Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Evan, I agree. The Su-30 performs well and respectably, but it isn't a stunner by any means. In this case, as much as I enjoy the air brake, I could easily do without it if there was a center hatch section that would have been dedicated to battery placement close to the CG, and allowed for 8S power on the twin 70mm EDF's, and to get rid of that additional 1/4 pound ballast in the rear radome. The nose section could be kept purely for electronics placement.

Comment

• Merry Christmas Everyone!

Full Demo of the beautifully rendered SU-30 from EFlite.

This is the full shakedown. Fast, Low, then back to High Alpha and slow. Inverted and maximum rate rolls. Touch and go, to slow-mo. This is the full flight envelope for this jet.

Slowest flight is achieved with the lightest pack possible, and all flights are flown with the packs full aft in the battery bay. High Alpha flight was 4 min of flying on high C rating 4000mah pack.

Takeoff and speed demos flown with the 70C 5500 mah Roaring Top batteries. These yield over 4 minutes of flight time on balanced flying.

This is the BNF jet and is NOT for beginners. With previous EDF experience though, this jet is LOCKED IN on the AS3X factory setup. She is a heavy bird and must be flown respecting that. Even then, it has surprisingly good vertical on a quality pack, and will slow down and hang in the High Alpha with full throws on the controls and precise control.

Huge thanks to camera girl for filming in the freezing cold!

Comment

• Could someone please upload a close-up of where the elevator leading edges should be vs the fuselage? I just set mine up per the manual and the elevators end up at too much of an angle in my opnion (up elevator) for level flight. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
          Could someone please upload a close-up of where the elevator leading edges should be vs the fuselage? I just set mine up per the manual and the elevators end up at too much of an angle in my opnion (up elevator) for level flight. Thanks!
          The mark on the fuselage should be split by the top edge of the top of the elevator/horizontal stabilizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

The mark on the fuselage should be split by the top edge of the top of the elevator/horizontal stabilizer.
            Can you send a picture please...

Comment

• So I maiden-ed the Sukhoi today - the most uneventful maiden I had in the last couple years! I had everything setup stock and it needed zero trim and flew perfectly. Some observations:

- This is a heavy bird and flies on 6s similar to the Freewing Yak-130 on 8s.
              - Roll rate is too low for me stock and I will be increasing travel in the AR636 to at least 120%
              - E-Flite should have used larger servos on the elevators. I noticed they are not strong enough for pulling out of high-speed dives and it takes time for the plane to pull out.
              - For CG my HRB 6s 5000 mAh 50C pack was all the way forward as far as it would go. This put the CG at 130mm which is roughly half way in the range of 115 - 150mm that the manual specifies.
              - Biggest gripe - why did E-Flite opt to not paint the white nose and leave it "foam". It looks awful on this scale airplane.

Overall this is a great bird to fly scale, behaves like the real SU-30's I have seen videos of. This is a great product!

Comment

• Agreed!! Paint the white foam WHITE!!!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Does anyone have a pic of where they set elevators in regard to fuse? They say use mark on fuse but I don’t have a mark only the plastic vertical stabilizer mount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                    Does anyone have a pic of where they set elevators in regard to fuse? They say use mark on fuse but I don’t have a mark only the plastic vertical stabilizer mount.
                    Mine are set right on the line that marks the interface of the plastic piece and the foam. The manual says to position the elevator 2mm below that line - it was too much up trim for my model.

Comment

• OK, mystery solved, for me at least, as to whether this jet takes off on grass. I got one last day of flying for the year yesterday and one of our young pilot members brought out his new SU-30 (along with 4 other huge turbine jets-man this kid doesn't know how lucky he is to have a father with unlimited funds). Well, wouldn't you know, it took off in less than 200 feet just like it was on concrete with no flaps. He even left on the front nose wheel pants and no problem (a HH flight demo guy I met told me to try it without the pants, but wasn't sure it would take off without flaps on grass). The bird flew great and looks outstanding (except the nose needs to actually be painted instead of raw foam). I was hoping it wouldn't work on grass so I wouldn't "just have to have one", but damn, it's now back on my radar for 2020 and seriously threatening my bank account!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Just pictures tonight, but some awesome formation with Jeremy. Braving the cold flying with Tom Mansell Jeremy Solt Shawn Sagen and others.
                        We were so busy flying that nobody took video. Gorgeous Utah night to tear it up with great friends.

A very impressive model from Eflite. Over 65 flights on mine now, wide flight envelope. Very impressed with this offering.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• More pics...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

Sounds like a plan. I'll maiden this thing first and then contact you. I did not know there are better motors coming...will they be an easy upgrade?
                            Very easy upgrade... I will be doing a video on the install when I get mine.
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Are we talking T-33 motors??
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                Are we talking T-33 motors??
                                There are a couple motors out there that I am contemplating trying. But the FMS plane comes with the new 1900kv platinum set up... that is the one I will be getting...
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Disregard. Wrong plane.

​​​​​​​I put one of these into my Avanti S and L-39. Static thrust - 3300g. It made those planes really zing along.
                                  https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...h=FMSDF0092100

The new one is supposed to produce 3500g thrust. I think 7000g thrust for this plane would be a real eye opener.
                                  http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-motor-pro-v2

I can't find specs on the 1900kv one.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    I put one of these into my Avanti S and L-39. Static thrust - 3300g. It made those planes really zing along.

The new one is supposed to produce 3500g thrust. I think 7000g thrust for this plane would be a real eye opener.

I can't find specs on the 1900kv one.
                                    Why are you looking at 80s? This is a twin 70. The newest Pro EDF from FMS in 70mm is this one:

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Why are you looking at 80s? This is a twin 70. The newest Pro EDF from FMS in 70mm is this one:
                                      http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-70mm-pla...v1900-motor-6s
                                      You're right. Got planes mixed up. Duuhhhhhh! Had A-10 on the brain.

Comment

• Well boys the FMS version SU-30 like their New F-18 looks way better than the E-flite US market bird. I've got a couple of them commin

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
                                          Well boys the FMS version SU-30 like their New F-18 looks way better than the E-flite US market bird. I've got a couple of them commin
                                          What makes this one better? Looks identical except for the paint scheme...

Comment

Working...
                                          X