Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FMS/Eflite Su-30 coming soon

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

What makes this one better? Looks identical except for the paint scheme...
    The "understanding" is that it has slightly more powerful EDF units and the servos are a better quality. I can't confirm any of it, only to go by what I've heard some guys say - those who have analyzed the specs more closely.

Comment

• It supposedly has a tad higher motor KV (1900kv for the FMS vs 1850kv for the Eflite), but still inrunner and 12 blade fans and the same 80A ESC's), different paint scheme, and rumored to have potentially different servos ( but even the listing above shows the same servo weight, so who knows, ha-ha). The motor KV difference won't make a massive difference in performance at this weight. So, to me, this is simply a paint scheme change, which I must say is better in my opinion. At least the nose section isn't white unpainted foam.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        It supposedly has a tad higher motor KV (1900kv for the FMS vs 1850kv for the Eflite), but still inrunner and 12 blade fans and the same 80A ESC's), different paint scheme, and rumored to have potentially different servos ( but even the listing above shows the same servo weight, so who knows, ha-ha). The motor KV difference won't make a massive difference in performance at this weight. So, to me, this is simply a paint scheme change, which I must say is better in my opinion. At least the nose section isn't white unpainted foam.
        Agree, the unpainted foam is annoying with eflite. Their new Mustang has it too. They have invasion stripes on it made out of unpainted foam.

Comment

• The unpainted foam trend is annoying for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            It supposedly has a tad higher motor KV (1900kv for the FMS vs 1850kv for the Eflite), but still inrunner and 12 blade fans and the same 80A ESC's), different paint scheme, and rumored to have potentially different servos ( but even the listing above shows the same servo weight, so who knows, ha-ha). The motor KV difference won't make a massive difference in performance at this weight. So, to me, this is simply a paint scheme change, which I must say is better in my opinion. At least the nose section isn't white unpainted foam.
            Not just higher Kv, but also a bigger motor.

Eflite used the older 70mm EDF that has been out a while now. FMS used the newest PRO EDF: http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-70mm-pla...v1900-motor-6s

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Not just higher Kv, but also a bigger motor.

Eflite used the older 70mm EDF that has been out a while now. FMS used the newest PRO EDF: http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-70mm-pla...v1900-motor-6s
              Good catch Jameson, and thanks for remembering that. It is a larger can diameter by 2mm, but the same length can. Now I remember seeing that in the specs. released early on. We will see how it translates to thrust for a given current and RPM range when owners have this aircraft in their hands. I personally think E-Flite should have released this exact aircraft, not what they chose, but that's okay. I'm sure the person who chose it within the company is happy with their choice. Many people say otherwise.

Comment

• FMS Stuff always has newer electronics in them that our perform e-flite stuff to some small degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

What makes this one better? Looks identical except for the paint scheme...
                  the edfs are the new upgraded units and the ESCs are better as well. Along with the better full painted airframe as well. The Eflite has left the white areas bare foam.... When I make the space this too will be a plane that I get!
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

the edfs are the new upgraded units and the ESCs are better as well. Along with the better full painted airframe as well. The Eflite has left the white areas bare foam.... When I make the space this too will be a plane that I get!
                    Ray, both of them got the HW 80a ESCs on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Ray, both of them got the HW 80a ESCs on this one.
                      I didn't see that... but good to see that they did that! I have tried out the new higher KV and longer motor. It for sure is better than the other with only a slight penalty in amps and weight! My flight times didn't change but the performance was noticeably better! I am looking forward to trying them in a twin!
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I didn't see that... but good to see that they did that! I have tried out the new higher KV and longer motor. It for sure is better than the other with only a slight penalty in amps and weight! My flight times didn't change but the performance was noticeably better! I am looking forward to trying them in a twin!
                        Hoping to see you do some comparisons between the FW 2210 and FMS PRO.

The motor in my Eflite Viper is sounding rough so I am gonna throw one of those two in it soon.

Comment

• FMS version now available from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...ce10649a54885b

Comment

• FMS 639.00 shipped to USA PNP.... I do like it best....

90 bucks more than the BNF. Not really an option for me as I fly Jeti..... The PNP.... is 519.00 ( since I live in Illinois I gotta pay 8% tax. 560.00 with tax....

So if I bite on Xvipers link.... 80 bucks more for...

Not having to wait.... and getting the better livery....

Make sense???
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              So if I bite on Xvipers link.... 80 bucks more for...
                              I have the Eflite BNF coming around the end of the month. Comparing prices for me, the AliExpress FMS PNP version is more expensive than what my LHS is charging me for a BNF ($100.00 more). Comparing PNP to PNP, the AliEx version is $140.00 CAD more. You have to weigh how much you value the color and the slightly "better" guts of the FMS. Making sense is purely in the mind of the beholder. In many ways, this is a hobby of passion and "sense" is an individual assessment. You gotta go with what makes you happy. I think I'll be quite happy with the Eflite one.

Comment

• OK... great response... Makes me think we need to kill a bottle of Scotch together! :-)
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

OK... great response... Makes me think we need to kill a bottle of Scotch together! :-)

Comment

• do whatcha like!! I am gonna go for the FMS version but through my connection... should be about PNP price....

Comment

• How do We get that connection?

Comment

How do We get that connection?
                                        I think people are reluctant to propagate this information for several reasons. One is possibly because this is a "sort of" private deal from an individual who has a connection to FMS either directly or via a seller in China. These "deals" are not widespread and the "individual" may not want it to be. Second, although some buyers have reported having no problems getting merchandise from this person and as yet, nobody has reported getting screwed over, noone wants to be responsible for anybody getting hosed. The "deal" is reportedly a "drop shipment" directly to you from China.
                                        I'm not telling you to go this route nor am I telling you to avoid it. Here is a link to a post showing the guy's screen name (Great_Xu). You need to read the whole thread and determine for yourself if you wish to "jump in" and take any risks there may be. From that thread, you can also search ALL posts by this fellow and try to get a feel for his character. You could also message those who have dealt successfully with him to get more details on who he is and how it all works.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=59

Comment

• All good! I was more than 3/4 's kidding and would not expect someone to poison a personal well. :-) I just purchased the New Eflite P-51..... SO that pushes this out a tad... but LOVE the FMS Livery!

thanks again Xviper!

Comment

Working...
                                          X