X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rcpilot321 View Post
    Ok guys and galls, first electric jet. What do I have to look forward too. Going to put 6000s in it. Should I wait a little and let the experienced guys get the bugs worked out. Got 50 plus years in the business. Kinda excited and scared all at the same time
    Welcome to the Squawk! I think with your stated experience level, the F-18 should be fine, but if you want to start off with the F-22, it will use those batteries and it does fly great. I don't want to say trainer, but man it sure feels that way if you have the right expo and CG!!! Good luck! If I can help, just send me a PM or do it right here so I can give you bad advice in public!!! :Drooling: ;):Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Welcome to the Squawk! I think with your stated experience level, the F-18 should be fine, but if you want to start off with the F-22, it will use those batteries and it does fly great. I don't want to say trainer, but man it sure feels that way if you have the right expo and CG!!! Good luck! If I can help, just send me a PM or do it right here so I can give you bad advice in public!!! :Drooling: ;):Cool::Cool: Jerry
      I just blew cola out my nose. :bluetongue

Comment

• I must say, I'm very tempted to program taileron, full span flaps, and flaperon use on this F-18C. I love the look of full span flaps, and the look of flying these scale models is part of the fun. Of course there are additional things to keep in mind when adding this type of programming complexity to the model, and much testing on the ground and during flight. Additional complexity can introduce potential for problems, but I've programmed tailerons and full span flaps with flaperons before on a different jet, know what to expect, and am willing to do it again on this F-18.

The videos below show some awesome approaches (especially the crosswind landings) with flaperon and taileron use easily visable.

Comment

• T-CAT,

Really amazing footage. I am a huge fan of incorporating as many functional scale features as possible with my models, weight dependent of course. I've being playing around with my FW 64mm F-18, even added flaps before it's maiden. It's now my pattern, touch and go EDF trainer. Fuselage is pretty worn now, so I grabbed a replacement, and a 70mm as an upgrade. Adding rudders so decided to give it some more power while I'm at it. I prefer the square intakes of the later model F-18 Super Hornets, but this one in the grey version just might get added to my hangar, due to it's promising looking flight characteristics...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            T-CAT,

Really amazing footage. I am a huge fan of incorporating as many functional scale features as possible with my models, weight dependent of course. I've being playing around with my FW 64mm F-18, even added flaps before it's maiden. It's now my pattern, touch and go EDF trainer. Fuselage is pretty worn now, so I grabbed a replacement, and a 70mm as an upgrade. Adding rudders so decided to give it some more power while I'm at it. I prefer the square intakes of the later model F-18 Super Hornets, but this one in the grey version just might get added to my hangar, due to it's promising looking flight characteristics...
            I think this jet will sell incredibly well, and I know many of us hobbyist have been waiting years for a new mold and more scale F-18 90mm EDF jet (I'm SO happy there is no thrust vectoring on this, and it looks much better than the older FW 90mm F-18). This F-18 appears to fly incredible right out of the box, and am eager to get one of my own. Cheers to the wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
              .... .... am a huge fan of incorporating as many functional scale features as possible with my models...
              Agreed !!! If it's working on the FSA ... We want it on 'Ours'. For some, there simply is no other way to present a Scale Flying Model.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171119_154355 (1).jpg
Views:	1644
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	188942

Name:	IMG_20171216_162216_396.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	188943

Name:	IMG_20171031_103451.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	188944

Comment

• Bobaroo,

You've got some serious skills my friend! I attempted to add air brakes on my 80mm FW F-86. When I first got it like you have their on your A-4. There is a perfect gap between the epennage and the thrust tube for a servo on each side. I could never come up with a linkage that would give me the extension that I wanted and also pull the brake panels in flush, with out binding. May I see additional pictures on how you accomplished that mod on your A-4?:Thinking:

Comment

• F*ck me, I thought it was a plastic model cast! Awesome work Bobaroo!! When I purchased the A-4 I wanted to make the slats mod but too much work and invested time in enjoying the bird flying instead hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                    I am following along with interest in this upcoming new F-18 C model but currently have too much uncertainty in my life to get really excited about it.

Reason: https://youtu.be/u6sy1RKm4Hw
                    We are all praying for some good news for you Bill. Keep up with the positive attitude and we will keep you in our thoughts.

Brent

Comment

• I am with you T CAT on the full span flaps mode...Such a beautiful profile not unlike the iconic Corsair with it's full 3-stage flaps on approach...Just gorgeous. I may have to tinker with that profile myself when I get my hands on one of these beauties.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        I am with you T CAT on the full span flaps mode...Such a beautiful profile not unlike the iconic Corsair with it's full 3-stage flaps on approach...Just gorgeous. I may have to tinker with that profile myself when I get my hands on one of these beauties.
                        No doubt about it :Cool:. The way a F-18 looks on landing approach is just amazing, and it would be difficult for me not to do this programming mix.

Comment

• Had a chance to take the F-18 out again but this time with a new 6000mAh 6S Admiral Pro. Love the length of the flight! Can't wait to try it on the F-22 and especially a prop plane like the Corsair.

Comment

• Great flying James, and perfect touchdown on the landing!

I just linked the video in RCG.

Which field is this again?

Comment

• Nice flight, love the times on the 6000. Will definitely be snagging a couple of those this year. I am SO excited for this jet!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by air-jon View Post
                                Great flying James, and perfect touchdown on the landing!

I just linked the video in RCG.

Which field is this again?
                                We fly at the Cobb County Radio Control Club (CCRC) in Georgia

Comment

• Sure looks the part!
                                  Can't wait to get mine on order. I've got a special power setup just waiting to be dropped in.

:Smug:
                                  Vic

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

We fly at the Cobb County Radio Control Club (CCRC) in Georgia
                                    That is a nice field! Looks like spring has fully sprung there!

Comment

• Great video :Cool:. More footage of the new jet is fun to watch. It makes me excited for its arrival.

Comment

• Way to push the envelope guys!!! Keep Going :)
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	321.4 KB ID:	189996 sense I am nuts for the f18..how u like this twin turbine job? lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X