X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Hey Goon,.. What Flavor is your 'Hornet' gonna be ??
    Blue Angel
    #6 after Andre Webb...
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Blue Angel
      #6 after Andre Webb...
      Outstanding !!! .... Here ya go !!.. Cheers !!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FA-18_Blue-Angels_2006-06_LEEUW_022_800.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	207854

Comment

• Camera operator is up side down..... Strange...……… LOL Love the BA pilots!

Comment

• Here is a "Hatcam" video of this morning's maiden flight. Stock wiring and BB setup, Emax servos on aileron and flaps, Schuebeler DS-51-AXI HDS Fan, YGE 120HVT ESC, HK YEP 20A BEC, 2x5s 4500 mAh Pichler Red Power batteries, German LED afterburner module, nozzle outlet diameter reduced to 52mm per side. Just awesome!

Comment

• Congrats on your successful maiden voyage! Looked great!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great Flight and Maiden! Thanks for posting the info. with the video. Sounds like you had some pretty good wind to contend with during the flight.

Comment

• Nice maiden Frank! Still working on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Nice maiden Frank! Still working on mine.

Is that arresting hook "hard connected" to the servo? Because if it makes contact with the ground, instead of merely skipping, it will exert a force back through the servo arm, potentially dislodging the servo.
                  I'd recommend a scheme that merely holds the hook up and lowers it, but allows it to push back up, with perhaps some spring action to have the hook to skim the deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Is that arresting hook "hard connected" to the servo? Because if it makes contact with the ground, instead of merely skipping, it will exert a force back through the servo arm, potentially dislodging the servo.
                    I'd recommend a scheme that merely holds the hook up and lowers it, but allows it to push back up, with perhaps some spring action to have the hook to skim the deck.
                    It is rigid. I am not looking to ever have the hook down when landing but merely have it deployed for dirty passes like I do withe my A-4. I can always revisit it later if I want to but I fly mostly off grass anyway.

Comment

• You mean, you're not going to stretch a string across the runway and try to catch it with the hook when you land?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                        You mean, you're not going to stretch a string across the runway and try to catch it with the hook when you land?
                        I think that would cause severe lower abdominal foam-ectamy, with ensuing bowel evisceration.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I think that would cause severe lower abdominal foam-ectamy, with ensuing bowel evisceration.
                          Now THAT would make for an interesting video

Comment

• 42 flights on the Blue Angels and 14 on the grey one, so far no issues or gremlins..

Comment

• Looking at liveries for my Hornet and couldn't help but notice there are some "Preppy Canadian Hornet Drivers"...Khakis, White Polo and Blue Blazer comes to mind. Best LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_CF-18_Demo_Hronet_Flypast_Gatineau.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	208025
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Successful flights with centerline tank (not mine)

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                  Successful flights with centerline tank (not mine)

Thank you Fred for posting this, so it will fly just fine with a drop tank, now I have my proof, so I'm going to give it another try but mount it more rigid of course and try to tuck it up a little more.....awesome.

Comment

• Looks good!

Yesterday's flight was strange. I think the lateral stability was off. When I put in the Admiral 5100 Carbon it ended up leaning toward the port side of the fuse. Also, the battery velcro strap is hopelessly too small to fit that battery properly. I lost a V2 F-18 from that very issue and I recall they increased the strap. Well, seems like it needs to be done again. But I digress...She was rolling to the left so I had to add right trim. Still trying to get her to the point of being what I consider "dialed". I am still fighting PTSD from the first model's Gremlin-caused maiden crash. I have about 5 or 6 flights on this new one and so far so good (stock, using the BB)...But I am still flying her like a Grandma, lol!

I have a camera on the canopy facing aft for every flight just in case a Gremlin decides to feast, and at least I would have video evidence if the worst case occurs. Thankfully so far so good. I just need to get out of my own head and realize she's just fine and ready to roll (literally)! Still toying with the CG. I am at recommended and I think she needs to be a skoach aft by 5mm or so but I have run out of room to shove the battery any further aft, due to the camera location. I will figure it out.

I just love looking at this jet. She's one beauty that's for sure!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                      Here is a "Hatcam" video of this morning's maiden flight. Stock wiring and BB setup, Emax servos on aileron and flaps, Schuebeler DS-51-AXI HDS Fan, YGE 120HVT ESC, HK YEP 20A BEC, 2x5s 4500 mAh Pichler Red Power batteries, German LED afterburner module, nozzle outlet diameter reduced to 52mm per side. Just awesome!

Great job. Awesome to see a landing at sensible speed for once lol
                                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Flew mine a couple of times with 2 tanks, no problems.

Comment

• Here are some livery ideas from some franklin mint die-cast models I have in a curio cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X