Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I just saw Alphas thread on this subject and was responding to it. I do hope a solution can be found.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
      Great now you've caused me to spend more money. Thanks for that lol
      Actually it sounds like RC Geek should be giving me thanks! ;)LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Haven't pulled the trigger yet! I have a JP 6S fan motor setup. Should I go with the ARF?! Whatcha think?
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Anyone know how long the Y lead will need to be on the rc geeks centre burner to Y lead it onto the esc / throttle channel. Also will it run directly to the receiver or will it go through the multi function box first?

Comment

• I want my jet! When am I getting my jet? It’s MY JET! :)
            Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

Anyone know how long the Y lead will need to be on the rc geeks centre burner to Y lead it onto the esc / throttle channel. Also will it run directly to the receiver or will it go through the multi function box first?
              On my F22 I ran it from the Rx directly to the Y. I had enough wire included to fit my F22

Comment

Surely if the model needs up elevator to fly straight and level then the wing incidence must be wrong..
                Full size Legacy Hornets have a bit of up elevator....sooo

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Haven't pulled the trigger yet! I have a JP 6S fan motor setup. Should I go with the ARF?! Whatcha think?
                  I say do it! ARF plus. I did an ARF Plus as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post
                    Full size Legacy Hornets have a bit of up elevator....sooo
                    LOL LOL LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Alert air force one is under threat. "Right scramble the F18's" "Where are those F18s" "err they 2 weeks out sir" "Bull**** 2 weeks out, this thing will be over in 2mins" "Well we have 1 blue Angel sir" "Right fine whatever, scramble the blue angel" "Slight problem there sir, it's not loaded with ordinance " "Well son you better get it loaded with ordinance " "Ahh yeah about that sir, ordinance is probably a few more weeks out" "You're fired, everybody's F**king fired, what use to me are F18s without ordinance, we're going to war not trying to dazzle our enemy with an airshow"

Lol sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

• Last Monday (Memorial Day) our club had a Fun Fly. It was a great event. 5 hours later at about 11pm, 8 Tornadoes came through the Dayton OH area. All of the permanat structures at our flying field were erased just foundations were left. This pales in comparison to the widespread damage to people's homes and businesses. The NWS originally classified this tornado as an EF3 based on wind speeds. After surviving the damage they reclassified it to an EF4. Unfortunately there was one fatality. But since the tornadoes hit at night, we are very lucky that the toll was not worse. Our flying club is working with community leaders to assist the people who were displaced with water and non-perishable food. Once that work is done we will begin rebuilding our flying field.

Comment

• Hey guys. I was sent a Base Grey F/A-18C that was supposed to get to me before Joe Nall but got stuck in shipping. Steve Hodges was going to be customizing this one down at Joe Nall, but now I will be getting her ready for NEFI. The Blue Angels one I got early and wasn't a final production run, but boy she looks sweet in grey. I spoke of the foam insert that comes with the model for guys thinking about maybe using an 80mm fan and you can see it in the picture.

As for the customizing. I'll be going with the VMFA-115 Silver Eagles decals from Callie. Been printing up some Dirty Dee ordinance and got my home depot paint match ready to go.

I'd love to make the airbrake for at least static display. The foam has lines in it to show the air brake, and I really don't want to cut out the foam, any ideas on how to make a static one? If it was flat like the F-15 that'd be much easier but this one curves. I'd hate to hide that nice decal back between the verts.

Comment

• Awesome James, thank for the update and pics!

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to a video showing how to apply Callie graphics? I have never used this type of graphic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcus4 View Post
                                Does anyone have a link to a video showing how to apply Callie graphics? I have never used this type of graphic.
                                We are filming this as a video. Hope to have it done by end of the week. But they are just vinyl's Peel and place. The trick here will be the full stickers for the vertical stabs. I am definitely a little nervous to do them, but ready for the challenge!

Comment

• I am trying to figure out additional lighting for it. I would silicone mold the dive brake and make it out of fiberglass myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcus4 View Post
                                    Does anyone have a link to a video showing how to apply Callie graphics? I have never used this type of graphic.
                                    Not a video as such, but be sure to read this page carefully: https://callie-graphics.com/pages/instructions
                                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

We are filming this as a video. Hope to have it done by end of the week. But they are just vinyl's Peel and place. The trick here will be the full stickers for the vertical stabs. I am definitely a little nervous to do them, but ready for the challenge!
                                      Definitely recommend the wet application method for large/complex decals. Being able to move it around a bit before it sets is paramount.
                                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                                        Hey guys. I was sent a Base Grey F/A-18C that was supposed to get to me before Joe Nall but got stuck in shipping. Steve Hodges was going to be customizing this one down at Joe Nall, but now I will be getting her ready for NEFI. The Blue Angels one I got early and wasn't a final production run, but boy she looks sweet in grey. I spoke of the foam insert that comes with the model for guys thinking about maybe using an 80mm fan and you can see it in the picture.

As for the customizing. I'll be going with the VMFA-115 Silver Eagles decals from Callie. Been printing up some Dirty Dee ordinance and got my home depot paint match ready to go.

I'd love to make the airbrake for at least static display. The foam has lines in it to show the air brake, and I really don't want to cut out the foam, any ideas on how to make a static one? If it was flat like the F-15 that'd be much easier but this one curves. I'd hate to hide that nice decal back between the verts.
                                        James, I presume you are doing the CAG's livery with our "Red, White, & Blue" on the speed brake. You gotta find a way, Man. Great choice. Looking forward to see it done. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi James.. Does the F-18 require Flaps to Elevator mix on landing??If so any recommendations as to a mix as a starting point.. I’m expecting mine any day now ..;)TIA

Comment

Working...
                                          X