Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howabout some WingTip Missile Rails ? These FW Rails will not be used here.

Comment

• OK, will upload the file for those tomorrow. What do you guys think about a separate thread for F-18 3DP stuff?

Comment

• Nah, it's perfectly valid here my friend. 3DP us up!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Nah, it's perfectly valid here my friend. 3DP us up!
          Where.... What????

Comment

• I was responding to his thoughts of needing a new thread for the 3DPUP stuff alone and I was saying he didn't have to (unless he wants to). That info and file sharing would be celebrated in this thread for sure!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Dedicated 3DP Threads are preferred. They are cleaner, have relevant information more easily accessible and are typically shorter no nonsense affairs. These Parent Threads are typically fraught with distraction and hunting about for 3DP Stuff within them can be frustrating. If I'm looking for an 'Ice Cream' bar, I go straight to the Frozen Food Case. 'I'mJustSayin'

Comment

• No sweat off my ailerons...Whatever you guys want to do works for me!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  No sweat off my ailerons...Whatever you guys want to do works for me!
                  Poll It !! ... or Post two Views on it in here and count the 'Likes' !! Guyz will let you know. Cheers !!

Comment

• Talk about customer service, I opened a ticket this morning with MRC about my two servos that had sliced wires on both of my F-18, got home from work with and email notice, they already shipped them out, I hate opening a ticket about something, I usually just eat it and order parts myself, I don't know why that is but this time I decided to see if I could get some replacements, very impressed with the customer service dpt.

Thanks MRC.

Comment

• I know it's something we are very hyper aware of and the agreement with Freewing regarding the known potential issues makes it a no-brainer for us to take care of any and all of our customer family that has purchased this model and discovered these related issues. Rest assured, you will be taken care of just like I was even as an employee.
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                        WILCO! How about some LERX fences?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CDCC7E0C-1CCA-4CE7-A1BE-C769FF6F0C68.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	207677
                        If you want honest feedback, the LERX vortex generator looks too "thick" - is it a limitation of the 3D printer?

You could achieve a more scale look implementing as a thinner "skirt" applied at the bottom of the stock piece, and sanding tapers at the front and back ends of the fence.

And while you are at it, perhaps some vertical tail brackets that were also added for the metal fatigue problems the vortex generators addressed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Talk about customer service, I opened a ticket this morning with MRC about my two servos that had sliced wires on both of my F-18, got home from work with and email notice, they already shipped them out, I hate opening a ticket about something, I usually just eat it and order parts myself, I don't know why that is but this time I decided to see if I could get some replacements, very impressed with the customer service dpt.

Thanks MRC.
                          Good for you. Your experience has been better than mine.

Comment

• I've used this for scale modelling reference, as well as for interesting technical details about the various Legacy Hornet versions:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/274269935...-18-Hornet-pdf

Comment

• These are books I'm using for scale modeling reference:

fredmdbud is correct, the above shown LEX fences are an early work for my LX F-18. There will be a revised 3DP design. Tapers on front or back are hard to print on a part with 1,15mm thickness.

As already mentioned, those tail brackets were fitted on early models only. I'll put them on the list, but with low priority. I'll give you the brackets for the later models.

I decided to open a separate thread for 3DP files. I think, it will be much easier to find things there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Howdy!!! What servos are you using? I have a few Hitec 5085 but I think they are out of production now... Please advise when you can!
                                I went with what has worked really well for me. Not super expensive but very reliable. I got Tower Pro 9g MG90S for the wings and JX 17.5g 1171MG for the elevator. I will be using a spare channel to run the reversed side or get a reverser.
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                  These are books I'm using for scale modeling reference:

fredmdbud is correct, the above shown LEX fences are an early work for my LX F-18. There will be a revised 3DP design. Tapers on front or back are hard to print on a part with 1,15mm thickness.

As already mentioned, those tail brackets were fitted on early models only. I'll put them on the list, but with low priority. I'll give you the brackets for the later models.

I decided to open a separate thread for 3DP files. I think, it will be much easier to find things there.
                                  LX made a Legacy Hornet? I thought it was a Super Hornet. The airframe redesign made the vortex fences unnecessary, so they were deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

LX made a Legacy Hornet? I thought it was a Super Horne. The airframe redesign made the vortex fences unnecessary, so they were deleted.
                                    Ah sorry, I meant the Starmax/JePe F-18.

Comment

• ... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190404_112014.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	207804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190301_140120_1.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	207805

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I went with what has worked really well for me. Not super expensive but very reliable. I got Tower Pro 9g MG90S for the wings and JX 17.5g 1171MG for the elevator. I will be using a spare channel to run the reversed side or get a reverser.
                                        Thanks!!! I have about 6 of the Tower Pros in my servo box. Never used them, but that is good to know. Thanks for the data!!! Have a great weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Hey Goon,.. What Flavor is your 'Hornet' gonna be ??

Comment

Working...
                                          X