Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat cam haters, don't even bother - you have been warned

Comment

• Going to give it another try with drop tanks, finished them up today, not perfect but they look okay for me anyway, I'm not picky, going to try the centerline tank first then on to the wing tanks, see what happens, then maybe all three at the same time.......
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
        drop tanks, finished them up today, they look okay for me.
        DC. Ya done real good. She's a beauty. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DC. Ya done real good. She's a beauty. Best, LB
          Thank you, but it's nothing like your work though, I enjoy watching your talent at work, that F-4 you built was outstanding and I still gaze upon it every now and then, what a beauty. Have to admit though, I bought the Blue Angel version first and then the grey one, the BA is cool don't get me wrong but nothing like weathering up a grey one and hanging all the ordinace on it, thinking about selling the BA one now that I have this one done, I said maybe.

Comment

• After destroying my first BA when it locked up, I was able to save the motor and ESC's and go with an ARF. Have bypassed the elevators, rudders, ailerons and flaps. Took that rats nest of a white wire bundle out. Did a better job routing some of the leads under the battery tray to get a cleaner battery compartment.

Couple things...

One of the flap servos was acting weak. While fiddling with it it gave up the ghost. Replaced it with one from the wreck. It works good and feels as strong as the other. (I might send the bum one to MRC for them to have a look)

The ldg gear runs through the blue box. The delays are annoying but not a deal killer. But isn't there logic to turn off the landing light and the nosegear stearing when the gear is up? The landing light DOES turn off, but I ran the rudder lead from the receiver to a splitter, then one to the dreaded blue box to be the feed for the nose gear, though it's not locking out like I thought it would.

I guess though I have lingering doubts about the servos. Like I said one of the flaps was weak and lagging, and I'm pretty sure I got a split flap once on the one I crashed on the flight before it augered in.

Are the replacement F22 servos worth it?

Comment

• IMO now what has come to light the BB is not the issue. I have a 2nd F-18 and plane to keep the BB. But I have and will replace the elevators with full metal ones.
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Twister006 View Post
                Just finished up my VFA-81 Hornet.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_183014.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	209692
                Just ****ing Awesome!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Going to give it another try with drop tanks, finished them up today, not perfect but they look okay for me anyway, I'm not picky, going to try the centerline tank first then on to the wing tanks, see what happens, then maybe all three at the same time.......
                  THAT is another good looking jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    IMO now what has come to light the BB is not the issue.
                    For my part, the jury is very much still out on that topic. We have seen too many cases of "everything locked up as soon as I retracted the gear" issues to write that off entirely. But even if there are design issues with the BB, it may still be only a borderline problem that would affect only a small percentage of customers, so really hard to tell. But we definitely also lack the basis for any sort of all clear.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                      IMO now what has come to light the BB is not the issue. I have a 2nd F-18 and plane to keep the BB. But I have and will replace the elevators with full metal ones.
                      I'll ask and ask again. Does anyone recall a new product thread with as many unexplained crashes due to an unresponsive airplane as this one? Not saying I follow other product introductions but it got my attention. The one video of the guy's maiden where it locked up and dove into the ground was similar to mine. Not far away. Not a weird aspect. Just stopped responding. That's what mine did. Plus the uncommanded hard over roll I saved it from.

Not saying all the BB's are bad. But I'm bypassing mine. Why not? It's not a hard setup and it actually cleaned up the battery compartment a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post

I'll ask and ask again. Does anyone recall a new product thread with as many unexplained crashes due to an unresponsive airplane as this one? Not saying I follow other product introductions but it got my attention. The one video of the guy's maiden where it locked up and dove into the ground was similar to mine. Not far away. Not a weird aspect. Just stopped responding. That's what mine did. Plus the uncommanded hard over roll I saved it from.

Not saying all the BB's are bad. But I'm bypassing mine. Why not? It's not a hard setup and it actually cleaned up the battery compartment a lot.
                        Mine did not lock up, but wanted to roll hard to the right. Bracket lifted when I pulled hard on elevator. I did checked it and seemed to be glued in enough.

my first one was bypassed as well.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

For my part, the jury is very much still out on that topic. We have seen too many cases of "everything locked up as soon as I retracted the gear" issues to write that off entirely. But even if there are design issues with the BB, it may still be only a borderline problem that would affect only a small percentage of customers, so really hard to tell. But we definitely also lack the basis for any sort of all clear.
                          If the elevator wire is gouged and shorts, it’s going to lock up the plane. Could it be coincidence plane was going up and gear just happen to be toggled? I’m not defending the BB just saying I think we are paying to much attention to it. I’m still undecided on if I’m going to bypass this one like I did my first or leave BB configured as it should.
                          Planes

Comment

• Anyone else having issues with the main gear hanging up during retraction? On my first one, after two flights the left main started hanging up because it was rubbing on the outer gear bay. I had to trim some foam out to get it to retract properly. On Saturday I maidened my replacement BA, and once again after two flights the left main is rubbing on the foam and hanging on retraction. On the third flight it would not go all the way up.
                            Pat

Comment

Thank you, but...
                              DC, there's no buts about it and me thinks you have underestimated your own skill set & definitely over-estimated mine. Lookin' forward to more of your pictures. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post

I have "heard" that the new Eflite Havoc (likely made by FMS) is falling out of the sky without explanation. Someone I know wants to get one but is very reluctant because of those reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I have "heard" that the new Eflite Havoc (likely made by FMS) is falling out of the sky without explanation. Someone I know wants to get one but is very reluctant because of those reports.
                                  Looks like there are issues with the wing servo connection plate based on the TSB HH issued. It's not allowing the servo plugs to connect securely. I've always been leery of wing connectors that rely on a solid plug-in connection. I prefer Freewing's ribbon cable solution.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Even one guy did the fix and still crashed. His video showed the servo leads still didn’t lock/snap in. Seems like quality control this year has been missed and over exaggerated claims to a point.

havoc
                                    F-18
                                    Funtura V2 (fan unbalanced, to where fms issed a notice).
                                    Planes

Comment

• I'm happy with my F-18 now that I put the full metal gear servos on the elevators. Not sure why they did all metal gear servos on the F-22, but then put all hybrids on the F-18. I would have been satisfied with a slightly higher price if it came with all metal gear servos.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Looks like there are issues with the wing servo connection plate based on the TSB HH issued. It's not allowing the servo plugs to connect securely. I've always been leery of wing connectors that rely on a solid plug-in connection. I prefer Freewing's ribbon cable solution.
                                        100% agreed.

Having a wing connection, whether it be electrical or air lines, that is rigid on both sides is totally asking for trouble. There will always be movement during load, and the plugs will suffer over time. Even if it works at first, it is a ticking bomb.

Always keep at least one side flexible
                                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Anyone else having issues with the main gear hanging up during retraction? On my first one, after two flights the left main started hanging up because it was rubbing on the outer gear bay. I had to trim some foam out to get it to retract properly. On Saturday I maidened my replacement BA, and once again after two flights the left main is rubbing on the foam and hanging on retraction. On the third flight it would not go all the way up.
                                          Check the landing gear to see if there is any play at the trunnion, like a slight rotation - this might cause a slight toe-in/out enough to start making the wheel contact the wheel well wall. If there is, you might need to take it out and reseat the post and grub screws. I'm starting to see something similar with mine, but in my case the wheels rotate and the allow the axle in far enough to get past it and permit travel to the fully-retracted position.

Comment

Working...
                                          X