X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

I wouldn't want any of mine to go out any other way !!! A 'Stocker' is gonna fill a trash bag the same as a 'Tricked-Out' Jet !! One will just be so much more 'Glorious' while doing so !
    BBR, Acknowledged and Agreed. Mach 2 with your hair on fire. It's the only way..."but it's so pretty, please don't break it." Hah!!! Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Some would argue that taking some Mediocre Jet out and flying it around in Silly Racetrack Circles is about as gratifying and exhilarating as a Cox .049 Mustang at the end of a Control Line.
      Argue all you want. It wasn't the point of my post anyway. Go back and read it and see what the real point was. NOT doing all flaps has nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to do with "Silly Racetrack Circles" or gratification OR exhilaration. That seems to be YOUR point. It wasn't mine in any way, shape or form.

Comment

• Love the VFA-82 scheme as it’s my old squadron. This pic was after my time while stationed on Abraham Lincoln. CV-66 USS America was the Mauraders home for me. Love it all though. Thanks for bringing this to us!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BBR, Acknowledged and Agreed. Mach 2 with your hair on fire. It's the only way..."but it's so pretty, please don't break it." Hah!!! Best, LB
          I know !! ...Right ..??? Let's face it, any given flight could be the 'Last' for any RC Aircraft for any number of reasons... Maiden Flight through the 305th. My way of thinking is, make it a 'Glorious' Occasion and fly it in a Glorious Fashion on every outing. And fly it in a Respectable manner that'll bring a Tear to the Eye and Goosebumps to anyone else who's happened to witnessed the scene.

I seldom fly 'Stockers' and when I do, it is usually only at the insistence of the Owner, cause it won't be one of mine !! Hahahahaha Only after I've got one up to a given 'Presentation Standard' both Visually and Electronically/Structurally does one of mine ever leave the ground. Even somebody's old tired and worn out 'GatorJet' that I've acquired, still gets a thorough GoingOver before I'll be seen flying it !! And... I fly Alone !! Hahahahaha

I think some of these Guyz get the Jitters over flying their Stockers simply because they have spent a lot of money on them and if they destroy it, well, it's that monetary investment that is gone, not some emotional connection to that pile of Foam Wreckage because they've not put Hundreds of Hours into detailing them effectively creating a personalize flying masterpiece. Crash a 'Stocker' and you simply buy another. Crash a Masterpiece and you simply buy another 'Stocker' and start over. For those who do not understand this or feel this way, it cannot be explained.

Comment

I know !! ...Right ..???Crash a Masterpiece and you simply buy another 'Stocker' and start over. For those who do not understand this or feel this way, it cannot be explained.
            BBR, You know for me, half this fine hobby is the building of the vision in my head from what I know and/or what I like. Emotionally, I would feel no better after a mishap if it were bone stock, I'd still just be wondering what did incorrectly or what broke. It's not about just the flying part of the hobby for me, if it were I'd go back to playing golf all the time Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I like tinkering a little and custom color schemes. I am nervous every time I put a plane the first time, or the first time after a major repair. I have a garbage bag in my van at all timesLOL.

I sucks to loose a model. It doesn't bother me as much if I have had 300 + flights on it. I have picked an arbitrary number of 100. 100 flights and I got my money's worth. Anything over 100, I am playing with house money!:)

it does suck to pour many hours into a work of art then crash on the first flight. if I make it past my first flight and it flies well then it is gravy. But I agree just start over and make it "better than new".

Comment

• I like tinkering a little and custom color schemes. I am nervous every time I put a plane the first time, or the first time after a major repair. I have a garbage bag in my van at all timesLOL.

I sucks to loose a model. It doesn't bother me as much if I have had 300 + flights on it. I have picked an arbitrary number of 100. 100 flights and I got my money's worth. Anything over 100, I am playing with house money!:)

it does suck to pour many hours into a work of art then crash on the first flight. if I make it past my first flight and it flies well then it is gravy. But I agree just start over and make it "better than new".

Comment

• I think it will be amazing if the kit will include the afterbuners led rings...like the 90mm F-16 I have..or the F-104....

Comment

• Freshly posted in FB..
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                      I have a garbage bag in my van at all times.
                      LOL LOL LOL After my first "total loss" one of the other guys at the field walked to his car and brought me an old wooden 'peach basket' and said, keep this with you at all times. I have 'peach basketed' several since. It comes with the territory. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I remember one time I broke from tradition and decided to paint one of my NIB 90mm Freewing F-18 Super Hornet V2s the BA scheme before the maiden. Really nice paint job, got the Callie graphics, detailed her out, she looked awesome.

On the maiden take off she rotated and torque rolled violently and smashed into the pavement and that was all she wrote. I don't recall the reason exactly for the crash but I know it was something I forgot to do or something in the settings kind of thing. After that incident I vowed to NEVER spend the time painting and detailing a model until it's been flown and trimmed out successfully.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your BA F-18 Aros. Can't wait for this end, just waiting for that "Buy Now" button.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            I remember one time I broke from tradition and decided to paint one of my NIB 90mm Freewing F-18 Super Hornet V2s the BA scheme before the maiden. Really nice paint job, got the Callie graphics, detailed her out, she looked awesome.

On the maiden take off she rotated and torque rolled violently and smashed into the pavement and that was all she wrote. I don't recall the reason exactly for the crash but I know it was something I forgot to do or something in the settings kind of thing. After that incident I vowed to NEVER spend the time painting and detailing a model until it's been flown and trimmed out successfully.
                            I don't even touch the decals until it's had a few flights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

I don't even touch the decals until it's had a few flights!
                              Hahaha :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• I tend to make modifications such as paint, and decal changes right out of the box as it is often easier to do so when they are in their separate pieces unless it can be disassembled. At least it looks pristine for at least one photo!! LOL It does make maiden flights a lot more nerve wracking though when you've invested so much time in getting things looking just right!!!

Comment

• That's why I always take pre-maiden photos...It's PROOF it was in one piece once! LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bklee View Post
                                    Love the VFA-82 scheme as it’s my old squadron. This pic was after my time while stationed on Abraham Lincoln. CV-66 USS America was the Mauraders home for me. Love it all though. Thanks for bringing this to us!!!
                                    When were you on America?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	190556Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	190557 It's a Scale really ...and I think I'm on one end of that Scale. I installed FFStabs on the FW F-16C 70mm, did the Paintwork and Graphics before I ever flew it. It flew with a few items on the pylons on the 'Maiden' also. If it was 'Going In', it was gonna look Awesome doing it !!! I wouldn't have it any other way ... Hahahahaha

Comment

• I stuff a garbage bag in the fuselage, so that it's already at the crash site ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                          I stuff a garbage bag in the fuselage, so that it's already at the crash site ;)
                                          Lmao! Reminds me of Ron White. "How far can we make it on one engine? - Just about to the scene of the crash. That's handy, since that's where we're headded. Probably beat the paramedics there by about 30 minutes or so."LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X