X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clearprop88 View Post
    I want to use a Spectrum ar8010 receiver in my F22 and F18.
    I was told by Motion cs not to use 8 or 9 channel Spectrum rx's.
    I need a go no go on this receiver.
    Thanks
    If you hook it up and something doesn't act right will you have your answer? I think the problems with other Rx's is immediately apparent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know mate,

I pretty much agree with ya here. I made a significant attempt to up my game about 6 months ago. Haven't lost a plane to a malfunction since. I like you check everything, again and again. I have never expected the planes as I received them to be perfect, as non are no matter who makes them. I don't idolize MRC, FW, or Fl, like many do here. They are a good company that's trying to make a living, just like everyone else. Don't ever expect anything special from them, as with any other good airplane company. They are one of many I deal with, all good companies, I'm not partial to any to be honest. I'll leave it at that.

I'm probably going to pick up a grey ARF plus this week. Truthfully I've been on the fence between this one and the FMS. I like the FMS because it's a Super F-18, with a tandem cockpit. This one is an old school, but it's a little bigger, (I'm wondering just how hard it would to have added a Super F-18 conversion to the MRC plane, with a tandem cockpit). I'm going to go with bigger this time, so MRC will get the order this time.

I will be removing some things, adding others, firming it up so to speak. One thing I'd like to add, after I get it flying is one of your A/B kits. I've watched a lot of your vids mate, I'm a fan of sorts. So I'll probably try one of those out.

I purchased a Freewing F-16 as a birthday present for my best friend about a year ago. He was excited to get it, put it together. Power output was all over the place. First time he tried to take it off it barely lifted of at the end of the runway, flew really fast. My old Byron's was way more forgiving and it was nitro. Second time it took off in 40 feet, LOL. Last 2 times he couldn't get it up, ran it off the end of the runway twice. So something is up with this power thing, I keep reading about it, over and over.

So Goon, what would you recommend for a nice consistent drive train for this thing. Didn't really want to spend the money for a Schubler .

Best Regards
      W
      The Burners look awesome in this thing!! I gotta wait for my own though... may get a grey one but really wanted the Blue Angel... I have the FMS Super Hornet and love it! I have always wanted a good sized legacy hornet though! So while I love the 70mm the 90mm is the one I have really wanted!

As for this new Hornet I am kinda torn as to what fan to use. I have 3 set ups ready to go right now but they are kinda on the heavy side. I am thinking of using the 9 blade rotor with a good inrunner but have had really good like with 12-13 blade rotors thus far. If they can move my heavy 90mm F-15 with authority then they should do really well in this thing!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks
        That sounds weird :Silly:.
        In this day and time, you should be able to use any receiver (maybe I'm confused).

However; for me I use the 7 channel with telemetry admiral because of the great price and works great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
          After a week spent with the ARF kit, here's my review: love that Motion/ Freewing thought out the weight reduction on a 90mm jet, awesome job. I happen to use the same power set up as I had in my 90mm F16 stock outrunner, and knew I would have good power, just didn't know about flight times, F16 always came down at 3 minutes, but I figured with less weight it will add flight time. My maiden was a bit shaky at first but I trimmed, was nose heavy (HK 5000mah 60c Heavy duty brick) and aielerons were very twichy, needed to dial down rates to 70% with 20% expo. Also elevator at 80% was sweet spot all in all landed her perfect had flaps about half way, perfect. Power was insane, I climbed well over 400 ft during a thrilling high speed pass, all the guys at the field couldn't believe the power.

Maiden flight lipo meter read 48% left with 3 min flight, 2nd flight with more high speed passes came down at 34% after 5 flights I figured with this set up I can do 3:30 hard flying and 4:00 mins with less throttle and gliding down wind. Which makes this jet a winner, I love the Blue Angels scheme came with extra decals to choose your own number, and 80mm fan conversion which was also a awesome surprise!

I will indeed try to fly with 80mm set up soon, but will enjoy the 90 for now. Coated her with polyurethane Minwax feels a lot more stronger, won't dent as easy. Awesome job Alpha and motion
          Good report! Glad you are enjoying her! I too had to dial down the ailerons quite a bit...Very touchy using the manufacturer settings...I think I am currently around 70% with 35% expo. I still need to bring my elevator down a bit. Mine lacks the power some of you are experiencing so I am still looking into that. With proper CG and throws, it flies beautifully. I also agree takeoff/half flaps are perfect for landings. Looking forward to getting this one dialed in and then transferring all the settings to my new one when it arrives.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Then why did the Motion cs rep tell me not to use it?
            I dont know I Use spectrum DX8 Gen2 transmitter and 8 channel spectrum AR8010T telemetry receiver and all works perfectly

Comment

Thanks
              I use ar8010 in my f18 BA and all works great plus I have 2 more freewing models on spectrum never had an issue

Comment

• I just talked to Motion RC
                look at the picture

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Good report! Glad you are enjoying her! I too had to dial down the ailerons quite a bit...Very touchy using the manufacturer settings...I think I am currently around 70% with 35% expo. I still need to bring my elevator down a bit. Mine lacks the power some of you are experiencing so I am still looking into that. With proper CG and throws, it flies beautifully. I also agree takeoff/half flaps are perfect for landings. Looking forward to getting this one dialed in and then transferring all the settings to my new one when it arrives.
                  Sweet, I'm sure you will find the right power set up soon, the stock F16 90mm 12 blade 1550 KV, 130amp ESC makes her a rocket, I will get a video soon up of a high speed pass into climb. Super happy with this jet so far. Elevator agreed needs to be dialed down with expo also, but that's just my subjective opinion. Hope this helps anyone reading that hasn't flown it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Jan, have you seen what he it talking about?
                    Yes. .
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                      Now got it all confirmed via email. Blue Angel's due to EU warehouse 10-14 days.
                      Base grey version end of July.

