Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wolpertinger Enjoy it! The wife is right, she hath spoken: This is the way.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

For sure not getting the eflite version... its ugly!! I will get the FMS version with the new upgraded fans.... That is IF I even get the plane....
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

It's expensive to.For $599.99 I'd wait for a while. Wonder is FMS will compete that price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
          It's expensive to.For $599.99 I'd wait for a while. Wonder is FMS will compete that price tag.
          FMS has released their own scheme but only for Chinese domestic market. probably some non-compete clause with eflite.

599 is BNF with a battery though. $519 is PNP. Though i don't know how long they plan to keep those prices as i see price reduction originally from $550 on the website

Comment

The New SU 30 E Flite 70mm twin is built in the same factory all the Free Wing jets are built, can't wait to get mine. pre ordered one and didn't make the first batch release next batch coming in a few days

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
              The New SU 30 E Flite 70mm twin is built in the same factory all the Free Wing jets are built, can't wait to get mine. pre ordered one and didn't make the first batch release next batch coming in a few days
              Would love to here Alpha’s response to this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Would love to here Alpha’s response to this statement.
                Wild Man xviper FMS and Freewing are completely different factories and have zero collaboration with each other, whatsoever. Freewing has never produced a model for FMS, nor would we. Also, just to be clear, I work out of my office at Freewing's factory here in China a couple days every week and have done so for years, so... if anyone knows the truth about whom makes what, I do.

I hope everyone enjoys your Sukhois! I have always been drawn to Sukhois and MiGs.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  I hope everyone enjoys your Sukhois! I have always been drawn to Sukhois and MiGs.
                  In that case, Santa, I would love a Mig-29/35, and updated SU-35.

Comment

Well I guess that shows you can't believe every thing you hear. Now I know the rest of the story. From what I see some manufacturer's were missing out on the EDF market and now getting in for a bite of the action IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

FMS has released their own scheme but only for Chinese domestic market. probably some non-compete clause with eflite.

599 is BNF with a battery though. $519 is PNP. Though i don't know how long they plan to keep those prices as i see price reduction originally from $550 on the website
                      I already have it lined up. After the first of the year when shipping gets back to normal I will be getting it. I was going to get the FMS version of the 80mm F-4 but the price drop on the Eflite made the descision for me. I will share the pix when I get it... gotta get busy cleaning out planes now though!!
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Wild Man xviper FMS and Freewing are completely different factories and have zero collaboration with each other, whatsoever. Freewing has never produced a model for FMS, nor would we. Also, just to be clear, I work out of my office at Freewing's factory here in China a couple days every week and have done so for years, so... if anyone knows the truth about whom makes what, I do.

I knew as much but I wasn't going to be the one to burst his bubble. People "hear" stuff all the time and this particular "declaration" is NOT new and has been posted before but in the past, when someone tries to set the person straight, it has almost always resulted in an online fight. I figured if Alpha says it, there can be no argument. When it comes to stuff like this, it's wonderful that this forum has its own BS detector (in addition to Freewing-Model scam detector).

Comment

I was also going to get one but the price is a bit over the top for me at this time, even with the "price reduction" (which you just brought to light for me now). I flying buddy here should be taking delivery of his from the LHS maybe next week or the week after that.
                          (It kinda makes me wonder why Horizon would lower the price so soon. The plane has only just started to be sent out. They usually raise the prices to rake in the revenue just before Xmas.)

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

In that case, Santa, I would love a Mig-29/35, and updated SU-35.
                            You just struck a nerve. I still have my Freewing SU-35. If There comes an updated one from Freewing, I'd have to take it upon myself to fly my current one with wild abandon (planned destruction).

Comment

No one burst any bubble so whats the hipe? One reason I usually stay off sites like this. A lot are ready to pounce on some one that has been miss informed about things. OH and by the way I do plan in enjoying my E - FLITE SU 30 you all have a Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                You just struck a nerve. I still have my Freewing SU-35. If There comes an updated one from Freewing, I'd have to take it upon myself to fly my current one with wild abandon (planned destruction).
                                Now that's funny!

