X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post

The rudders have a reversed servo too, yes?
    Rudders don’t need a reverse servo, both are standard rotation on a Y.

Comment

• I was talking about the stock MCBe. But as I said I wasn't sure if it turned off steering. I'm still not sure it's supposed to. But in my F-18 (and F-22) I bypassed the MCBe and have each rudder and the steering going to the receiver directly, each to their own slot and everything is done via programming.

Sounds like you have a problem. Is each rudder and the steering going to separate slots on the MCBe?

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Are you talking about the stock blue box that the F-18 comes with? If so, it does turn off the steering when retracted, that is where I was having my problems and almost crashed mine on the maiden, everytime the gear retracted and the blue box cut off the steering, my rudders would go left about 5mm on their own, then when I dropped the gear and the box would turn on the steering, my rudders went back to normal, I bypassed the BB and 46 flights later all is good. So I think alot of these problems are related to this delay in the gear myself, wonder if the power being cut off to the steering servo is cutting off power else where, just wondering is all, and I did see where they might be doing away with the delay on the gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quax View Post

Thanks for confirming that.

I am curious on how this jet performs and cannot wait to get it in the air. I am thinking about scale features like rudder toe-in for pitch up when flaps extended or even toe-out as speed brakes (however, as far as I know only used on the Super Hornet).
        I'm not aware of any rudder flare on the Legacy, but rudder flare on the Super Hornet is only used when at a very high AoA and a large pitch down movement is commanded (I believe it's referred to as Turbo Nose Down). Both versions use toe-in for braking and pitch authority otherwise, so it would be most practical and realistic to only worry about toe-in programming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imladris18 View Post

I'm not aware of any rudder flare on the Legacy, but rudder flare on the Super Hornet is only used when at a very high AoA and a large pitch down movement is commanded (I believe it's referred to as Turbo Nose Down). Both versions use toe-in for braking and pitch authority otherwise, so it would be most practical and realistic to only worry about toe-in programming.
          Yep, that is according to my information - only on Super Hornets together with ailerons up: https://www.quora.com/Why-do-twin-ta...-for-stability

However, I was thinking about trying this on the F/A-18C model as well as it looks very fast and loosing speed could be an issue.

Comment

• Some great shots from Seafair weekend where the Blue Angels performed their annual airshow over Seattle...

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Don't know if you know this but the factory Freewing 17g Servos make 60oz/in *4.8 volts. While the Hitechs 85mg only make 40oz/in.

The 17G servo data on our website is WRONG on some of the various wire lengths. The 17G all metal gear servos make 35oz/in at 4.8V NOT 60oz/in. it makes 42oz/in at 6V but I would not use 6V so as not to upset the Blue Box. The Hitec HS-85MG's make 42oz/in at 4.8V and feel great in the elevators!

Click image for larger version  Name:	17G.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	209054

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post

The 17G servo data on our website is WRONG on some of the various wire lengths. The 17G all metal gear servos make 35oz/in at 4.8V NOT 60oz/in. it makes 42oz/in at 6V but I would not use 6V so as not to upset the Blue Box. The Hitec HS-85MG's make 42oz/in at 4.8V and feel great in the elevators!

Click image for larger version Name:	17G.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	209054

Guess the first servo I click on had wrong info then. Lol. I typically buy servos with longest wire as I can make them shorter if/when need be

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F43FCD9-6505-4C4F-934D-3C1C1AA309AC.png
Views:	954
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	209066
                Attached Files
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I was talking about the stock MCBe. But as I said I wasn't sure if it turned off steering. I'm still not sure it's supposed to. But in my F-18 (and F-22) I bypassed the MCBe and have each rudder and the steering going to the receiver directly, each to their own slot and everything is done via programming.

Sounds like you have a problem. Is each rudder and the steering going to separate slots on the MCBe?

Yes, the steering is supposed to stop working when retracted, same on the L-39, and yes the steering servo and rudders go into seperate slots on the MCB board, I only can have 7 channels with my radio so I can't seperate my rudders like you did straight to the rx but I bypassed the board with a Y harness and put the rudders and steering together, no problems since, so my issue seems kind of strange but I proved it was the MCB board, my board actually worked fine on everything else, only when my nose gear retracted and cut off power to the steering servo, then only the rudders would go to the left, so my box had some sort of glitch.

Comment

Just curious, but why did you not bypass the airlerons and flaps too? My flaps went split once... briefly... and have heard other flap stories.
                    Didn’t want to add another Y cable to the rats nest, plus the servos checked out with no jitters or glitches. At the first sign, then I’ll bypass them and retest to isolate if it’s the servos themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post

Rudders don’t need a reverse servo, both are standard rotation on a Y.
                      Oh yeah, because they're mounted on different sides of their respective rudders. Duh. ;)

Comment

• Comment

Oh yeah, because they're mounted on different sides of their respective rudders. Duh. ;)
                          Even if they were mounted on the same sides, it’s the orientation that counts - either both clockwise or both counter-clockwise, the rudders will deflect the same direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Even if they were mounted on the same sides, it’s the orientation that counts - either both clockwise or both counter-clockwise, the rudders will deflect the same direction.
                            Now you're making my head hurt. (but I see you're right)

Comment

• EU warehouse finally saying in stock of the base grey pnp but I haven't got my shipping notification yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                EU warehouse finally saying in stock of the base grey pnp but I haven't got my shipping notification yet...
                                Patience - you're in the queue ...

Comment

EU warehouse finally saying in stock of the base grey pnp but I haven't got my shipping notification yet...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Work-Images-Temp.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	209180

Comment

Patience - you're in the queue ...
                                    Patience,,, I've been waiting since f**king 14th of May! Lol

Comment

Patience,,, I've been waiting since f**king 14th of May! Lol
                                      You can wait just a little longer, or ask for a refund. If you have a third option, lay it on us …

Comment

You can wait just a little longer, or ask for a refund. If you have a third option, lay it on us …
                                        3rd option is keep pestering motion till they listen and send mine out lol. It's only because this is my 2nd of 2 weeks off work. I'm back to work next week. Would love for it to come this week

Comment

• It's a mistake on the webpage. They aren't being shipped till Monday 12th ☹

Comment

Working...
                                          X