Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s what the plan. Test bec, going to call motion to
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
      That’s what the plan. Test bec, going to call motion to
      I just commented about this on the facebook group... To me it isn't worth the risk. Even if they send you a new one its possibly going to cause issues. Just use Y connectors on the ones that you can. The plane is too cool to risk. Same thing happened with me and the Mig-21 back in 2017 when I got it as an arf plus. jitters and buzzes from day one with the box. It was a little work but it was totally worth it because the plane is still around while others have crashed for unknown reasons which I attribute to the box... I will not be using them on any critical control surfaces...EVER!!! Not a knock on motion.... just don't want to risk it... they are doing the best they can but I prefer to fly instead of pick up pieces....
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I just commented about this on the facebook group... To me it isn't worth the risk. Even if they send you a new one its possibly going to cause issues. Just use Y connectors on the ones that you can. The plane is too cool to risk. Same thing happened with me and the Mig-21 back in 2017 when I got it as an arf plus. jitters and buzzes from day one with the box. It was a little work but it was totally worth it because the plane is still around while others have crashed for unknown reasons which I attribute to the box... I will not be using them on any critical control surfaces...EVER!!! Not a knock on motion.... just don't want to risk it... they are doing the best they can but I prefer to fly instead of pick up pieces....
        Ray, I removed the BB and still have flutters, flickering, etc.

flap servo is acting up this is with everything but landing gear directly connected to the rx
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Hey Guy, do you happen to be using a stability receiver? I red back thru the thread a bit. Couldn't find it. Late for work, in a bit of a hurry.

W

Comment

More frustration. Bypassed blue box because of elevator twitching. Past post i said rudder, this was wrong. Bypassing solved it.

RX, is a lemon w/ sat. Sat was not hooked up but the radio was beside the plane. Plane function correctly for a week. A week ago from today, Friday, day before I was going to maiden it, it’s like everything went to hell in a hand basket. Nose retract went out the night before and I decided to order new elevator servo. One was only twitching but went a head and replaced both of them, to be safe

As I was working on the elevator, saw the right wing flap randomly move/twitch. Extension are good, hook a voltmeter up to read resistance. Servo is not hot. It’s completely random in how much the servo moves, when the servo moves.

When first put the plane together each servo was tested on a servo tester for 10 minutes using a old esc and 3s battery

elevator twitching an flap are two totally different, types. I would call elevator to be more of a fluttering

I’m about at my wits end. Was getting getting late and called it a night.

Rx has been swapped from two other brands, same thing.

Ever see Old Yeller, at the end? It’s getting to that point.

think I have extra 9 gram servo, I’ll swap out
            tg65
            i use only Admiral receivers w/satellite’s only now. I’ve had more issues with the other guy (SPEKTRUM) and got tired of spending $$$$ for $$ results. When now I spend $$ and get $$$$ results. I only wish Admiral would come out with a multi remote sat receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetman64 View Post

tg65
              i use only Admiral receivers w/satellite’s only now. I’ve had more issues with the other guy (SPEKTRUM) and got tired of spending $$$$ for $$ results. When now I spend $$ and get $$$$ results. I only wish Admiral would come out with a multi remote sat receiver.
              I agree 100%. That's all I use too. I've never even used a satellite. I'll probably try one out in my new F-18. Motion really got this one right, never had a single problem with these.

W

Comment

tg65
                I use lemon w/ sat exclusively now. Admirals (different firmware) are made by lemon. Sophocles in advance if you knew already
                Planes

Comment

• I've been experimenting along with a friend's help on redoing the controls on the F/A-18C Hornet to more resemble that on the real thing. Although we didn't try to get the "toe-in" on the two rudders when the flaps are down, we now have functional tailerons, full-span flaps for take off and landings (the ailerons droop down in line with the flaps but still act as ailerons, in concert with the tailerons. It looks cool and flies great. We have 6 flights on it so far, and today we tested the full-span flaps for takeoffs and landings. Wind was gusty and close to 20 mph down the runway this morning, but it flew like a champ. My friend doesn't post on Hobby squawk, but he did post on an EDF Jets group how he set everything up, for those interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                    As for rates, I completely agree. For some reason, freewing seems very very liberal with their recommendations - I find manual rates (even low) far too much for most models.
                    I agree 100%. Again, realizing we all have our preferences, I do think Freewing's low rate recommendations are too high in general. I had to crank my throws over 100% (I think it was around 107%) just to get to the low rate range. That is not normal. Sure enough, the maiden was way too twitchy in roll. Now around 70% or so it feels much more "normal" for low rates. It is surprising to me how others say the recommended rates work well for them. Either I somehow set the initial rates up wrong or some folks like a lot of throw even on a maiden.

