Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's waiting patiently and impatiently for this to be delivered? Ha-ha

My dreams since the pre-order.......
    :f18.........:f18.........:f18.........Smug:.....(even though the emoji needs to not be a Super Hornet LOL).

Comment

• Yeah I think it looks much better with the wingtip rails myself...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Dirty Dee 1/10th Aim-9 scaled to 95%. Came out just over 10-1/2" long.
        RCJD, Bravo Zulu. And would you look at my question in the F-4 Forum. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Dirty Dee 1/10th Aim-9 scaled to 95%. Came out just over 10-1/2" long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190427_113954.jpg
Views:	1943
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	192122
          I just realized that I forgot to update the forward nose section on thingiverse. I added extra detail to help paint the brown/yellow stripes as well as the forward seeker head. I'll need to upload those shortly.

Comment

• Awesome stuff Dirty Dee!

Comment

• Thanks!

One of the fun aspects of the hobby. :a10

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

I just realized that I forgot to update the forward nose section on thingiverse. I added extra detail to help paint the brown/yellow stripes as well as the forward seeker head. I'll need to upload those shortly.
                Now you tell me...LOL OK, just for that, we need some F-18 pylons. :Silly:

Comment

• For your wingtip AIM-9 file, DirtyDee, see my photo to double check the location of your T-slots.

Btw, for those who asked, MWS or MAS stands for Modular Weapon System or Modular Armament System. It's easier to pronounce here in the engineering room as 'Miz' or 'Maz'. It's easier for us to refer to it as that single syllable instead of "T-slot sliding clip to attach the munitions to the pylon".

​​
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    For your wingtip AIM-9 file, DirtyDee, see my photo to double check the location of your T-slots.

​​
                    Thanks, I'll have to update that when I rescale the sidewinders.

The ones Steve printed I originally designed for the A-10, so the T slots were located to match stock.

Comment

• Getting pretty military there Alpha. :)MERs, TERs, PMBRs. I need a PMBR, loaded with MK-76s for my TA-4J.LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                        Getting pretty military there Alpha. :)MERs, TERs, PMBRs. I need a PMBR, loaded with MK-76s for my TA-4J.LOL
                        You forgot PBR-24s in the Cockpit.:)
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are very important to mission success.....
                          ;)

Comment

• If you get to 6-PBR, it is bingo....

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

The full scale Blus Angel's have the wingtip rails installed, just without ordnance. I personally think all F-18's look best with the wingtip rails, and ordnance attached makes the look even better.:Cool:
                              So do the Canadian demo birds, I think so the ground crew have something to hit their heads on.:)
                              Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

So do the Canadian demo birds, I think so the ground crew have something to hit their heads on.:)
                                Tom
                                Ha-ha. Maybe that's extra environmental awareness training. LOL

Comment

• Heey no one talks about decals of the new F18 Grey! Will they come like the grey F4 in variants or all customization Will Depend on us?:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bax91 View Post
                                    Heey no one talks about decals of the new F18 Grey! Will they come like the grey F4 in variants or all customization Will Depend on us?:)
                                    No decals included Because they had to rush the grey version

Comment

• Correct, all the birds are already boxed up, including the newly added gray birds. We plan to offer a set of decals, one of the ones that James posted a week or so ago, but those would be sold as a spare part SKU# for those who want it. We observed that there wasn't a huge consensus of support for any single gray markings but rather that everyone has their own ideas so this bird seems increasingly like one that Callie will have lots of fun supporting. From my chat with her she's already received tons of decal requests, more than usual for our other products. Which is a good thing, too --we love her and enjoy supporting her business by providing the foundations for owners' customizations.

I'm working on a special scheme on mine, teaser'd yesterday to the sharp eyed.. ;)

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        I'm working on a special scheme on mine, teaser'd yesterday to the sharp eyed.. ;)
                                        Call sign Ambush? You’d need an ACMI pod on your starboard rail...

Click image for larger version  Name:	0643D272-EBCA-4E9E-B08F-765CC4291464.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	192528

Comment

• Nice scheme but even looking at the photo it is hard to tell top/bottom or port/starboard ! Imagine in the air will be even harder to discern a shape, again camo works.

Comment

Working...
                                          X