Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's the best squadron (and oldest in the corps) when they have a matching Fire Truck as their drunken pilot rescue vehicle.LOLClick image for larger version  Name:	VFMA-232fire truck.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	186853

I love talking with these guys at the Miramar airshow...they always have the best Squadron booth setup with the most silliness going on....

Thanks for your service to the personnel in all of the USMC/NAVY Bug Squadrons!

Comment

• Gotta love those RED DEVILS....

Comment

• I was at The Museum Of Flight in Seattle a couple of years ago and parked next to each other were my two favorite jets of all time! The F18 and the F14. The F18 may just have to be on my list of purchases from Motion RC!!

Comment

• Alpha, bring on the gray. Need to add to the fleet. Goooooo Navy ....:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_213615.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	186872
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Purely for options. In the Hornet we had the opportunity to develop a model as a 90mm 6s PNP (in our opinion the BEST balance of price/performance/weight/duration/etc), but along the way also endeavored to design the platform to be versatile. It turned out that the Hornet could fly with a wide range of power setups. Again, the vast majority of our customer family will prefer the 90mm 6s PNP, which is why that's the only PNP version we're releasing and that's the version we strongly recommend as your first option.

Meanwhile, we also recognize that there are a few pilots out there who enjoy tinkering with their models and who already have other power systems in their possession. So for them, a model with options has wider appeal. This is where the ARF PLUS version comes in handy, because a power system isn't pre-installed. If someone had a JetFan 80mm 8s power system, or a super efficient 90mm Wemo setup, or a custom 80mm 12s system, or whatever.... the ARF PLUS is cheaper to acquire, and with the shroud adapter we've made for the F-18 you're halfway there. I've flown this Hornet on our cheapest 80mm outrunner 6s power system, and while it's not exhilarating compared to the 90mm PNP, it is cheaper overall to operate and lighter, and so if I theoretically was someone who loved the Hornet and had the 80mm system already in my possession and wanted to save some money, the ARF PLUS is a good start and I'd know that at least Motion RC flew it.

The 90mm F-4 is a good example of a 90mm that wouldn't fly on the 80mm OR system. It turns out that the 90mm F-18 can.

When in doubt, 6s PNP.

Just hope it's not a kite like the F-4 was at 5000'.

Comment

• I have to ask, what the hell is this thing?
              Attached Files
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by air-jon View Post

Love The Red Devils F-18 CAG "Retro F-4 Scheme" circa 2012. That is what I will paint my grey version someday. The Devils are here at Miramar and l love seeing this CAG plane fly over! It no longer has the retro radome colors, but still looks great with the red tails. I want the BA scheme first, because it's awesome and I won't have to do any paint work! I will have to paint the intakes interior and gear struts the proper white though...Click image for larger version Name:	vfma-232.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	186837
                Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.7 KB ID:	186880 I'm going with you on this one! It will look great with my Phantom.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  I have to ask, what the hell is this thing?
                  Its is know as a wolpertinger. It is a Bavarian version of a jackelope.. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

Its is know as a wolpertinger. It is a Bavarian version of a jackelope.. :Cool:
                    Many thanks!
                    :-)

Is it a malevolent or benevolent creature?
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• [QUOTE=e4dragongunner;n186884]

Many thanks!
                      :-)

Is it a malevolent or benevolent

Oh its peacefull but a bit mischievous. Commonly seen after to much frivolity.... :Don't-tell-Anyone:

Comment

• Doing this one as well

Image result for VMFA-232 F/A-18

Comment

• The Corps is getting some love in this thread!:Cool:

You guys can get it all worked out with Callie please so I can just click some Red Devil! I even have VMFA-232 T-shirt to match that I bought at Miramar! LOL

The web giveth as well...

https://www.squadrontees.com/VMFA_23...2reddevils.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Thanks, Air-Jon, our team worked hard on this bird for quite a while. We've been deliberating a new F-18 off and on for years now. The time was finally right where we could execute a Hornet that fit our ambition.

Good luck with your 12s mod; if anyone can do it, you can!
                            Thanks Alpha! I forgot to say I am really impressed and super-stoked on the functional boundary layer bypass vents! It's the little things... I'll accept the small cheater to have dead scale intakes and splitters! I bet you've been working on this for years...it shows! Glad you could sneak it in the schedule finally.

I look at 12S differently than most. To me it's not totally about making it a speed machine, It about the easiest way to pick up 10-20% efficiency for almost nothing...and get a performance from it! Small wires, low amps, low heat. Drop the kv and boost the Kt! 12S can be the same total wattage as a 6S system but way less heat waste and losses (because Amps/2). You can then run the cheapest lightest batteries cause they are only drawing 50-60A and still getting 2.5kw+. Put a couple cheap 2600-3000 6s packs together, jetfan on a 900-1000 kv HET 700-60 motor and rip! No more unobtanum batteries needed and the only premium is a Castle HV 80 ESC which are not so bad @ $140! Skip the 8/10s and just go for 12S! (it's what the VMFA-232 Red Devils would do!)
                            Of course you can do the crazy 1125/1200kv at 3.5/4.2kw too and try to rip the wings off if that is your thing:Silly: As soon as I hit 1:1 power/weight...i'm a happy camper!

Comment

• This is a close 2nd for my favorite F-18 scheme. Navy Centennial China Lake retro scheme.

Click image for larger version  Name:	f-18_china_lake.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	186901

Comment

• Is it tomorrow yet? Will it be video review day, and pre-order day????

Comment

• I like this a lot!

Comment

• Ready With Cash!!!!

Comment

• So glad to see a properly done Legacy Hornet coming about! The landing gear looks great as does the rest of the plane! Really looking forward to this one! Great job Motion RC and Freewing with this one! So far its gotta be one of the best looking birds I have seen thus far! Add a thick coat of shiny clear and its good to go!
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                        So glad to see a properly done Legacy Hornet coming about! The landing gear looks great as does the rest of the plane! Really looking forward to this one! Great job Motion RC and Freewing with this one! So far its gotta be one of the best looking birds I have seen thus far! Add a thick coat of shiny clear and its good to go!

Agreed! Shiny clear for the BA.... nicely weathered, gray and flat for the carrier bird!

Comment

• My buddy is a hornet pilot with VMFA-312 Checkerboards, "Fight's On". He's the Ops O I think. I will probably do the high vis checkerboard scheme. To do my squadron, I will have to learn rc helicopters :(. Click image for larger version  Name:	F-18C_of_VMFA-312_launches_from_USS_Harry_S._Truman_(CVN-75)_in_Feb_2014.JPG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	186958

Comment

Working...
                                          X