Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good eye !

Comment

• Yes, there is quite a bit of variation, even among aircraft the Blue Angels have flown over the past 30+ years. In addition to the areas referenced above, we also found differences in the side panels along the forward fuselage, between the nose and the wing root glove. Exhaust ports, bumps of various sizes and shapes, etc. We went with what most of our references showed, understanding that most of our general customer base wouldn't notice if a bump was misplaced. But in general, I am happy to see that someone noticed the blisters under the intakes. Ours are accurately shaped, and are even of differing shape and length, just like the "real thing".
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, you are certainly a better person than I am. Motion is lucky to have ya man.

Best Regards
        Woody

Comment

• Missed the "Live" podcast thinking the time was CDT, not EDT. DOH! So my question, was there a consensus decision whether the FA-18 is going to be offered in grey as well as Angel's Blue? Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            Missed the "Live" podcast thinking the time was CDT, not EDT. DOH! So my question, was there a consensus decision whether the FA-18 is going to be offered in grey as well as Angel's Blue? Best, LB
            The only thing they said was that the poll was still live here on the squawk.

Comment

• Thanks, JC. Best of luck in the Bracket Finals. :Cool: LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Missed the "Live" podcast thinking the time was CDT, not EDT. DOH! So my question, was there a consensus decision whether the FA-18 is going to be offered in grey as well as Angel's Blue? Best, LB
                LB, they did point out that there are already slots on the wing tips for sidewinders, and indentations on the wing's lower surface for ordinance racks etc. I'd say the grey jet is part of the long term plan. Just a question of when.
                Looks like yet another winner.:)

Comment

• Hi Elbee- The poll continues and if they base their decision off of the current and imminent results I would say it's very likely we will launch both liveries together. That's not official, just my two pennies.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks, JC. Best of luck in the Bracket Finals. :Cool: LB
                    Thanks! Looks like we're tied up there together! :Smug:

Comment

• Callie is going to be very busy again... The poor lady works like crazy around release time to give a lot of choices or a custom scheme if you are willing to wait. I really miss my Yellow Aircraft F-18 with a hot .91cc nitro powered ducted fan. I do not miss cleaning up the goop from the tail section after every flight.(glow fuel and lots of oil mixed with dust) or the $9 glow plug every 2nd flight.

Comment

• James, excellent job on the pod cast!!!

Comment

• I missed the Pod cast... Did James announce when the possible preorders are going to happen? I guess we might be able to pick from base Gray or Blue Angel versions :)

Rich

Comment

• No..... Just said that the dates and prices are coming in a few weeks.
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Yea... agreed.. I like that Motion is trying new things and the early release news and intake of customer preferences is really cool !
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Im thinking a couple of coats of Future clear will have Blues shining bright!

Comment

• Very nice display from 2015 with the A+ Model

Comment

• This will be my Callie graphics. Power will be a JetFan 90mm EDF with a HET 2250kv motor running on an Admiral Carbon 6S battery. This develops 7.5 lbs of thrust in Denver. I hope Motion will offer the gray version in the first shipment!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post
                                      This will be my Callie graphics. Power will be a JetFan 90mm EDF with a HET 2250kv motor running on an Admiral Carbon 6S battery. This develops 7.5 lbs of thrust in Denver. I hope Motion will offer the gray version in the first shipment!
                                      The JetFan has how many blades? How does that compare to the stock motor/fan? I think the plane will weigh in (with battery) at about 9 lbs.

Comment

• 2250 on 6S? that'll be like 130-140A in the plane! That'll move!

Originally posted by TPS View Post
                                        This will be my Callie graphics. Power will be a JetFan 90mm EDF with a HET 2250kv motor running on an Admiral Carbon 6S battery. This develops 7.5 lbs of thrust in Denver. I hope Motion will offer the gray version in the first shipment!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          The JetFan has how many blades? How does that compare to the stock motor/fan? I think the plane will weigh in (with battery) at about 9 lbs.
                                          The JetFan has 9 blades. The stock FW, 90mm, F-4 puts out 6 lbs in Denver. The plane with an Admiral 6S Carbon, 70C battery weighs 8.1 lbs. In Denver there is about a 25-30% thrust lose compared to sea level specs. I use a Castle Creations 160A Lite. At full power this setup pulls 137 amps. This setup is pricey but well worth it if your interested in reliability and performance. This setup has equaled/or has out performed the FW, 90mm, 8S system. I'm standardized on 6S batteries that's why I took this route.

Comment

Working...
                                          X