X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salomon View Post
    Need help, My F18 is having some weird issue. See video. https://youtu.be/7BX9O4EbxEM

At min 2:10 all Ali/Rud/Ele twitch at the same time..
    What RX types did you try? Looks like you're using Spektrum? Which models?
    Pat

Comment

• Hmm latest update on the email is blue Angel's are 2 weeks delayed and grey ones are still in China but noticed the grey pnp are in stock on US site so might just cancel my order and reorder from there. Still dont understand why I'm getting so much mixed information.

Comment

• Wow just seen shipping costs from US. And I'll have to pay import duties and customs as well. Guess I'll just have to continue waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
          Wow just seen shipping costs from US. And I'll have to pay import duties and customs as well. Guess I'll just have to continue waiting.
          Did you purchase on the US-website or on the EU-site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post

Did you purchase on the US-website or on the EU-site?
            EU site as I'm in the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Soma888 View Post
              Is there a grey version coming out (not the base grey)? If so, any ideas when it will be in stock? My understanding is that the base grey was bought out just so people can have a basic grey jet but FW were/ are in the process of bringing out a painted grey version with decals.

thanks
              I haven't heard anything like that. Only thing I heard was there may be a decal set available at a later date.

Comment

• After a week spent with the ARF kit, here's my review: love that Motion/ Freewing thought out the weight reduction on a 90mm jet, awesome job. I happen to use the same power set up as I had in my 90mm F16 stock outrunner, and knew I would have good power, just didn't know about flight times, F16 always came down at 3 minutes, but I figured with less weight it will add flight time. My maiden was a bit shaky at first but I trimmed, was nose heavy (HK 5000mah 60c Heavy duty brick) and aielerons were very twichy, needed to dial down rates to 70% with 20% expo. Also elevator at 80% was sweet spot all in all landed her perfect had flaps about half way, perfect. Power was insane, I climbed well over 400 ft during a thrilling high speed pass, all the guys at the field couldn't believe the power.

Maiden flight lipo meter read 48% left with 3 min flight, 2nd flight with more high speed passes came down at 34% after 5 flights I figured with this set up I can do 3:30 hard flying and 4:00 mins with less throttle and gliding down wind. Which makes this jet a winner, I love the Blue Angels scheme came with extra decals to choose your own number, and 80mm fan conversion which was also a awesome surprise!

I will indeed try to fly with 80mm set up soon, but will enjoy the 90 for now. Coated her with polyurethane Minwax feels a lot more stronger, won't dent as easy. Awesome job Alpha and motion 👍🏼

Comment

• When I think I heard it all, a person complaining about staple for the very stab.:Confused:
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                    After a week spent with the ARF kit, here's my review: love that Motion/ Freewing thought out the weight reduction on a 90mm jet, awesome job. I happen to use the same power set up as I had in my 90mm F16 stock outrunner, and knew I would have good power, just didn't know about flight times, F16 always came down at 3 minutes, but I figured with less weight it will add flight time. My maiden was a bit shaky at first but I trimmed, was nose heavy (HK 5000mah 60c Heavy duty brick) and aielerons were very twichy, needed to dial down rates to 70% with 20% expo. Also elevator at 80% was sweet spot all in all landed her perfect had flaps about half way, perfect. Power was insane, I climbed well over 400 ft during a thrilling high speed pass, all the guys at the field couldn't believe the power.

Maiden flight lipo meter read 48% left with 3 min flight, 2nd flight with more high speed passes came down at 34% after 5 flights I figured with this set up I can do 3:30 hard flying and 4:00 mins with less throttle and gliding down wind. Which makes this jet a winner, I love the Blue Angels scheme came with extra decals to choose your own number, and 80mm fan conversion which was also a awesome surprise!

I will indeed try to fly with 80mm set up soon, but will enjoy the 90 for now. Coated her with polyurethane Minwax feels a lot more stronger, won't dent as easy. Awesome job Alpha and motion 👍🏼
                    Try nice! Congrats on maiden. Would you say you used book low rates then? For aileron and elevator?
                    Planes
                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                      When I think I heard it all, a person complaining about staple for the very stab.:Confused:
                      Nothing weird about complaining about that. Fragile servo leads being squashed flat using metal staples is certainly a concern, and nothing I would risk flying.

Keep in mind that ensuring your model is in a robust, sound state is not just a matter of preserving your own fun and investment. It is also a matter of safety for those around you.
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Nothing weird about complaining about that. Fragile servo leads being squashed flat using metal staples is certainly a concern, and nothing I would risk flying.

Keep in mind that ensuring your model is in a robust, sound state is not just a matter of preserving your own fun and investment. It is also a matter of safety for those around you.
                        Jan, have you seen what he it talking about?

Comment

Try nice! Congrats on maiden. Would you say you used book low rates then? For aileron and elevator?
                          TY, actually used my own formula with the rates, low rates on maiden is a must, this jet will twitch and dip on you with just slight movement on the sticks. 20% expo was also added. Half flaps is the way to go to slow her down on landing.

Comment

Comment

• Now got it all confirmed via email. Blue Angel's due to EU warehouse 10-14 days.
                              Base grey version end of July.

Comment

• The build with ARF kit was kind of tricky, as the manual provided was for PNP, so what that means is that you need to figure out the screws on your own. Which took some math work. Then a nightmare happened with the servo connector for left rudder was stuck in fuselage, spent 2 hours fishing it out and reconnecting all of the wires already plugged in. Careful when pulling any wires as they are Y connected and will get lost in fuse. Besides that fan and ESC went in perfectly. Had to brace the ESC down with a piece of balsa wood provided. A

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  The receiver they used is DSMX. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ersity-antenna

I also use DSMX an have no problems. What receiver are you using and what BEC voltage is running it?

The DSMX receiver they used was an Admiral rx, it's a Lemon rx, , not Spectrum.
                                  I was told by Motion not to use Spectrum 8 or 9 channel receivers.
                                  alpha saw my post and ignored it.
                                  Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by clearprop88 View Post

The DSMX receiver they used was an Admiral rx, it's a Lemon rx, , not Spectrum.
                                    I was told by Motion not to use Spectrum 8 or 9 channel receivers.
                                    Do you remember who told you this, like to ask the why.

While lemon builds admirals the software is completely different. If you didn’t know, sorry in advance if you did
                                    Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannythiessen2@gmail.com View Post

I use DSMX 8 channel receiver no problem at all
                                      Then why did the Motion cs rep tell me not to use it?

Comment

Do you remember who told you this, like to ask the why.

While lemon builds admirals the software is completely different. If you didn’t know, sorry in advance if you did
                                        I don't want to say his name .
                                        He's the cs manager at motion.

Yes, Admiral , and Lemon rx's are not Spectrum, that's why I brought it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi!
                                          I want to use a Spectrum ar8010 receiver in my F22 and F18.
                                          I was told by Motion cs not to use 8 or 9 channel Spectrum rx's.
                                          I need a go no go on this receiver.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X