Name:	F-18 swiss elev mod.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	286761 elevator modification

cheers Antikfly

Comment

• Originally posted by antikfly View Post
      Hello Gents, Here a small video from overseas.....enjoy, cheers Antikfly
      AF, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great looking Hornet,. Cool video and what a beautiful landing. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Beautiful High Alpha greaser! Welcome!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hello Gents,

Here a small video from overseas.....enjoy,

Click image for larger version  Name:	F-18 swiss elev mod.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	286761 elevator modification

cheers Antikfly
          WOW, "Mikey Likes"! Welcome to the group. Looked liked a 20 foot lift off from a Carrier and a Perfect landing, very impressive. No doubt this "Isn't Your First Rodeo".
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Here a small video from overseas.....enjoy,
            Cool flight! ;)

Comment

• I decided to get my airbrush out and do a little shading on the F-18. My first attempt at shading. I think I over did it a bit.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                I decided to get my airbrush out and do a little shading on the F-18. My first attempt at shading. I think I over did it a bit.
                Looks very good!

Comment

• Super nice Work man!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Kinda missing the black cockpit, but good work otherwise! :)

Comment

I decided to get my airbrush out and do a little shading on the F-18. My first attempt at shading. I think I over did it a bit.
                      Not over done a bit, looks outstanding!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                        Kinda missing the black cockpit, but good work otherwise! :)
                        Yeah I may have to peel the canopy off and take care of that. If I do I will upgrade the pilot while I am at it.

Comment

• The thing I like about airbrushing acrylics is that if you think it's overdone, a little thinner on a paper towel will clean it right up. I did that a lot of times on my first attempt trying to keep the panel line shading and weathering subtle.

I've been playing with washes and shaders. I'm not an artist but have been able to get decent results.

Comment

• Guys, not a lot of luck with this model so I have plenty of spare parts. Wings, servos, retracts, tails, stabs, you name it. Would prefer to send out in bulk, not mail out in individual pieces. If someone could use a bunch of spare parts just hit me up. Blue Angel livery.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros that is a real bummer, what happened? It took me about 8 flights to find the sweet spot for the CG and it has been a real joy to fly.

Comment

Aros that is a real bummer, what happened? It took me about 8 flights to find the sweet spot for the CG and it has been a real joy to fly.
                                Unfortunately I have had some bad experiences with some of the servos. Not deflecting properly in flight even though they work fine on the ground. Gremlins. I've lost 3 out of 4. If I ever get another one I am going to replace the servos.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• 3/4 ???
                                  My goodness...

Comment

• You've had servo problems in three different F-18's? Have you had servo problems with other aircraft? Could it be something else?

Comment

• 75% failure is scary! I'll have to suppress that thought when I eventually get to doing the maiden once I have mine complete - I get jittery enough!!

Had a chance to get the red stripes on the fuse this Saturday - only one more painting session left to complete the blue on the fuse. Then the fun part of applying the final graphics and attending to some of the details.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0403.jpeg
Views:	462
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	287441Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0399.jpeg
Views:	449
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	287442Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	287443

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        You've had servo problems in three different F-18's? Have you had servo problems with other aircraft? Could it be something else?
                                        Correct. I even had aft-facing video on the crashes clearly showing a lack of deflection on one of the aileron servos. I've never had any trouble with other models like I've seen with this one which really bums me out because the BA F-18 is my favorite jet! Some have claimed issues with the blue box and I honestly can't say precisely, just that I fought the last two right after takeoff and each time there was a loss of control and fatal crash trying to land. In both videos you can see one aileron deflecting normally while the opposite is doing nothing. Maybe it was just bad luck, bad servos, I don't know. Just that I am bummed about it.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Unfortunately I have had some bad experiences with some of the servos. Not deflecting properly in flight even though they work fine on the ground. Gremlins. I've lost 3 out of 4. If I ever get another one I am going to replace the servos.
                                          Too bad you don't have an "in" with MRC. Oddly enough, we haven't heard anything in this thread regarding servo issues, other than at the beginning with the cut wires. Have yet to have a problem with mine, nor have the other 4 pilots I know who have them, so that is truly odd. 3 out of 4 is a statistical improbability, if not impossibility. Maybe they've upgraded you (or downgraded you) to the "expendable test pilot" and have "special" models with potential new electronics in them with your name on the box. I wouldn't give up on this, especially since it is one of your favorites, as it just flies and looks outstanding, assuming you get one that works properly.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X