• Okay I'll be the slow one for the day that says it:

What rail are you referring to?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Okay I'll be the slow one for the day that says it:

What rail are you referring to?
      Good morning Bro!!! Bob is talking about the canopy frame thickness where the opening (moving) section of the canopy meets the windscreen (fixed) portion of the canopy. Reference his side view of the BA 18 and then look at the Freewing frame... Not to scale... Hope this helps!!!! Jerry

Comment

• This...….

Comment

• Ah! Got it. Thanks buddy!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Once I get the elevators and electronics sorted out, then the canopy is next!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
              I’m calling the repaint “done.” Now, back out to the line it goes for more flight ops.
              It came out really good!! Super sweet looking bird!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Just took my Blue Angels elevator servos out to check for frayed wires and found the reverse servo has been cut, elevator mounts are good, sure glad I stopped flying it until I had time to check them, got 39 flights out of that frayed servo wire.........

My grey one is grounded until I can get to it and find out if I find another bad servo wire on it.
                All of my servos just landed on my door step. I am switching them all out just to be safe. Its just a little extra peace of mind! I will inspect and keep them as back ups but wanting true digital all metal gear servos...
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Mislabeled Air Force, but a lot of Hornet love in this video including a bunch of the tails people have done on the Freewing birds.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

All of my servos just landed on my door step. I am switching them all out just to be safe. Its just a little extra peace of mind! I will inspect and keep them as back ups but wanting true digital all metal gear servos...
                      Yeah, I dug through my stash of parts and found 2 brand new all metal geared servos, if I remember right, I got replacements for one of my jets but didn't use them, so I put them in my BA F-18 and ordered two more for my grey Hornet, found a bad one on it to, it was cut really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Howdy!!! What servos are you using? I have a few Hitec 5085 but I think they are out of production now... Please advise when you can!

Comment

• I think that the D85-MG has replaced the 5085. Same size, a little less torque and 4 metal/1 nylon versus 5 metal. I have a few 5085s NIB so might use those. Also considering the E-Max ES-3054 which have been 100% in my useage. Just bought some new 17gm Freewing and they have the silver output shaft so are they considered all metal and of the latest revisions ?

Comment

• Hey Radar-Guy, what ever became of the instrument panel and HUD parts you were working on?

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                              I think that the D85-MG has replaced the 5085. Same size, a little less torque and 4 metal/1 nylon versus 5 metal. I have a few 5085s NIB so might use those. Also considering the E-Max ES-3054 which have been 100% in my useage. Just bought some new 17gm Freewing and they have the silver output shaft so are they considered all metal and of the latest revisions ?
                              I just found some FW 17g all metal geared sevos with the silver shaft and I purchased some more to replace the gold shafted ones I had which are hybrid. so when I get a bad silver shaft servo I want to take them both apart and see the difference, someone may have already checked?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Hey Radar-Guy, what ever became of the instrument panel and HUD parts you were working on?
                                Hey Steve,
                                Here’s what I have for my F-18. The plan is to fly her first with the stock cockpit, Schuebeler AXI 51 HDS 1400kv on 10s 4500. Depending on the final battery location, I plan to design a complete cockpit with the floor as deep as possible. Files will be released when everything is ready.
                                My Hornet came with two faulty wing servos, replacements from MRC EU are on the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1A6D9C9-285F-4D40-A820-17FF1D565A4C.jpeg
Views:	873
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	207672

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Hey Steve,
                                  Here’s what I have for my F-18. The plan is to fly her first with the stock cockpit, Schuebeler AXI 51 HDS 1400kv on 10s 4500. Depending on the final battery location, I plan to design a complete cockpit with the floor as deep as possible. Files will be released when everything is ready.
                                  My Hornet came with two faulty wing servos, replacements from MRC EU are on the way.

Name:	B1A6D9C9-285F-4D40-A820-17FF1D565A4C.jpeg
Views:	873
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	207672

​​​​​​​
                                  Frank, you are amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Frank, you are amazing!
                                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Hurry up and get it done man! My entire build hinges on you..... Just kidding of course.

Comment

• WILCO! How about some LERX fences?

Name:	CDCC7E0C-1CCA-4CE7-A1BE-C769FF6F0C68.jpeg
Views:	1084
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	207677

Comment

• How about YES!

Comment

Working...
                                          X