Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome from across the pond! :Cool: Was just there wonderful trip ! ;)
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• VC, welcome to the Squawk! Jerry. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
        TPS, where do you fly in Denver?
        I moved here recently.
        I fly at Chatfield State park. You will need an AMA membership (required by park rangers) to fly there. Dual, crossing runways and a lot of good folks.

Comment

• Cool!
          Jeffco is about an hour away from me. Arvada is much closer. May head down from time to time and pay you guys a visit.

Vic

Comment

• Hey guys, quick update. People spotted our runcam falling off in the original announcement video (people don't miss a thing), but yes I had slapped some velcro on about 5 minutes before that flight and on that vertical it had peeled the paint clear off the model (never found that runcam). But I went to home depot and got a paint match and it is pretty spot on so I wanted to share the color code as anyone looking to do a blue angels model of any kind can use the color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_140814.jpg
Views:	1274
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	188072
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_140826.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	188073

Comment

• Love that home depot paint counter James!!!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Since I put my RunCam 2 just about anywhere on my models it's always nice to have the paint match numbers. Thanks James, I will be sure to pick some up when I get this beautiful bird!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Being Ret Navy......Blue is the one.

Comment

• [QUOTE=James.MotionRC;n188071]Hey guys, quick update. People spotted our runcam falling off in the original announcement video (people don't miss a thing), but yes I had slapped some velcro on about 5 minutes before that flight and on that vertical it had peeled the paint clear off the model (never found that runcam). But I went to home depot and got a paint match and it is pretty spot on so I wanted to share the color code as anyone looking to do a blue angels model of any kind can use the color./QUOTE]

Thanks James..... I really like the Home depot paint service.

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Tank62 View Post
                      Being Ret Navy......Blue is the one.
                      Welcome TANK!!! And thank you for your service to our great country!!! God Bless Bro!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tank62 View Post
                        Being Ret Navy......Blue is the one.
                        T62, What Hardway wrote and "Welcome to 'The Squawk'" Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

After flying different airplanes as an RC model and in flight simulators I have realized that it all comes down to how good does that design fly and perform. I have gained great admiration for certain warbirds and combat jets that I did not think much of before flying them. The looks alone can not make an airplane great. So now when ever a new model is released I try to test fly it first in a simulator to see how I would like it before commenting negatively about it.
                          I do the same thing.

Comment

• Ok guys and galls, first electric jet. What do I have to look forward too. Going to put 6000s in it. Should I wait a little and let the experienced guys get the bugs worked out. Got 50 plus years in the business. Kinda excited and scared all at the same time

Comment

• I have a 800’ grass runway, think the gear can/will hold up

Comment

• Get an Avanti or the eflite Thunderbird F-16 for your first jet

Comment

• Originally posted by rcpilot321 View Post
                                  Ok guys and galls, first electric jet. What do I have to look forward too. Going to put 6000s in it. Should I wait a little and let the experienced guys get the bugs worked out. Got 50 plus years in the business. Kinda excited and scared all at the same time
                                  ​​​​​​Fly the L-39 first, it makes a great trainer jet as well as a sport scale jet, you can use the same batteries for the F-18 later, just a thought and you will get hooked on EDF jets, you know that don't you?:Cool:

Comment

• Whichever jet you pick first, it won’t be your last!:) Start making room!

Comment

• Originally posted by rcpilot321 View Post
                                      Ok guys and galls, first electric jet. What do I have to look forward too. Going to put 6000s in it. Should I wait a little and let the experienced guys get the bugs worked out. Got 50 plus years in the business. Kinda excited and scared all at the same time
                                      Hey,.. Lighter is Better, especially off Grass. Keep it as light as you can with a Minimum Size Battery and I'm sure you will be pleased. For comparison, the FW F-4 comes in Heavier than this one on a 5000 mA and it's been proven to fly Ok off of Grass. Soooooooo, by my way of thinking, this F/A-18 will be awesome for you. Big and capable of a very wide Flight Envelope !!! I'd 'Say 'Go For It' !!!

... ​​​​​​ I would also say the FW F-22 would probably be even better for you, but you have to like Looking at your Jet ! And for me personally, the Hornet is a much better looking Jet than the Raptor !! I'd 'still get the 'Hornet' and call it good !! Cheers

Comment

• This F-18 seemed to handle the grass in the video very well. Grass comes in lots of flavors and sizes...hard to know what each runway is like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Hey,.. Lighter is Better, especially off Grass. Keep it as light as you can with a Minimum Size Battery and I'm sure you will be pleased. For comparison, the FW F-4 comes in Heavier than this one on a 5000 mA and it's been proven to fly Ok off of Grass. Soooooooo, by my way of thinking, this F/A-18 will be awesome for you. Big and capable of a very wide Flight Envelope !!! I'd 'Say 'Go For It' !!!

... ​​​​​​ I would also say the FW F-22 would probably be even better for you, but you have to like Looking at your Jet ! And for me personally, the Hornet is a much better looking Jet than the Raptor !! I'd 'still get the 'Hornet' and call it good !! Cheers
                                          Well said. This is why my F-15 set ups will actually be better in this plane from what I am guessing...
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X