Base gray is end of June, not July.

Comment

• Is there a grey version coming out (not the base grey)? If so, any ideas when it will be in stock?

I am not sure I even understand this question. The base gray version IS the gray version. :Thinking:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Video of my second flight. Had an "oops" moment at the end. I haven't flown this field for 2 years but I've always had a problem lining up with the center of the runway. Too bad I didn't video the maiden. That flight was picture perfect with a great landing. I don't like doing a video on the maiden with my hat cam. It's too distracting trying to keep my head pointed a certain way. Anyway, the flight was quite good except for the landing. Really tough landing gear. Only thing broken was the front tip of one of the missile rails. All stock with nothing bypassed from the control box, using 5000mah, 6s, Gens Ace, still a bit nose heavy with battery pushed back with the strap right at the front end of the battery. Needed more UP trim, and trim for roll. The elevator set up as per the manual was not enough. All in all, this version flies much better than my V1 OZ F/A-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Base gray is end of June, not July.
                            Not in Europe it's not. I know it still says that on their website but it apparently isn't accurate despite it stating on there that any changes to this date will be updated. I have the email from Motion RC Europe to prove it. I'm gutted but there's nothing I can do. I did think about ordering from the US website where it is now in stock but the shipping costs are insane. Plus then I would also need to pay import duties and customs on top of that.

Comment

• I think that angle and perspective would be challenging to get the center line right...Glad the damage was minimal. Otherwise, nice job!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

Not in Europe it's not. I know it still says that on their website but it apparently isn't accurate despite it stating on there that any changes to this date will be updated. I have the email from Motion RC Europe to prove it. I'm gutted but there's nothing I can do. I did think about ordering from the US website where it is now in stock but the shipping costs are insane. Plus then I would also need to pay import duties and customs on top of that.
                                Argh. .

Oh well, time to put another 200 flights on the F-22 I guess :D

Comment

• Well I tried a different mix to get the wobble out of mine when doing axial aileron/ taileron rolls. I had rudder mixed in and wasn't real happy. Looking at it the elevators seem to have a lot of up compared to the center line and the tail was dropping in the roll so I added a down elevator mix to the tailerons. It worked! 8% was the sweet spot.

The bad is that also today I was flying in very turbulent wind and I bounced a landing. When I did it rolled over and dia perfect three point landing on the canopy and vertical stabs. One stab broke in half so I glued it together and flew five more flights.

I also had two small cracks in the corners of the fuselage where the back of the canopy is. A 3" slit and shoved a 3" long piece of 1/4" wide carbon in with some glue... Fixed.

So a good and bad day today. And parts will be here Friday. A bud used the #3 on his so I'll get his extra 4's for the new verts.

Comment

• Earlier today I also checked my stab bearing blocks and they were glued in okay. As HHNF noted the bearings move in the bearing holder so I pulled it all apart and lightly put some glue between the bearings and blocks. Also some glue on the screws holding the bearing blocks together. I'm feeling that while my F-22 needs zero maintenance that this may need a little more. Just a feeling at this point.

Comment

• Evan if you're not fixin' you're not flyin' I always say! LOL

Glad it wasn't any worse for ya. This is one beautiful jet...Just can't wait to get mine all dialed in...

Here's some nice shots of the BA's from my neck of the woods...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	803
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	202880

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	776
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	202881
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• 17 flights now on mine and I can't get it dialed in the way I like, still have some strange issues when I drop the flaps, seems to get unstable at that moment, checked all the hinges, linkages, horns and all that, other than that is flies good, take offs are straight as an arrow, I really like that and the climb out is great with the 1835kv unit, flares nicely and I think this is the only jet that I am able to wheelie so they must have got the landing gear in the perfect spot, can't say I love flying it but I can say, I love looking at it, wow what a beauty, just hoping I can get it dialed in the way I want. Waiting on my servo tester to get here so I can test all my servos to see if I have a problem with one, anyone else weigh theirs? mine is a little over 6 lbs , no battery.

Comment

• 14 flights on mine... Mine is 2.75kg w/o battery but it does have a JF/ HET and I removed a lot of wire cleaning things up and I did a light clear coat.

I agree with your flying description. Very smooth climb out and grooves fast. Medium speed shows a wobble in flight and approach to land. I just pulled my horizontal stabs bearing blocks and glued the bearings in since there was some up and down play. I'm hoping it helps. It's the only thing I see that needs help that could cause it. there is no pitch play in the stabs.

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                          17 flights now on mine and I can't get it dialed in the way I like, still have some strange issues when I drop the flaps, seems to get unstable at that moment, checked all the hinges, linkages, horns and all that, other than that is flies good, take offs are straight as an arrow, I really like that and the climb out is great with the 1835kv unit, flares nicely and I think this is the only jet that I am able to wheelie so they must have got the landing gear in the perfect spot, can't say I love flying it but I can say, I love looking at it, wow what a beauty, just hoping I can get it dialed in the way I want. Waiting on my servo tester to get here so I can't test all my servos to see if I have a problem with one, anyone else weigh theirs? mine is a little over 6 lbs , no battery.

Comment

Working...
                                          X