Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPS View Post

The JetFan has 9 blades. The stock FW, 90mm, F-4 puts out 6 lbs in Denver. The plane with an Admiral 6S Carbon, 70C battery weighs 8.1 lbs. In Denver there is about a 25-30% thrust lose compared to sea level specs. I use a Castle Creations 160A Lite. At full power this setup pulls 137 amps. This setup is pricey but well worth it if your interested in reliability and performance. This setup has equaled/or has out performed the FW, 90mm, 8S system. I'm standardized on 6S batteries that's why I took this route.
    Just wondering as I'm at 3500 feet elevation.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      Just wondering as I'm at 3500 feet elevation.
      I always weigh the plane, get the thrust with a fish scale and find out how many amps it draws with a watt reading. This is before any flights. At our altitude, about 400 watts equals 1 pound of thrust. Just my calculations.

Comment

• TPS, where do you fly in Denver?
        I moved here recently.

Comment

• will this plane be the next release that can be purchased or will something new be available for purchase before this? Sounds like this one will not be shipping out for some time..

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasaro View Post
            will this plane be the next release that can be purchased or will something new be available for purchase before this? Sounds like this one will not be shipping out for some time..
            Logic would dictate that IF there were another plane of this caliber to be release BEFORE this one, a thread similar to this one would have started BEFORE this one. People kept asking over and over and over again in the "live" YouTube broadcast about "price" and over and over and over again, it was posted that the price would be announced in a "few weeks", yet people kept asking. Deductive reasoning should give you the answer.

Comment

• I actually don’t want another plane of this caliber! A new 70mm is long overdue so I’m wondering if they will have a smaller surprise release before this one!

Comment

• I don't think they make the same kind of deal with 70mm planes. Most of the time, they just "appear".

Comment

• eta on pricing and shipping?
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    eta on pricing and shipping?
                    In the next few weeks we will announce the pricing and pre-sale info.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• When is the podcast?

Comment

• No, when WAS the pod cast. There is a link a couple pages back.

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                        When is the podcast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          No, when WAS the pod cast. There is a link a couple pages back.

Oh no I mean with rc after hours

Comment

• Hi alpha,

and others.... is it possible to make a 3dpup two part main gear door (two short doors for single wheel well opposing the now single long door)? It will make it look scale and also prevent the single long door from breaking in case of any very hard landings or grass handling, as if it's in two pieces...each piece will be shorter.

Possible?
                            What you all think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
                              Hi alpha,

and others.... is it possible to make a 3dpup two part main gear door (two short doors for single wheel well opposing the now single long door)? It will make it look scale and also prevent the single long door from breaking in case of any very hard landings or grass handling, as if it's in two pieces...each piece will be shorter.

Possible?
                              What you all think?
                              Of course it is 'Possible' !!! In fact some of us will not fly this unless it has All x10 Gear Doors installed !!! x3 each side of the Mains , x3 on the Nose and that NoseGear Brace Strut gets a Gear Door on it as well. Real question here is, ... How True to the FSA are you prepared to go with your New Foamie ?? Getting one of these in the air is a Lotta work for some // x6 Screws for others !! Cheers !! Click image for larger version  Name:	FA-18D-Blue-Angels.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	187741 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-31-21-52-07.png
Views:	1508
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	187756

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Of course it is 'Possible' !!! In fact some of us will not fly this unless it has All x10 Gear Doors installed !!! x3 each side of the Mains , x3 on the Nose and that NoseGear Brace Strut gets a Gear Door on it as well. Real question here is, ... How True to the FSA are you prepared to go with your New Foamie ?? Getting one of these in the air is a Lotta work for some // x6 Screws for others !! Cheers !! Click image for larger version

Name:	FA-18D-Blue-Angels.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	187741
                                And I'm one of those, as soon as it arrives I will have it together in no time and have my maiden done and all that before some of you scale guys even decide how your going to kit bash it, I love to fly them and fly them I do, I work on scale flights more than making it look scale, I just can't see how you guys buy a $500 jet and dirty it all up when they come so puurrty out of the box.............:)

One thing I will do on the F-18, change out those ugly not so scale wheels, I know they are large for the grass flyers but those have to go, that's about as scale as I will get with any of my EDF jets..............LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                  I just can't see how you guys buy a $500 jet and dirty it all up when they come so puurrty out of the box.............:)
                                  I'm glad to see I'm not alone. Fly it a few times and add in the hanger rash and it'll look plenty "weathered" plenty quick.

Comment

• Saw these back in Houston years ago, it seems..... Looks pretty cool though!!! ;)

Comment

• Agreed,... Aggresssor's Rock !!!

Comment

• Thank you for the early announcement MotionRC! I just placed my custom graphics order with Callie Graphics. The foam inserts for an 80mm was a great idea!

Comment

• Hi guy‘s from Freewing and MotionRc,
                                          fantastic job you have done.
                                          it is a superb plane and it should be my next one and if possible may be with a 90mm / 12 blade from Freewing of cause the sound.
                                          greetz from North Gemany✈️✈️✈️????????????

Comment

Working...
                                          X