X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Exaaaaaaaaaactly !!! That is the central issue. I'll get it solved and post about it for those open minded individuals here who might wanna try it for themselves. Cheers
    When you do think you might be able to test it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Doesn't James count?
      I don't think he had a centerline tank mounted after all, I think it was some kind of pod,/ordinance, that's what it look like on his video.

Comment

Considering the issue being discussed here is specific to the Centerline Tanks.... Not Really !!
        But the fact is that he did mount a centerline tank, among other things. And DCORSAIR's experience, thought not as disastrous, was similarly unstable. So perhaps not specific, but definitely more relevant - especially when the tank stays with the plane! :)

Comment

Exaaaaaaaaaactly !!! That is the central issue. I'll get it solved and post about it for those open minded individuals here who might wanna try it for themselves. Cheers
          Hey Bobaroo, I willing to try it again and learn from you on this , so if you don't mind and don't take this the wrong way please, post a good pic of what your talking about on how you mount your tanks, put it into simple terms for us simple minded people, looking at the pictures you posted I can't make heads or tails out of what your trying to show? A nice clear side shot of one of your jets with a drop tank mounted would be nice.

Comment

• Yeah, James did not have a tank mounted there in the video. It was a Lightening Targeting Pod. He had wing tanks as well.

Comment

But the fact is that he did mount a centerline tank, among other things. And DCORSAIR's experience, thought not as disastrous, was similarly unstable. So perhaps not specific, but definitely more relevant - especially when the tank stays with the plane! :)
              You got me thinking about it again and laughing, maybe once in my 36 yrs of flying R/C I had a flopping fish flight in my beginner days with a plane that the CG was off, but this was not a CG problem that's for sure, it just didn't want to fly straight or the wings to be level, I think when Bobaroo gets his done and flown I will know what I did wrong.

Comment

• I just re-watched James's crash video up at NEFI and interestingly enough one person commented that Gooniac had an issue with his FMS 70mm F-18 when he added a CL tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	James crash comment.JPG
Views:	1080
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	207239

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  I just re-watched James's crash video up at NEFI and interestingly enough one person commented that Gooniac had an issue with his FMS 70mm F-18 when he added a CL tank.

Name:	James crash comment.JPG
Views:	1080
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	207239
                  I have the FMS 70mm and have no issues with the CL tank. The only thing I have to do is adjust elevator trim slightly compared to flying without. I did buy additional tanks so could add them to the wing stations and then it gets a little unpredictable but nothing too dramatic. The stock CL tank does have a very short pylon and is very secure when attached. It is just the typical weapons attachment type of mount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imladris18 View Post

I actually had a really similar experience as you when I put the centerline tank on my FMS Super Hornet. All of the wing ordnance is fine, but as soon as I put that center on, it gets really wonky. I simply just don't fly with it.
                    Funny, I had exactly the opposite experience with my FMS Super Hornet. Flew like CRAP with full ordinance but the center tank didn't seem to effect it one bit.

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This is all good information I think. Yes, it remains to be seen what the trend will be with the 90mm but there are mixed views on its smaller brother. I have not seen discussion like this around the F-4 or others. Clearly a solid mount and proper alignment are important but some airframes could also be more sensitive, yet manageable, than others to what hangs under them and where.

Comment

Yeah, James did not have a tank mounted there in the video. It was a Lightening Targeting Pod. He had wing tanks as well.

Indeed !! RePost,... from the video of his Tragic Flight

Name:	_20190722_141924.JPG
Views:	918
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	207268

Comment

When you do think you might be able to test it out?
                          I'm actually moving this one to the top of the Queue. I'm guessing it will be about a month or so of work on this one if my current schedule allows for it. LEFlaps and full GearDoors (covering the FlexJet Gear) are a must on this one before I would fly it. SpeedBrake going in as well !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Hey Bobaroo, I willing to try it again and learn from you on this , so if you don't mind and don't take this the wrong way please, post a good pic of what your talking about on how you mount your tanks, put it into simple terms for us simple minded people, looking at the pictures you posted I can't make heads or tails out of what your trying to show? A nice clear side shot of one of your jets with a drop tank mounted would be nice.
                            Ubetcha !!! If it survives the flight, I'll post a thorough build sheet on it. Dedicated to you DC and the pioneering work you've done in here with the nearly 3 pages of discussion 'You've' singlehandedly manage to generate with your Reckless Disregard for Common Sense and Decency by flying with a BellyTank on your Hornet !!! Hahahahaha I'll call it the DC Mod !! Cheers

Comment

Ubetcha !!! If it survives the flight, I'll post a thorough build sheet on it. Dedicated to you DC and the pioneering work you've done in here with the nearly 3 pages of discussion 'You've' singlehandedly manage to generate with your Reckless Disregard for Common Sense and Decency by flying with a BellyTank on your Hornet !!! Hahahahaha I'll call it the DC Mod !! Cheers
                              Common sense? oh come on give me a break. I'm sure yours will survive just fine, after all you are an expert on this stuff and sounds like your an expert pilot as well, get that video on the maiden flight and I wanted it all loaded up and don't edit anything out either, I want to see your pilot in this position when you take her up like mine almost was, thank goodness I know how to use those rudders or I would have needed a trash bag for mine..........

Comment

• Hahahahaha .... Yea !!.... Maybe FW should get with LX and bring back the 'Ejection Pilot' ... I've got a few of them over here. Maybe I'll stick one in there for that Maiden Flight with the 'DC Mod' in the 'Hornet' !!

Name:	IMG_20190722_200926.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	207277

Comment

Hahahahaha .... Yea !!.... Maybe FW should get with LX and bring back the 'Ejection Pilot' ... I've got a few of them over here. Maybe I'll stick one in there for that Maiden Flight with the 'DC Mod' in the 'Hornet' !!

Name:	IMG_20190722_200926.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	207277
                                  My pilot did have to change his Fruit of the Looms afterwards.

Now get working on your F-18 and don't take a month either, I can't wait that long before I try it again.....!!

Comment

• Meanwhile in my dungeon, a spark of electrical energy and... It's ALIVE, it's alive!

Comment

Meanwhile in my dungeon, a spark of electrical energy and... It's ALIVE, it's alive!

I assume that your hand is also holding the inverter circuit/module. Is it 12V? How much current does it draw? And what is its operating temperature? Does the inverter power only one strip of that size, or can it handle multiple strips?

Comment

I assume that your hand is also holding the inverter circuit/module. Is it 12V? How much current does it draw? And what is its operating temperature? Does the inverter power only one strip of that size, or can it handle multiple strips?
                                        Power is just a single cell LiPo. For the LED's I am using, the 5V from the BEC is too much so for now I am just using 3.7 volts. Temp is negligible. All the slime lights could be run off of a single cell battery or I could try to source a 3V regulator. I plan to connect them all through a switch off the Rx. The stick has 8 1206 SMD pre-wired LED's in it.

Comment

• Oh, so it’s a strip of LEDs. I thought it was electroluminescent strip (had the volume turned off because of the neighbors lol).

Comment

Working...
                                          X