First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer VFA-113 Super Bee....
    Attached Files

Comment

• My buddy that crashed his first Hornet a has a new replacement... Flew it several times yesterday with no issues at all! It flew great! Another friend that got a replacement got a successful day in today... I will be getting mine set up this week if possible now that my F-22 is going strong...
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Thank you Fred for posting this, so it will fly just fine with a drop tank, now I have my proof, so I'm going to give it another try but mount it more rigid of course and try to tuck it up a little more.....awesome.
        I just made sure that the pylons and tank were very secure. I also carved some foam for the back of the pylon to fit the bottom curve of the fuselage.

I posted it on the MotionRC Fan page on Facebook. I will make a full post about it when the wing tanks and pylons are done and test flown. The pylons are almost done printing . All 3 tanks are done.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dont suppose anyone here has heard anything more as to when the Eurpoean market is due to start receiving the base grey pnp? Still waiting for my order that I placed 14th May. This has been the longest wait of any purchase I have ever made. Really hope it all comes through working properly and none of the issues some people have been experiencing.

Just out of interest though if I do find my elevator plate loose when I get it out of the box what glue have people been using to secure it? I was thinking medium C/A if I have to do it.

Comment

• Foamtac

Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
            Dont suppose anyone here has heard anything more as to when the Eurpoean market is due to start receiving the base grey pnp? Still waiting for my order that I placed 14th May. This has been the longest wait of any purchase I have ever made. Really hope it all comes through working properly and none of the issues some people have been experiencing.

Just out of interest though if I do find my elevator plate loose when I get it out of the box what glue have people been using to secure it? I was thinking medium C/A if I have to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
              I've found the glue that comes with the kits works well - even better than Foamtac in my opinion. I've been collecting and setting aside the tubes for future use. :)

Comment

• I agree that’s good glue.

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

I've found the glue that comes with the kits works well - even better than Foamtac in my opinion. I've been collecting and setting aside the tubes for future use. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

I have like 8 of them, and they get frequent use.
                  Pat

Comment

• Yep I used to throw those tubes away but after trying them out I definitely stock up.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Latest progress. Left vert is almost done.

Comment

• So I’ve successfully test flown the centerline tank with no issues. It’s a 3D printed tank, was spiral printed and very light weight for 3DP. I cut foam on the belly to put the pylon very tight to the fuselage so it couldn’t wiggle. The jet needed no trim with the tank on from stock, and if anything , the tank acted like a keel necessitating a little rudder during slow flight turns.

As you can see in my video, it fly’s fantastic.

I’ve printed the wing pylons and tanks and fitted them, but didn’t get a chance to test fly it today. I have to go fly airliners for a week and will post the test flight results when I’m back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

I just made sure that the pylons and tank were very secure. I also carved some foam for the back of the pylon to fit the bottom curve of the fuselage.

I posted it on the MotionRC Fan page on Facebook. I will make a full post about it when the wing tanks and pylons are done and test flown. The pylons are almost done printing . All 3 tanks are done.
                              Ok, good to see others giving it a try, I did have my pylon carved to match the bottom of the fuselage as well, thought it all looked good, I see you guys doing the same thing, so anyway I mounted my tank up closer to the belly, so the back of the tank touches the fuselage a little so it puts a little pressure on the tank as I slide it into place, it does seem a whole lot stronger, and I got rid of the little fin on the tank so it is smooth all the way back, going to try it again, so it's do or crash for me, I am going to win this battle of why my tank almost cost me my F-18.......

Comment

• Nice work Steve! You too JLamb!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  Nice maiden Frank! Still working on mine.

Hi RCjetdude: congrats on your successful tailhook installation. I have done this before on Freewing F-14 and A-4 models. I would like to do this also on my F-18C, but didn't figure out how to house the servo in the engine compartment all that well. Could you post any pics of the linkage you used inside showing the attachment setup of the servo arm and the plastic flange piece you attached to the tailhook? That would be great if you could, I think I could figure it out from there.
                                  Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                    So I’ve successfully test flown the centerline tank with no issues. It’s a 3D printed tank, was spiral printed and very light weight for 3DP. I cut foam on the belly to put the pylon very tight to the fuselage so it couldn’t wiggle. The jet needed no trim with the tank on from stock, and if anything , the tank acted like a keel necessitating a little rudder during slow flight turns.

As you can see in my video, it fly’s fantastic.

I’ve printed the wing pylons and tanks and fitted them, but didn’t get a chance to test fly it today. I have to go fly airliners for a week and will post the test flight results when I’m back.
                                    Hi: great looking centerline droptank and pylon! Is it possible to get the 3D printing files for those of us who would like to add this onto our airplanes? Also, the wing pylon 3D files would be great to have too, as I would like to have them look scale to this model. I did buy some F-16 parts from MRC for this purpose, but they don't measure up as well as I would like. If you provide a service for printing these (since I don't have a printer) if you could tell me what you would charge to print and mail them to me, or if you don't do that, just the files would be great!
                                    Thanks,
                                    davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi: great looking centerline droptank and pylon! Is it possible to get the 3D printing files for those of us who would like to add this onto our airplanes? Also, the wing pylon 3D files would be great to have too, as I would like to have them look scale to this model. I did buy some F-16 parts from MRC for this purpose, but they don't measure up as well as I would like. If you provide a service for printing these (since I don't have a printer) if you could tell me what you would charge to print and mail them to me, or if you don't do that, just the files would be great!
                                      Thanks,
                                      davegee
                                      The tanks are scaled up half prints of the Napalm canister file on Thingiverse. 215mm long per half. Don’t use the half that has the flange. Just double the other one and glue them together.

Print in spiral/vase mode one half at a time to keep them light.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                        Successful flights with centerline tank (not mine)

Might want to add a gyro, the way the stabs were reacting to the take off roll, pretty sure that wasn't human intervention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Might want to add a gyro, the way the stabs were reacting to the take off roll, pretty sure that wasn't human intervention.
                                          I don’t fly gyros. My jets fly great without them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X