• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they look great! Hope it has functional Taileron control as well

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl View Post
      Yes they look great! Hope it has functional Taileron control as well
      Hey Daryl, look closely at that vid at around 1:54 on full screen. It's really hard to tell and it could be an optical illusion, but it almost looks like the right elevator moves more than the left one when the plane banked. However, the thinness of the rudder where the stabs attach might make it difficult to incorporate 2 servos and those full flying stabs may be joined in the middle like the elevators on all my big sailplanes.

Additionally, I don't think this plane needs a lot of roll authority. It's a bomber after all and it's not supposed to roll like a drillbit. Even with the wings swept back, the ailerons are pretty big and stick out in the airstream pretty good to roll it well. Given some ingenuity, I'm sure you could make tailerons work.

Comment

As a Motion RC employee for a decade now I really have to hold my tongue here but I will say I am thrilled to see a Bone finally make it to the market, especially what looks to be a scale, quality model. I have waited years for a B-1 to come to fruition. I just wish Freewing would have made it first, but that's how it goes sometimes. Hey Freewing, can ya do us a solid and come out with a Concorde? <Nudge>
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
          As a Motion RC employee for a decade now I really have to hold my tongue here but I will say I am thrilled to see a Bone finally make it to the market, especially what looks to be a scale, quality model. I have waited years for a B-1 to come to fruition. I just wish Freewing would have made it first, but that's how it goes sometimes. Hey Freewing, can ya do us a solid and come out with an Avro Vulcan? <Nudge>
          FIFY

Bone is nice but the Vulcan has presence.

Comment

I have a saying about the hobby: If you have what we want- we buy it, if it needs work we will fix it and share with others. to me it doesn't matter if it was Banana Hobby or Motion RC, I buy from both companies because I can! I buy from BH because they have some of the planes nobody else have and are built rather well- YF-23 comes to mind and their SR-71,F-117 (64mm I owned) and B-2 bomber after the bugs were worked out. my point is I am not slamming anybody for not bring new goods to market, but the fact they did I am happy as hell after be sending my list over for the past three years. LoL.. now Freewing should do a YF-23 or SR-71 or maybe a U2 which I miss since Phase 3 is defunct. I STILL WANT AN XB-70 as mine is getting old..
            Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

As a Motion RC employee for a decade now I really have to hold my tongue here but I will say I am thrilled to see a Bone finally make it to the market, especially what looks to be a scale, quality model. I have waited years for a B-1 to come to fruition. I just wish Freewing would have made it first, but that's how it goes sometimes. Hey Freewing, can ya do us a solid and come out with a Concorde? <Nudge>
              Aros

You know me- I have a short list and that B-1 has been there for some time now, now if we can get a B-58 and XB70 that would awesome and a U2... :-) A5 Vigilante would be good.

Comment

Hi

If you guys had to guess, what do you suppose the introductory pricetag will look like?

Comment

Probably around $700-$750...
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Aros, what the heck! You're a Motion RC employee giving kudos to a competitor!? Now you've gone and done it... you and Motion have just climbed a few notches on my respect-o-meter. Well done, Sir. Iron sharpens iron. Confronting competition in a healthy manner makes the whole community better and me as a humble enthusiast will reward the victors with product purchases.

I'm not sure exactly what you do, but if you have any influence over future product offers, please put a bid in for an AV-8B Harrier/F-35B STOVL. No company has ever done it. Achieve legendary status and have MotionRC be the first.

Comment

$599 sale price. BH always has a list price and a sale price.

Comment

A little more ...........................

https://www.facebook.com/bananahobby...1LiaK11BH2nj7l

Someone hinted that pre-orders should begin in about a month with delivery in the summer.

Comment

Now if somebody can do a F-111 or XB-70 or A5 Vigilante.

Comment

BH says soon... That COULD mean a month...

Comment

Make up your mind. What do you want, really really want?

You also said "YF-23 or SR-71 or maybe a U2 which I miss since Phase 3 is defunct. I STILL WANT AN XB-70 as mine is getting old..".

And "now if we can get a B-58 and XB70 that would awesome and a U2... :-) A5 Vigilante would be good.".

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                              Now if somebody can do a F-111 or XB-70 or A5 Vigilante.
                              So you really want the XB-70? I could go for a B-58. Four of the new HP 64mm fans would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Make up your mind. What do you want, really really want?

You also said "YF-23 or SR-71 or maybe a U2 which I miss since Phase 3 is defunct. I STILL WANT AN XB-70 as mine is getting old..".

And "now if we can get a B-58 and XB70 that would awesome and a U2... :-) A5 Vigilante would be good.".

So you really want the XB-70? I could go for a B-58. Four of the new HP 64mm fans would be awesome.
                                The hint is there- all would be logical choices but the XB-70 would be the best in my opinion. Somebody already has the YF-23 which is not bad and they just updates the foam type on the SR-71 so A B-58 and XB-70 would be awesome...so would the F-111 and A5

Comment

OK, I hear blaah blah blah, hustler....

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    OK, I hear blaah blah blah, hustler....
                                    Now that would be a fun one!

Comment

Evan D rifleman_btx check out the rcgeek's ewetoob channel as he is starting on a build of a fairly large (4 x 70mm Fans?) B-58 for scale competition. Should be an interesting build, I think. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Edited for clarity:

***This post is for the B-58 Hustler.***

My untrained eye sees the main gear being an engineering challenge. I’d love a B-58, too.

But the long main struts with only a tiny fuselage area to store the trucks in. To me, this looks like a tough problem to solve.

-GG

Comment

Agree and then people would complain flying off grass.

Comment

Working...
                                          X