Comment

They do that with every single plane on their site. They have a higher price marked through with a lower price next to it. The higher one was never the price and the "discount" never goes away. That is just the regular price with some makeup on it!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

They do that with every single plane on their site. They have a higher price marked through with a lower price next to it. The higher one was never the price and the "discount" never goes away. That is just the regular price with some makeup on it!
                                    typical sales tactic... No stanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

So true. That seems to be the normal practice.

Comment

Well, I jumped in and got one and it arrived today. Although I cannot have it until after Santa comes and goes per the boss. Did get a sneak peak though.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191206_191525.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	221709

Comment

After watching some assembly and unboxing videos of the E-flite Su-30, here are some quick thoughts on what I like and dislike about the airplane. I don't own one, so the following doesn't hold much merrit, if any, until I do .

Pros:
                                          - Appears to be an all machine screw assembly design that mate into threaded inserts for the control surfaces. It does away with self tapping screws.
                                          - Main gear doors appear to sit flush and almost fully conceal the main struts (except for a very small portion, which is obvious to see why).
                                          - Fitment appears nice with minimal gaps and the paint job has some clean lines, but has some small but typical overspray here and there.
                                          - The nose cone pitot tube is a metal threaded screw-on design, and the nose cone appears to attach securely to the fuselage. The nose cone is also plastic tipped.
                                          - The landing gear from a visual standpoint look great, and you can tell the manufacturer focused a bit more for a scale look, which I commend.
                                          - The horizontal stabilizer mounting system looks to be of decent design with threading in the rods for the screws to attach, and flat sections within the collars instead of fully rounded.
                                          - The pilot figure looks fantastic for a mass produced figurine. It is much better than the previous FMS/E-Flite pilot figures.
                                          - The rivet detail on the aircraft looks nice.
                                          - The plastic tailcones are nice.
                                          - The aux. air inlets are facing toward the midline of the fuselage, so they aren't as noticeable when the plane is on the ground.
                                          - The power system includes inrunner motors, and appears to have Hobbywing ESC's.
                                          - The lighting package looks good, especially the triple nose gear lights.
                                          - The ordnance set comes with the jet, and that's always nice to see.
                                          - The ventral fins attach via sliding lock system, which is a huge help when transporting the aircraft to/from the flying field.
                                          - The airbrake looks incredible and appears to fit flush.

Cons:
                                          - I'm not liking the solid mounted servo lead of the Vertical Stabilizers or Wings, and I'd be curious if intermittent connection could occur under lateral force.
                                          - The unpainted nose section looks cheap in comparison to the rest of the paint job, and it really should be painted for that price. They even painted the gray camo spot on those nose section, but white foam all around it.
                                          - The vertical stabilizer servos stand out like a sore thumb, but that is easy to paint over.
                                          - There aren't plastic lined servo pockets and covers on the vertical stabilizers. There mostly likely wasn't enough meat of foam to do so.
                                          - The screws are Hex type, but I prefer Philip's.
                                          - The decals appear to be of mediocre quality as you can see the clear outline on the decals, and some lifting in areas.
                                          - There doesn't appear to be too much battery compartment space, likely enough for the common batteries many of us are used to for this size model in PNP form, but possibly not for more extreme modifications.
                                          - I dislike the paint scheme E-flite chose. The FMS version, currently only sold in China supposedly, looks significantly better in my opinion. The FMS version will supposedly have higher KV motors as well, but not sure if the capacity of the ESC's will change.
                                          - The performance in the marketing video didn't impress me much. However, if I were to purchase this plane, I'd be expecting it to be a "looker" and to fly it for the great visual presence it has, not for it to be speed demon of sorts. Maybe it will be, but I haven't see it in person, so I can't say what it actually performs like.

Comment

Working...
                                          X