Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow how cool is that!! No pressure or anything!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
      I was surprised when the pilot of that actual demo jet got in touch with me to let me know he thought it looked amazing after he saw some photos I posted and he wants to see the video when it gets in the air!
      Now that's amazing!

BTW, why does that Hornet feature a side light?
      Have not seen it before... maybe to make ground crew life easier?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
        Now that's amazing! BTW, why does that Hornet feature a side light?Have not seen it before... maybe to make ground crew life easier?
        AG, Some Canadian, Kuwait, Finland, and Switzerland Hornets were fitted with a high-power spotlight for night operations. The light is located inside the panel used to load the cannon gun (Door 6) as seen on uscanuck1xa's modification. And a great mod it is!. The light was originally used to aid in intercepting and identifying Russian aircraft during the "Cold War". Most CF-188s have the provision for the mod, but not all airframes were fitted with it. A 'blank off' panel/plate was fitted in that case. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Oh, gotcha!
          Now, that's interesting, haven't ever come to think about it... so basically shining a light to the plane on your left to see it (squadron markings and all) during night ops... clever!

Thanks!

Comment

• So, here's a look at my hands while flying the Hornet, giving some insight into how I approach maneuvers like the tailslide or cobra maneuver.
            Have fun!

PS: The second half of the video is in slow motion and is easier to 'analyze'. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I have the "old" 3748-1750 Kv outrunner in my F-18 and it still flies well and takes off of our grass runway in a short distance, so the fan from your F-15 may work OK. On the other hand, if spending a few more bucks on the F-18 is no big deal, I would still REALLY recommend the upgraded 9 blade 1900 Kv inrunner they now come with, or even much better, that same 12 blade 4068-1835 KV inrunner you put in the F-15, definitely my favorite 90mm Motion EDF. I would put that in every 90 mm I have if "money was not an issue". I have it in my F-16 and love it, it has the quintessential whoosh sound (no whining here) and has great initial thrust to get off grass. Elbee just put it in his new F-18 and we're awaiting his opinion on it.
              Went with your option of the 90mm 12Blade 4068-1835 In-runner from my F-15 for the new Blue. Also went with the Admiral RX700T with a Hobby Eagle A3 Super gyro. So the F-15 will get a FMS 8S EDF with a 150amp ESC 8S. Still have a 90mm 12 Blade Out-runner with a 130amp ESC laying around. F-16 Thunderbird seems to be next for the hanger....Thanks for the idea.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I have the "old" 3748-1750 Kv outrunner in my F-18 and it still flies well and takes off of our grass runway in a short distance, so the fan from your F-15 may work OK. On the other hand, if spending a few more bucks on the F-18 is no big deal, I would still REALLY recommend the upgraded 9 blade 1900 Kv inrunner they now come with, or even much better, that same 12 blade 4068-1835 KV inrunner you put in the F-15, definitely my favorite 90mm Motion EDF. I would put that in every 90 mm I have if "money was not an issue". I have it in my F-16 and love it, it has the quintessential whoosh sound (no whining here) and has great initial thrust to get off grass. Elbee just put it in his new F-18 and we're awaiting his opinion on it.
                Went with your option of the 90mm 12Blade 4068-1835 In-runner from my F-15 for the new Blue. Also went with the Admiral RX700T with a Hobby Eagle A3 Super gyro. So the F-15 will get a FMS 8S EDF with a 150amp ESC 8S. Still have a 90mm 12 Blade Out-runner with a 130amp ESC laying around. F-16 Thunderbird seems to be next for the hanger....Thanks for the idea.....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	291520Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss Rear 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	291521Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss Wings 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	291522
                  Well seems I was a good boy this year after all. Who knew! Well the new Freewing F-18 Blue Angel has officially joined the fleet. Just had to put a fresh coat of poly on her to make the blue pop.....Man did it ever.... what a difference... Will give it plenty of time to dry, soft sanding and another coat for finish her off. Then on to the fun stuff, 90mm EDF In-Runner 12Blade 130amp ESC, receiver, gyro, afterburner and New HiTec servo's for the elevator with upgrades, install, Battery tray floor and some more minor painting.........
                  Great winter project.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	291520Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss Rear 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	291521Click image for larger version

Name:	Gloss Wings 12-25-20.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	291522
                    Well seems I was a good boy this year after all. Who knew! Well the new Freewing F-18 Blue Angel has officially joined the fleet. Just had to put a fresh coat of poly on her to make the blue pop.....Man did it ever.... what a difference... Will give it plenty of time to dry, soft sanding and another coat for finish her off. Then on to the fun stuff, 90mm EDF In-Runner 12Blade 130amp ESC, receiver, gyro, afterburner and New HiTec servo's for the elevator with upgrades, install, Battery tray floor and some more minor painting.........
                    Great winter project.....
                    WOW, what a difference with the poly, looks almost like a monokote surface. Put that baby at the head of the fleet.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Looks 10X better with the gloss coat, I agree.

Comment

• Yep, that gloss looks BOSS. Really dig that effect. So hitting it with poly gloss, multiple coats?
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          Yep, that gloss looks BOSS. Really dig that effect. So hitting it with poly gloss, multiple coats?
                          Thanks guys....😉That was just a first coat. Used Minwax Polycrylic / water based with a foam brush. I plan on letting it dry really good then a soft sanding to get some minor imperfections out. Then another coat of the Minwax to finish. I was amazed on how the blue popped when the poly was applied.

Comment

• Hi, the gloss looks very fine. You no longer expect a foam plane :)
                            Here is mine. Today I started the first weathering effects.

Name:	A35A6564-23D0-46B8-BED7-B4ED9B374697.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	292507

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                              Today I started the first weathering effects.
                              PP, Great livery choice & amazing work on the digital camo repaint. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wow! Polyphren how did you do the digital camo? It looks really clean!

Comment

• That´s all you need...

Name:	CEE04FAF-297E-430B-A590-C553A0EF6621.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	292538

...and patience!
                                  All in all it took me 6 days

Comment

• Ha, ha. Did you paint up against the straight edge or make small templates? Your jet looks really good, the proportion and layout look spot on.

Comment

• First, I thought about using templates, but at the end it‘s no advantage. In contrary, you loose the feeling for the proportions. So I took a soft lead pencil with a relatively butt top to avoid hurting the planes surface.
                                      For filling the sketched shapes, I used the brush above and a second smaller one. Normally, you should at least apply to layers of paint, to get a ****geneous painting.

Comment

• Weird, the auto correction corrected me. I try another formulation „...uniform painting/ surface“

Comment

• So essentially freehanding to the lines? Steady hands!

Comment

Working...
                                          X