• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO SWEEEEET! Dang it, I have to buy both now. My poor bank account. LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Lovely!!!!!!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Awesome!!!!

Comment

• Wahooo!! Thanks!!!

Comment

• Oh yeah, will have to have both, now just wait and :Drooling:......LOL

Comment

• Need that Pre Order button!

Sorry (Button(s)
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I am in for the gray version. Would like to try full length/span flaps on this one. Been trying to do the programming on my DX9 but just can't get it right. Any and all advise, help welcomed.

Comment

• If that’s all you want go to wing type and make it two aileron one flap. Plug the other aileron in the channel shown in your monitor screen (maybe gear). Then go to a mix and mix flaps to your left aileron (LAL). Assign what ever you want for throws, say -40% and -40% and then give it -100% offset to give no aileron droop with flaps up.

Remember this will need much more elevator compensation than normal flaps.

Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                  I am in for the gray version. Would like to try full length/span flaps on this one. Been trying to do the programming on my DX9 but just can't get it right. Any and all advise, help welcomed.

Comment

• I would be willing to bet that Alpha and team played with them during the development process. Curious what he might have to say about the use of full span flaps?

Comment

• True. Mine will get full span flaps, full span ailerons and rudder brakes. I'll have to see how it flies with the full span flaps. I have them in my Raptor and I don't like how it flies with them, but they do look cool.

I bought JF 8S and 12S but not sure which will go in it.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      I would be willing to bet that Alpha and team played with them during the development process. Curious what he might have to say about the use of full span flaps?

Comment

• Dang Evan! 12S?? You're an animal! LOL

The flaps on this bird are quite wide to begin with so I can't imagine that adding the ailerons would have much impact on the stab but I defer to the experts.

Comment

• I answered this PM for a member a few days ago. I knew it was just a matter of time before the same question spread among you tuning fiends :Cool:

Here was my answer to him:

I flew the prototype Hornets on tailerons, and as with most of our FFS birds, it flies just fine. We default to traditional AERF setups for our PNPs simply because it's easier for pilots to transition from one bird's setup to the next. But if you want to fly tailerons, go for it. You'll notice some handling differences, but nothing that someone with your skillset can't identify and adjust for easily.

As for full span flaps, we tested that also and you're limited in throw by the aileron's hinge and obviously the flap hinge's geometry. The flap surface can only deflect downward. As with the F-14, people can program their wings for FSFs for looks if they want to, but don't expect a massive difference in handling. For reference, the difference using FSF with the F-14 is greater than the F-18, compared to their respective stock setups. The F-18 PNP already floats on landing --as you know, the PW ratio on a foam EDF model is wildly different than full scale so full spans aren't needed. Again, we omitted this from the PNP because it would require either new programming for the MFCB or require additional user radio programming for four servos.... both options were ones we prefer to avoid in order to keep PNPs accessible to the widest market.

As for elevator compensation with full span flaps, you'll need to experiment since that varies slightly based on your final preferred CG. As you can see in our videos, we tailored the model's landing approach to appear similar to the "real thing", nice and flat. I'd say start with the manual's recommendations which provide for that landing behavior as shown, take the model up high, and have three various settings on a three position switch and see which one you like to retain the flat approach look at your preferred throttle settings.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha!!! Don't fix it if it is not broke! LOL Thanks again for the great job you are doing!!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              You'll notice some handling differences, but nothing that someone with your skillset can't identify and adjust for easily.
                              However "neat" and realistic FSF may be, for those WITHOUT the required skillset (and that may be many of us), this fairly pricey and beautiful plane will just look neat and realistic as it plows itself in for a dirt nap.
                              Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Alpha!!! Don't fix it if it is not broke! LOL Thanks again for the great job you are doing!!!! Jerry
                              Agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                However "neat" and realistic FSF may be, for those WITHOUT the required skillset (and that may be many of us), this fairly pricey and beautiful plane will just look neat and realistic as it plows itself in for a dirt nap.

I wouldn't want any of mine to go out any other way !!! A 'Stocker' is gonna fill a trash bag the same as a 'Tricked-Out' Jet !! One will just be so much more 'Glorious' while doing so !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

I wouldn't want any of mine to go out any other way !!! A 'Stocker' is gonna fill a trash bag the same as a 'Tricked-Out' Jet !! One will just be so much more 'Glorious' while doing so !
                                  It's your money and your hobby. Bury it however you like. Some folks would just as soon fly theirs more than once.
                                  PS. A couple of sticks of large firecrackers will be even more glorious.

Comment

• Some would argue that taking some Mediocre Jet out and flying it around in Silly Racetrack Circles is about as gratifying and exhilarating as a Cox .049 Mustang at the end of a Control Line.

Comment

• I was screwing around with on on real flight. I added fsf and it it added a bit of nose down moment. I added rudders that would both defect inboard mix during flaps deployment and that took out the need for any elevatotor to flap mix. I also set up "tailerons" @20 % mix. It increased the roll rat but not significantly. Again this is in realflight not real world. Again I am using the specs as far as weight and size from the stated specs in this thread and the q&a video. If the physics of realflight are somewhat accurate, these mods should be doable.

Comment

• I also added a switch to allow the stabs to be way more aggressive in the positve direction to realyl stand it on its tail for an extreme high alpha. With fsf, tailerons and the rudder to flap mix It's doable in realflight but i don't think it would be feasable in real world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61IJ2km-AhL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	1231
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	190405

Comment

• LEFlaps certainly is within the Realm of a very 'Doable' and highly beneficial Mod !! That will be First-Up on mine !! After I Cut that Pilot out and get that seat repositioned... then the 'DuallyBurner' is going in. ExcitingStuff !!

Comment

Working...
                                          X