Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
    I don't really care. Whatever.
    Then by all means feel free to stop answering my posts.

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
    And as shown in the videos, at least one pilot mounted the turbine at the exhausts, not further in the fuselage, minimizing heat risk.
    Again, heat is not the concern and never was. And I made that perfectly clear in my first post on the subject so no idea why you keep going on that. And yes, I know you don't care. Whatever.

As for rear mounted turbines, in most models that is not the best idea. It's simple, but has some major drawbacks, such as balance (translating into higher AUW), more noise, and lower performance.
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetguy View Post
      Mine crasht yesterday, the left flap din't got back up after take off
      That sucks 😕

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
        Then by all means feel free to stop answering my posts
        And you don’t have to read my responses either. Problem solved.

Comment

• OK guys.... That is enough. You can take that to another forum, but it stops here.... We are way above that kind of bickering. Thank you both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            OK guys.... That is enough. You can take that to another forum, but it stops here.... We are way above that kind of bickering. Thank you both.
            Agreed, thank you. Guys the point of Hobby Squawk is to be a place that's civil, friendly and respectful. We don't want, nor will we allow, Hobby Squawk to dissolve into a free-for-all like "that other forum". I appreciate all of your help in keeping it that way.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Agreed. I have to see it here and on RCG. Enough is enough.
              Pat

Comment

• To quote from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail,"

"This 'ere's a 'appy day! Let's not bicker and argue about 'oo killed 'oo!"

Comment

• Don't know about you guys but

Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• So maybe I should post some hatcam videos

Comment

• Comment

• Comparing the pic to my decal it appears I need to get it enlarged by 15%. Once I get the new dragon figures back I can start the mod and painting of the tail. I'm looking at following RCJETDUDE in adding the same mods.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                          So maybe I should post some hatcam videos
                          I think you should. They are usually quite educational

Comment

• Been thinking a lot about my maiden. Wonder if part of the reason the canopy ejected was because I painted the black around there and it was a very hot day. Maybe some kind of expansion happened. But then surely that should've only made it a tighter fit. Unless the EPO shrinks under heat...

And in terms of the power and me feeling like I wanted more. Again could have come down to the heat of the day. It was 33 degrees C. But also I may have used a battery with a too low C rating for what the plane needs to put out. The battery i was using was a 40c. As I say I use that in my Avanti with no issues. And in fact another guy in my club uses just a 25c in his Avanti and it's fine. If anything better than mine because its carrying less weight.
                            But I'm betting the power system in this F18 is quite a hungry beast and I guess 40c just doesnt quite cut it. I did get myself some Admiral 6000's but they are such a bulk I'm just nervous about landing speed at our small field. But those are 60c. I also have some cheap Turnigy heavy duty 5000's which are supposedly 75c but they aren't much lighter than the admiral 6000's.
                            Guess I'll just have to experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                              Unless the EPO shrinks under heat...
                              It definitely expands.

Comment

• I understand you were on your maiden but for me after a rough landing in crosswinds I noticed some flexing in my fuselage. Turned out the carbon flat bars that are inside the battery tray are not glued in with a ton of glue and with them loose on the rear end a slight twist (by hand) on the nose of the fuselage could cause the canopy to pop loose. Maybe check they are completely glued in? Also on my F-22 my canopy latch needed to be forced into the canopy to fully close/engage, it would hold the canopy in on the bench but inspecting the latch showed it wasn't fully engaged or pressed in.

I tried a 30c 5000 battery in the F-18 in stock form (because I wanted one more flight before leaving the field and I had the battery for another plane) was NOT a good experience and I landed immediately because the plane did not do well once the wheels came up, stupid move on my part could have easily crashed due to lack of power. I normally fly with 45c 5200 with no problems.

Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
                                Been thinking a lot about my maiden. Wonder if part of the reason the canopy ejected was because I painted the black around there and it was a very hot day. Maybe some kind of expansion happened. But then surely that should've only made it a tighter fit. Unless the EPO shrinks under heat...

And in terms of the power and me feeling like I wanted more. Again could have come down to the heat of the day. It was 33 degrees C. But also I may have used a battery with a too low C rating for what the plane needs to put out. The battery i was using was a 40c. As I say I use that in my Avanti with no issues. And in fact another guy in my club uses just a 25c in his Avanti and it's fine. If anything better than mine because its carrying less weight.
                                But I'm betting the power system in this F18 is quite a hungry beast and I guess 40c just doesnt quite cut it. I did get myself some Admiral 6000's but they are such a bulk I'm just nervous about landing speed at our small field. But those are 60c. I also have some cheap Turnigy heavy duty 5000's which are supposedly 75c but they aren't much lighter than the admiral 6000's.
                                Guess I'll just have to experiment.

Comment

• Lighting is finally done...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190828_230321.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	211843

Comment

• JLambCWU this is running stock 9 blade fan with 6s batteries??? Very impressive performance especially that vertical on take off .. in fact way way better than some of the other 6s reviews out there.

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                    Turn and BURN session with the Freewing F-18 Hornet VOLUME UP!

This is a spectacular model with lots of speed and vertical on the stock 9 blade system. The team at Motion and Freewing got it right with this 90mm offering in such an iconic design and paint in the Blue Angels livery.

We like to fly in the gorgeous evening skies here in Utah, and it really shows off the gorgeous twin light burner from The Lightburner, fantastic product, get yours on their FB page. Despite what some say, the twin light setup (as you can see) doesn’t slow the jet down at all!

Big thanks to camera girl for the great job filming!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      Lighting is finally done...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190828_230321.jpg Views:	57 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	211843
                                      RCJD, The 'Slime' is 'Sublime'. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That's fantastic Steve! Care to offer up a reminder where you can get those strips? My buddy wants to add some to his. Thanks!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                          That's fantastic Steve! Care to offer up a reminder where you can get those strips? My buddy wants to add some to his. Thanks!
                                          I essentially made the strips using micro LED's and 3/16" square Styrene tube. What I may do it just create a thread specifically for them. I took quite a few pictures along the way. They are not the easiest things to make and the wingtip/missile rail lights were the biggest challenge. They light up on both sides top and bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                          X