Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
    Here are some more upclose pics of the:
    1. Battery Bay (disregard the rats nest, this was pre-production version and some of the leads they send were much longer than the final will be)
    2. landing gear
    3. flaps (nicely molded hinges and "open" from the top down view
    4. low-vis rudder servo
    5. the hidden elevator servo hatch behind the BUNO (just gets tacked on, my favorite minor detail)
    How about we keep the leads just a bit longer for those of us who like to move things around a bit????

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post
      You are some wily SOB's! I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on an Eflite F4 Phantom. Now, I think I'll wait...............
      Good call!

Comment

• Looks like I need a grey one so I can go SUPER BEE! Wonder If Cali will be able to print these in 1:11 VFA-113 for the WIN!

Click image for larger version  Name:	f-18cstinger600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	186538

Comment

• No blue box please, just leave the leads and I will do my thing, hate this new retract delay thing going on, I like scale takeoffs with the gear going up as soon as I rotate just like the Blue Angels do.:):)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

We tried to include an airbrake, but it wasn't in the cards. ... ..I can say that we tried it on an early CNC'd prototype, and didn't like the pitching it lent ...

Here's a thought ... How about 'Splashing' out a couple hundred of those Proto-Airbrake plates for us DIY'ers since they are already designed and probably laying around on a workbench somewhere doing nobody any good at the moment...would that be possible ...? A Fiberglass or Plastic Mold/Production run on that part would be wonderful. A simple Brake/Elevator programme mix would solve any coupling issues. I mean, Really, it's a part of the Blues routine to Pop them up !!! Cheers ! Click image for larger version

Name:	14233236921_3776fabe63_b.jpg
Views:	1825
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	186542

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	CF188.jpg Views:	56 Size:	137.9 KB ID:	186546
              I think I'll have to give this livery a try - I may drive Callie crazy with this graphic request!! :Cool:

Comment

• I will love a 3DPUP airbrake! Bring it on!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  Nice! Are there plans to release a base gray primer version? how does the navy blue hold up to the sun?

Time to start scaling down some of my ordinance to 1/11, and design a BRU-57/A double rack
                  Completely agree Chris - get cracking :P
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	CF188.jpg
Views:	1775
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	186546
                    I think I'll have to give livery a try - I may drive Callie crazy with this graphic request!! :Cool:
                    omg, I need this :D
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
                      I'm very happy to see another high-quality release from Freewing. I wish I was more excited about the subject matter, but I know full-well we all have our favorites and can't get the "I wish they would come out with" model subject. But then I said the same thing about the F-22 Raptor (i.e. "never a big fan"), but then I pre-ordered it and love the model which is fabulous. I will say one thing for sure, IF I was to get one of these, it'd have to be gray with the markings left off so we can do our own thing. So add me to that list of guys requesting gray.
                      After flying different airplanes as an RC model and in flight simulators I have realized that it all comes down to how good does that design fly and perform. I have gained great admiration for certain warbirds and combat jets that I did not think much of before flying them. The looks alone can not make an airplane great. So now when ever a new model is released I try to test fly it first in a simulator to see how I would like it before commenting negatively about it.

Comment

• Put me down for a gray one. Really excited about this plane. Can't wait to get one.

Thanks for the hard work to get this one ready for the market.

Comment

Wingspan is 41 inches and length is 57 inches with the nose cone on
                          It would appear this is a brand spanking new mold. It's a bit bigger in all dimensions. I was thinking it may be just the Freewing V2, only updated a little with better stuff, but this is all new. This is what the V2 should have been. I would ordinarily say, let's crash and burn the V2 OZ edition and get this one, but I really like my OZ airforce F-18 and I got no room for both. :(

Comment

Hey Guys, our team had planned to release the all-new Freewing 90mm F-18C Hornet in Blue Angels markings first, followed by a Base Gray PNP version later this summer. However, based on some early customer feedback in this official thread asking about having a Base Gray version sooner, we're open to possibly having both available at the same arrival date. As always, we're happy to respond to our customer family's preferences, which is one of the reasons we opted to show the F-18 a little sooner than usual.

So the poll is open, you have 1 week to vote on it as we have to move fast with the factory in order to accomplish this!

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-airplanes/jets-and-edfs/186492-f-18-blue-angels-and-f-18-base-gray
                            James, don't push it! It seems like you want everyone to vote now. It all started with that *amn March Madness. LOL Joking with ya. But I did vote. I'll probably buy 2, a Blue Angles, (to sit right next to Albert). Then a Grey too, for my combat version, haven't decided exactly how I want to do that one yet.

Woody

Yea! you're gonna sell me some planes. Yea you're, "GONNA SELL WOODCOCK SOME PRICEY PLANES"!! Don't let it go to your heads. W

Comment

• Great job on this new Hornet! I already had feeling an all new Hornet was in development since the old one was discontinued. The F/A-18 is just one of those great airplanes that there will always be a demand for so an all new Hornet was needed.
                              I am about to buy my first EDF soon so this jet will have to wait till I am ready for it. But if I did get one I would have to do one in the VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet.

Name:	VFA-25 Fist of the fleet.jpg
Views:	1491
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	186591

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

James, don't push it! It seems like you want everyone to vote now. It all started with that *amn March Madness. LOL Joking with ya. But I did vote. I'll probably buy 2, a Blue Angles, (to sit right next to Albert). Then a Grey too, for my combat version, haven't decided exactly how I want to do that one yet.

Woody

Yea! you're gonna sell me some planes. Yea you're, "GONNA SELL WOODCOCK SOME PRICEY PLANES"!! Don't let it go to your heads. W
                                LOLI know, getting a little happy with the polls lately, hahaha.

Comment

• I guessed it, just not a Blue Angels, so go ahead MRC an send me my free one?:):)

Watched the video over and over and can't wait for preorder time............:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Here's a thought ... How about 'Splashing' out a couple hundred of those Proto-Airbrake plates for us DIY'ers since they are already designed and probably laying around on a workbench somewhere doing nobody any good at the moment...would that be possible ...? A Fiberglass or Plastic Mold/Production run on that part would be wonderful. A simple Brake/Elevator programme mix would solve any coupling issues. I mean, Really, it's a part of the Blues routine to Pop them up !!! Cheers ! Click image for larger version

Name:	14233236921_3776fabe63_b.jpg
Views:	1825
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	186542
                                    Cost of a mold alone would be 10-15k min. Won't sell that many brakes, IMO. 3D print one.
                                    Planes
                                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• This is what mine's gonna look like!

Image result for VMFA 232 f/a-18

Comment

• This wil be mine like livery :)

Name:	0618F13B-C871-4688-85C8-50CA31F5CB3C.jpeg
Views:	1610
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	186612

Comment

• Someone needs to come up with a bifurcated pipe for these to run the Kingtech 30....

Comment

Working...
                                          X