X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
    Now to spend hours scrolling back through to find the elevator position setting as remember people making comments about the 7mm the instructions mention and where exactly to measure that 7mm from. Really need to sticky certain parts of this thread so they're easy to find. I've been on here since day one and page one so I know it is here just dont know where lol. Need to find where people were mentioning their preferred c of g as opposed to the manuals massively nose heavy position
    Its okay, ask all the questions you want, it doesn't bother some of us if the questions been asked 50 times but others get all bent out of shape for some reason, use the CG in the book and front leading edge of the elevator 7mm down from the fuselage seam, real easy, so you wind up with a little up elevator like this pic. Works great for a maiden flight, then you can play with the CG to your flying style, some like nose heavy like me, others neutral, some a little tail heavy, and the arguement will go on and on.
    Attached Files

Comment

• So here's an interesting tidbit. I went to put the nose steering on a separate channel tonight, and found that the rudders and nose steering were not hooked into the MCB-E, they were on a pair of Y's instead.
      Pat

Comment

• Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Out of the box Pat? Or did you do it and forget or buy it second hand? Could it even have been a return??

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Out of the box Pat? Or did you do it and forget or buy it second hand? Could it even have been a return??
            Out of the box. This was the one they sent me as a warranty replacement for the first one that crashed. The second Y had the rudder label on it, so I know it came from Freewing like that.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              So here's an interesting tidbit. I went to put the nose steering on a separate channel tonight, and found that the rudders and nose steering were not hooked into the MCB-E, they were on a pair of Y's instead.
              Strange, I did it too, and I unplugged the nose steering from the MCBE.

Comment

• That’s interesting Pat. Almost an admission that there’s a problem.

Comment

• Okay, sorry for the bad pics but the sun was not in the right spot at the time, got a flight in before work this morning, didn't fly with the centerline tank yet but did fly it with everthing else in the pic, flew great, small trim change and it actaully landed better, wasn't so floaty with full flaps, just right actually and it looks awesome in the air when you turn and show the belly, not scale ordinace but close enough for me.

Just in case someone wants to know this info, I used the attachment points from the FW 90mm F-16, if you look in the spare parts you find that they sell them seperate, the drop tanks and centerline tank are from the FW Intruder, and the pylons and sidewinders missles are from the FW 90mm F-16 and the other missles are from the FW F-15. My CG remained the same, I did move the battery forward just in case but I ended up in the same spot as without ordinace or drop tanks, so that was a good thing, she flew great loaded up, I know I won't be flying it clean anymore, looks just awesome in the air.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Looks sweet! Man I love the look of a fully loaded F-18!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                      Okay, sorry for the bad pics but the sun was not in the right spot at the time, got a flight in before work this morning, didn't fly with the centerline tank yet but did fly it with everthing else in the pic, flew great, small trim change and it actaully landed better, wasn't so floaty with full flaps, just right actually and it looks awesome in the air when you turn and show the belly, not scale ordinace but close enough for me.

Just in case someone wants to know this info, I used the attachment points from the FW 90mm F-16, if you look in the spare parts you find that they sell them seperate, the drop tanks and centerline tank are from the FW Intruder, and the pylons and sidewinders missles are from the FW 90mm F-16 and the other missles are from the FW F-15.
                      Is this what you used to hang the F16 stuff under the wing of the F18? I too got the F16 ordinance but have only been able to fit the wing tip sindwinders

Comment

• Yes
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Awesome thanks. Any modification needed or just slot and glue in?

Comment

Is this what you used to hang the F16 stuff under the wing of the F18? I too got the F16 ordinance but have only been able to fit the wing tip sindwinders

https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...hment-hardware
                            Yes, those are the right ones, get more than one pkg because you will find more uses for them on other projects.

Comment

• Quick question. C of G. Gear up or gear down when balancing it?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Carlbrainiac;n210625]Awesome thanks. Any modification needed or just slot and glue in?[/QUOTE

Just make sure you use a sharp xacto knife for the job but be careful you don't go through the top of the wing. I do drill small holes in the tab that goes into the wing, this helps give the glue something to grab onto or you could rough up the tab with sandpaper, you get the idea.

Comment

• 47 trouble free flights on mine now. Also got 6 more flights on the Mig today.

Comment

• So this evening I checked the connections on everything again. Now my retracts all work just fine. So that's good news. But glad I ordered the better servos but I one is still dead and the other one is very juddery through its motion. Not nice at all. Doesnt even feel nice when you power it down and move it by hand.
                                    Such a shame. Would've loved to have flown her tomorrow but with dodgy elevator servos and missing two 80mm push rods I'm grounded ☹

Comment

• Also what are these blue bits for...

And have many people glued the 2.5mm carbon rod into the slot of the nose gear strut to give it some reinforcement? I read somewhere that someone had done it. Thought it might be a good idea though I am aware adding strength in one location usually just means the weakness gets moved further back...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Also what are these blue bits for...
                                        Those go on the 80mm fan mount if you decided to go 80mm instead of 90mm fans.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Those go on the 80mm fan mount if you decided to go 80mm instead of 90mm fans.
                                          Oh ok thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X