of the day and puts a brown box in your face you get...SPRUNG!

:)
                                  Wanna pull up tough 'cause you notice that box was stuffed
                                  Deep in the blue tape she's wearin'
                                  I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'
                                  Oh, baby, I wanna just build ya
                                  Then take your picture
                                  Other pilots tried to warn me
                                  But that EDF I got makes me so h....!

So funny Pat. Haven't thought about that song in forever. Have fun with her!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                                    Working on a Nice Seat and Pilot for mine to get things up to the Proper proportions up there in the 'Office' on this one. Click image for larger version  Name:	3689433410_04f2e93d1b_z.jpg Views:	82 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	201086
                                    I used the Mirage cockpit and hacked it up some ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_182205540_iOS.jpg Views:	19 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	201134

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_131545823_iOS.jpg Views:	20 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	201136

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_204238083_iOS.jpg Views:	21 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	201135

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_204428113_iOS.jpg Views:	21 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	201137

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_204337988_iOS.jpg Views:	20 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	201138

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190618_204346977_iOS.jpg Views:	20 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	201139

TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Yes sir, was planning to Y off the flaps to power it.

Or leave the flaps on the blue box.

I hate a rats nest....LOL
                                      I Y'd it to the gear so the landing light still functions as advertised.

I thought the blue board was my problem because both my rudders went nuts. But I hooked each servo to its own channel. Only the right rudder jitters wildly. I then swapped receiver channels for left and right rudder and the right Still moved wildly. One of these applications but when I hope the right rudder up to a servo tester it reacted fine. The only difference is that the servo tester puts out 4.5 V And the UBEC Puts out 5.0 V. So I think I just have a badd servo that Can only handle 4.5 V at 5 V it seems too much for that Servo.

Comment

• The MCBE gets its power from the retracts I think. Here’s a pic of my clutter.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          The MCBE gets its power from the retracts I think. Here’s a pic of my clutter.
                                          Assuming your RX is under the plywood, this doesn’t effect the range of the rx/antenna with all the wires on top of it like that?
                                          Planes

Comment

Working...
                                          X