Quite honestly I prefer eyeballing the throws. I have found after all these years I am a pretty good judge of what I think a throw range should be for a given model just by eyeballing. I will be doing that for my next one.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                      I've been experimenting along with a friend's help on redoing the controls on the F/A-18C Hornet to more resemble that on the real thing. Although we didn't try to get the "toe-in" on the two rudders when the flaps are down, we now have functional tailerons, full-span flaps for take off and landings (the ailerons droop down in line with the flaps but still act as ailerons, in concert with the tailerons. It looks cool and flies great. We have 6 flights on it so far, and today we tested the full-span flaps for takeoffs and landings. Wind was gusty and close to 20 mph down the runway this morning, but it flew like a champ. My friend doesn't post on Hobby squawk, but he did post on an EDF Jets group how he set everything up, for those interested.

Awesome !! Now all you need are a few little things like Functional LEFlaps and a Functional Airbrake to bring your Scale AeroModel a little bit get closer to that 'Real Thing' you are referring to. Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                        Awesome !! Now all you need are a few little things like Functional LEFlaps and a Functional Airbrake to bring your Scale AeroModel a little bit get closer to that 'Real Thing' you are referring to. Cheers !!
                        The only two amenities left I was hoping for with this beauty...Ah well, I understand it's a cost/weight thing.

I smell shipment confirmations coming for some of you! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          Quite honestly I prefer eyeballing the throws. I have found after all these years I am a pretty good judge of what I think a throw range should be for a given model just by eyeballing. I will be doing that for my next one.
                          I’m not there, yet lol!
                          Planes

Comment

The only two amenities left I was hoping for with this beauty...Ah well, I understand it's a cost/weight thing.

I smell shipment confirmations coming for some of you! :Cool:

I'm Good here !! Already started 'Carving' on mine !! Hahahahaha... Cheers !!

Comment

I’m not there, yet lol!
                              Yeah definitely NOT something I would recommend for someone newer to the hobby! :Scared:
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

More frustration. Bypassed blue box because of elevator twitching. Past post i said rudder, this was wrong. Bypassing solved it.

RX, is a lemon w/ sat. Sat was not hooked up but the radio was beside the plane. Plane function correctly for a week. A week ago from today, Friday, day before I was going to maiden it, it’s like everything went to hell in a hand basket. Nose retract went out the night before and I decided to order new elevator servo. One was only twitching but went a head and replaced both of them, to be safe

As I was working on the elevator, saw the right wing flap randomly move/twitch. Extension are good, hook a voltmeter up to read resistance. Servo is not hot. It’s completely random in how much the servo moves, when the servo moves.

When first put the plane together each servo was tested on a servo tester for 10 minutes using a old esc and 3s battery

elevator twitching an flap are two totally different, types. I would call elevator to be more of a fluttering

I’m about at my wits end. Was getting getting late and called it a night.

Rx has been swapped from two other brands, same thing.

Ever see Old Yeller, at the end? It’s getting to that point.

think I have extra 9 gram servo, I’ll swap out
                                Hang in there bud, I know how you feel about this one, already been through it, mine was a headache at first, think I got it now, the BB was my main issue then the flap issue which I never really figured out, didn't change rx or anything, now it's flying good, maybe yours will be good once you figure it all out, only thing running through the BB is my gear and lights.
                                Attached Files

Comment

tg65
                                  I have been 100% lemon for years now... Never an issue!! Love them!
                                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

I agree 100%. Again, realizing we all have our preferences, I do think Freewing's low rate recommendations are too high in general. I had to crank my throws over 100% (I think it was around 107%) just to get to the low rate range. That is not normal. Sure enough, the maiden was way too twitchy in roll. Now around 70% or so it feels much more "normal" for low rates. It is surprising to me how others say the recommended rates work well for them. Either I somehow set the initial rates up wrong or some folks like a lot of throw even on a maiden.

I'm like you, I just eyeball my throws, I know what works for me right from the start, before my maidens, it's always move the linkages in a hole or two on the servo horn, stand back and eye ball the rest, got this one all good except the flaps, put more than I needed, now after 20 flights I have taken out some flap and she flies good.

Comment

• Yeah my full flaps setting LOOKS sweet, but it's waaaay too much for this model so I am going to make my full flaps my current takeoff flap setting and then lower the current takeoff flap setting and that part should be dialed. I've decided to bypass the BB as well just to be on the safe side and just use it for gear and LEDs.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I had an issue with the Gyro Stabilizer(Blue color) from Motion RC causing to twitch the Ele/Rud/Ali randomly. All the surfaces would do this at the same time, sometimes it would happen within 2 min after applying power, sometimes it would take a little longer, very random... I removed the gyro and the issue went way. Sending it back to MRC for replacement. I tried it with 3 different RX manufacturers and had the same results.

Comment

• For now, I will be maiden my F18 without a Gyro Sat.. Using the KIS method(no gyro)..:)

Here is a vid on the issue.

you can see the problem at in 2:10

Comment

Working...
                                          X