Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You‘re right. It‘s just a F/A18C Legacy Hornet. Perhaps I have to add weathering, too.

Comment

• So, Was thinking of putting an 10 Ch Admiral Receiver in the Blue. Now I'm think something with telemetry like the RX700T. That one will give me the numbers I'm looking for from her in flight.
      Also putting in a HobbyEagle A3Super 3 Gyro. Will this receiver handle all the channels the Blue needs with the gyro?

Comment

• Just did the maiden on mine, have about 10 flights on her......what a kick in the pants! Prefer grass to pavement as the gear is a little narrow and she can get finicky quick.

One of my best buddies flew the F/A-18C in the Navy so I may order the Grey one and do his livery scheme, his call sign was "Lyfa" and his last name is Riley ....aka "Lyfa" Riley!

Comment

• Another flyer at our club just got the Blue and if the weather holds up here on the Cape we hope to see it fly this weekend. Seeing his fly will help me make the many choices I have for my Blue ARF. Cant wait to see it. Will keep you posted on the maiden flight....

Comment

• Just waiting on a few more little detailed graphics from Callie which should arrive the first of next week but for the most part I have it complete. I am going to utilize the Freewing A-10 drop tank set to create the two center tanks I've seen used on this jet. (A plain grey one and the yellow/black one carried over from the 2016 Demo year). I carved out a channel in the fuselage and am using magnets to attach either a "faux" attachment connector to fill the channel (essentially the top piece sliced off of one of the A-10 pylons - as shown in this photo) or the bottom piece of the pylon also connected magnetically to one of the two center tanks. I will likely only use the tanks for display.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556.jpeg
Views:	617
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	289653

Name:	cf18demoyxu20165250042.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	289654

Comment

• Looks fantastic!

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
                Just waiting on a few more little detailed graphics from Callie which should arrive the first of next week but for the most part I have it complete. I am going to utilize the Freewing A-10 drop tank set to create the two center tanks I've seen used on this jet. (A plain grey one and the yellow/black one carried over from the 2016 Demo year). I carved out a channel in the fuselage and am using magnets to attach either a "faux" attachment connector to fill the channel (essentially the top piece sliced off of one of the A-10 pylons - as shown in this photo) or the bottom piece of the pylon also connected magnetically to one of the two center tanks. I will likely only use the tanks for display.

Name:	IMG_0556.jpeg
Views:	617
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	289653

Name:	cf18demoyxu20165250042.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	289654
                Outstanding, do me a favor and post another picture of the top section of the jet.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding, do me a favor and post another picture of the top section of the jet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Spectacular!!! Thanks for posting that picture.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Just waiting on a few more little detailed graphics from Callie...]
                      UC, Great looking Hornet. Nicely done, Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nicely done! Bravo Zulu!!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros Thanks for the challenge to take on this livery! It was a fun project. Thanks to Callie for having the patience to make this custom design. I'll have to now work on my piloting skills before get it in the air!

Name:	IMG_0628.jpeg
Views:	946
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	290718

Name:	IMG_0619.jpeg
Views:	926
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	290714

Name:	IMG_0616.jpeg
Views:	925
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	290710

Name:	IMG_0624.jpeg
Views:	927
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	290713

Name:	IMG_0605.jpeg
Views:	952
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	290711

Name:	IMG_0622.jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	290712

Name:	43692803145_2bb8f3cbcd_o.jpg
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	290716

Name:	43554109831_d3d0e09fca_o.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	290715
                          Attached Files

Comment

• A most gorgeous jet! You done yourself proud!
                            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Aros Thanks for the challenge to take on this livery! It was a fun project. Thanks to Callie for having the patience to make this custom design. I'll have to now work on my piloting skills before get it in the air.
                              UC, She's a beauty! Again, well done, Sir. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Outstanding job! You took the challenge and ran with it. Superb!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• uscanuck1xa just a superb job, right down to the additional side fuselage LED. Something that looks that good is just begging to get out and show itself off, so get it in the air soon, you'll do just fine! The 2 Canadian demo liveries are my favorite in this F-18 and now you got me thinking that I may want to add this one so I have a complete set! The only problem is that I'm not sure I could undertake another painstaking repaint, so if you would be so kind as to send me yours, I'd be forever grateful. Hey, I'd even drive up and pick it up to save you the freight. I could always stop off in Nashville on my way and spend a week or so at the bars catching some great music in the meantime (spent last Christmas there and it was one of the best times my wife an I had)!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Aros Thanks for the challenge to take on this livery! It was a fun project. Thanks to Callie for having the patience to make this custom design. I'll have to now work on my piloting skills before get it in the air!

Name:	IMG_0628.jpeg
Views:	946
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	290718

Name:	IMG_0619.jpeg
Views:	926
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	290714

Name:	IMG_0616.jpeg
Views:	925
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	290710

Name:	IMG_0624.jpeg
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	290713

Name:	IMG_0605.jpeg
Views:	952
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	290711

Name:	IMG_0622.jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	290712

Name:	43692803145_2bb8f3cbcd_o.jpg
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	290716

Name:	43554109831_d3d0e09fca_o.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	290715
                                    Well slap my ass and call me Sally!!! EXCELLENT WORK
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• That Hornet looks incredible!!! Awesome job!!
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• uscanuck1xa All you need now is the gooniac33 afterburner.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thanks guys for the compliments and to James for the shoutout on Motion RC's Friday show. I was surprised when the pilot of that actual demo jet got in touch with me to let me know he thought it looked amazing after he saw some photos I posted and he wants to see the video when it gets in the air! A little extra "shaky thumbs" syndrome when you know the pilot who performed all the fantastic moves with the real thing will be watching! I'll definitely have to put gooniac33 's afterburner in it!

Comment

Working...
                                          X