X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    So the big question is what’s the new FL plane???
    B-25J Mitchell 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP from FlightLine - FLW306P The B-25 Mitchell, produced by North American Aviation, was named in honor of Brigadier General William "Billy" Mitchell and first introduced in 1941. The medium bomber was used in every theater of WWII by various Allied air forces and continued to se
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah, saw it early this morning and ordered it. Nicely done!

Comment

• Well Captain Dunce reporting...I examined the wings and discovered alas, I apparently did NOT install the center 16mm screws! Good lord. How on earth I missed that is beyond me! I would swear up and down I installed all 6 screws for the wings. Regardless they were missing on both wings. Mystery solved.

I did go to screw them in and one of them started to tighten but just keeps spinning and won't tighten completely. The other won't tighten at all. Perhaps from the two flights the pin slightly bent? I'll have to investigate but I have to say I am not a big fan of allen screws. I'm thinking of getting regular screws at the same size. Thoughts?​
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Well Captain Dunce reporting...Mystery solved...screw them in just keeps spinning, other won't tighten at all...not a fan of Allen screws, thinking of getting regular screws at the same size. Thoughts?​
          Aros, Sounds like you got it noodled, but this seems to be more than just a screw choice, though pan head screws would be what I'd swap out if I were in your position.

Note: I bit the bullet and ordered M4 x 3mm headless grub screws on Amazium.Prim where a bag of 50 pieces is less than $7.00 USD.

I am using those on the Corsair gear struts and have had those off about a 100 times so far with no wear or tear on the head.

BONUS: When I drop one and it bounces, I find it later rather than sooner.

Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks friend!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'll keep those in mind but for now I am going to try to see if I can't use my drill to seat those screws as they should be...I bought these...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I'll keep those in mind but for now I am going to try to see if I can't use my drill to seat those screws as they should be...
                ,,,,When in doubt, I always use a 'bigger hammer'. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	380950

And then Mom said, "Remember, my children, only use your powers for good, not evil".

Best, LB​
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Oh trust me, I've used a hammer when it called for a feather way more than once in this hobby!!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Oh trust me, I've used a hammer when it called for a feather way more than once in this hobby!!

OK, now I have an image of you in my mind. Click image for larger version

Name:	irt25319_0.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	380963

Comment

• That's too handsome.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                        OK, now I have an image of you in my mind...
                        Hah, also looks remarkably like my ex-wife's 3rd divorce attorney. Honestly, 3 different attorneys over 33 months, but whose counting. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee From the sound of it, it's hard to discern whether she was trying to torture you or torture herself. That's quite the extended campaign. My condolences buddy!

Comment

• Well I’m picking one up on Monday. My plan is to bypass the stock gyro and put it on a S8R and use one 1-4 subs extender.
                            I may or may not ever use the gyro function in the S8R, but at least it will be there if I need.
                            My ch layout will be 1:Ail1, 2:elv, 3:throt, 4:rud, 5:ail2, 6:gear, 7:flaps, 8:ster, 9:gyr, 10:mode1, 11:mode2, 12:calib, 13:wing, 14: rev.

I want to play around with adding some up ailerons while wings folded back to maybe take some of the up nose up load off the elevator. I’ll put it on a switch so after I get her flying and trimmed in both wings back and out modes, I can then added it in to see if she climbs, does nothing or dives.

cant wait

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                              That's too handsome.
                              Probably true!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Have u watched rc plane reviewer ,, had his own troubles,, like many..... looks like alot of up mix req folding wings.... shifts cg..... not req on fwi g f-14 .....?.

Comment

I’ll say it once more XT and EC are not compatible and if you decide to plug one into the other it’s a stupid decision. Kallend said in a pinch you can spread the pin to make a better connection but DON’T DO IT. In the picture are two types of pins used, these are both EC5 pins. The one on the left is what he’s saying to spread and yes I guess if you did it would make a connection but it’s just not designed to be used that way. I can’t believe a professor actual even suggested it. What’s next, missing that machine screw to hold your wings on, use a wood screw, it’s close enough?

You'll love this bit of the video:

https://youtu.be/EOez4qb07R8?t=126

Comment

• Look how much elevator he had to add to fly with the wings swept @19:50.

Comment

Look how much elevator he had to add to fly with the wings swept @19:50.
                                      No doubt due to using an EC5 with the XT90.

Comment

• If he added afterburners....

Comment

• Dang that's a lot of up mix in sweep wing mode!

So even with an XT90/EC5 adapter it could overheat??
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X