Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright gents, let's keep this civil and friendly.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I agree that uncivil fighting is no good. I'd also argue that differing points of view and debate can be very constructive and revealing, when beneficial collaboration and insight is the point of the exercise.

But then again, we are just talking about our hobby of flying foam manhole covers afterall. I do find the seriousness that some of us take with our hobby to be refreshing!

There have been models out there that just never fly well. All of my statements are generalizations, not specific to the B1. Ultimately I'd like to see it fly well and be a great model. As of now, to quote a wise redneck friend of mine, "It's hard saying not knowing."

Comment

With thanks to Evan D for posting this on the Guppy ................................
        https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/jets-...f-jet-pnp.html

More detailed specs. Release: May/23. No prepayment of pre-orders from Turbines RC. No price set. Pulsar gyro included. Fans: 3060-KV2200 (new? Old 2860 fan: static thrust, 2.4 kg). Flying weight: 5 kgs.
        Hope to see more like this from Bitgo, RC Castle and later from AliExpress.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
          I agree that uncivil fighting is no good. I'd also argue that differing points of view and debate can be very constructive and revealing, when beneficial collaboration and insight is the point of the exercise.

But then again, we are just talking about our hobby of flying foam manhole covers afterall. I do find the seriousness that some of us take with our hobby to be refreshing!

There have been models out there that just never fly well. All of my statements are generalizations, not specific to the B1. Ultimately I'd like to see it fly well and be a great model. As of now, to quote a wise redneck friend of mine, "It's hard saying not knowing."
          I'll agree with you on all points. With such lack of information this far ahead of release, there is absolutely nothing wrong with generalizations and/or speculations. Plenty of rumors all around and that is also the nature of these sorts of things. If better information is out there, why not correct those rumors, generalizations and speculations instead of lighting the fire and calling people out for BS?

Comment

Most of what I read here falls in my category of "Let me under-think this, jump to a conclusion, and tell everyone."
            And yes, it is a real category for me....

Y'all know what i mean; the "Ready, Fire, Aim" approach at commentary or dialogue.

Unfortunately, it is contagious to a fault, but many times brings a smile to this ol' face.

Love all y'all, just sayin'...Best and respectfully, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              Most of what I read here falls in my category of "Let me under-think this, jump to a conclusion, and tell everyone."
              And yes, it is a real category for me....

Y'all know what i mean; the "Ready, Fire, Aim" approach at commentary or dialogue.

Unfortunately, it is contagious to a fault, but many times brings a smile to this ol' face.

Love all y'all, just sayin'...Best and respectfully, LB
              You are so politically correct at times and diplomatic. Love ya! And I mean that in a manly way.

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                WELL, I hate...errrr...dislike very much being PC as I try very hard to avoid that in my daily life LOL, but y'all bring out the very worst in me sometimes...OTFL. Diplomatic?? Well let's ask "she whose authority exceeds my rank" abut that one.....aahh...okay, let's not. Thanks Vipe, always like your frankness and truthfully, I am just glad to be here. LB

So far there has been close to zero from BH as the reseller. Almost everything has been from one specific influencer that now seems to have his feelings hurt since he was called out for excessive advertising on "the guppy".

This has definitely been a shining example of how not to do a release.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                So far there has been close to zero from BH as the reseller. Almost everything has been from one specific influencer that now seems to have his feelings hurt since he was called out for excessive advertising on "the guppy".

This has definitely been a shining example of how not to do a release.
                This is a very entertaining post. We got more details from that TurbineRC site. Makes the Banana boys look like little school kids whispering secret squirrel stuff in the back of the classroom. (Interesting that TurbinesRC webpage didn't mention anything about thrust reverse, but then, they are selling it as a turbine conversion.)
                I occasionally send some copy/paste of some of the posts on these forums to a psychiatrist buddy of mine from my old medical research days - who likes to have a lighter day from time to time and get a chuckle. It is not surprising that the "one specific influencer" gets his feeling (singular) hurt. It would have been very interesting to have gone to Arizona just to do a psych analysis of him and of course, Ralph. Between you and kallend (and several others), you've got the Banana boys really tweaked.
                To be fair .................... the "spy" did break the piñata prematurely and they (BH) had to scramble to do salvage work.
                Since learning about a possible ARF+ for this model, I'm a bit more enthusiastic than I was after hearing about the price for the PNP. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I'd rather spend a little more and do it up better - perhaps with the new gen of Freewing fans. Gotta see the thrust figures for the new XFly fan. Would also like to do a twin battery mod as well.

Comment

You're welcome.

I didn't make the rules. I just posted the relevant one.

If he hadn't been so cheap as not to be a sponsor when about 99% of his posts are blatant marketing, I wouldn't even have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

You're welcome.

I didn't make the rules. I just posted the relevant one.

If he hadn't been so cheap as not to be a sponsor when about 99% of his posts are blatant marketing, I wouldn't even have done that.
                    You'd think that Banana would cough up 5 bucks for their "influencers" to do their "job" better.

Comment

My new years resolution was to be less of an internet thug. Really... I am trying not to post what I really think.

"Between you and kallend (and several others), you've got the Banana boys really tweaked."

Did you see the post a person made that contacted Bitgo about if they would carry it and got a resounding "NO". I bet they aren't happy with the politics.

Comment

Did you see the post a person made that contacted Bitgo about if they would carry it and got a resounding "NO". I bet they aren't happy with the politics.
                        Yeah, I'm wondering if Banana had a virtual gun to XFly's head, waving the "agreement" in their faces. And Bitgo typing "NO" with one hand while the other hand's pinky finger was in a cigar cutter?
                        I'm quite convinced that any such "agreement" will have a termination date. I can't wait for Bitgo to finally get this plane and then tell us all about the "NO".

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          This is a very entertaining post. We got more details from that TurbineRC site. Makes the Banana boys look like little school kids whispering secret squirrel stuff in the back of the classroom. (Interesting that TurbinesRC webpage didn't mention anything about thrust reverse, but then, they are selling it as a turbine conversion.)
                          I occasionally send some copy/paste of some of the posts on these forums to a psychiatrist buddy of mine from my old medical research days - who likes to have a lighter day from time to time and get a chuckle. It is not surprising that the "one specific influencer" gets his feeling (singular) hurt. It would have been very interesting to have gone to Arizona just to do a psych analysis of him and of course, Ralph. Between you and kallend (and several others), you've got the Banana boys really tweaked.
                          To be fair .................... the "spy" did break the piñata prematurely and they (BH) had to scramble to do salvage work.
                          Since learning about a possible ARF+ for this model, I'm a bit more enthusiastic than I was after hearing about the price for the PNP. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I'd rather spend a little more and do it up better - perhaps with the new gen of Freewing fans. Gotta see the thrust figures for the new XFly fan. Would also like to do a twin battery mod as well.
                          I'm sorry I must be missing something? Can I talk you into a synopsis for those slow folk like myself?
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

My new years resolution was to be less of an internet thug. Really... I am trying not to post what I really think.

"Between you and kallend (and several others), you've got the Banana boys really tweaked."

ya you should work on it. you and your buddy like to jump posts and play warrior.. I love hypocrites...... banana hobby is a great place to shop. ONe of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              You'd think that Banana would cough up 5 bucks for their "influencers" to do their "job" better.
                              I love hypocrisy that some folks display daily. I like banana hobby and their planes. never had a issue

Comment

Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

I love hypocrisy that some folks display daily. I like banana hobby and their planes. never had a issue
                                Lol

Comment

If I get one of these, it won't be til mid summer or maybe fall. I'm not in any hurry, by then I can see where improvements need to be taken for grass field operations. I imagine it'll be about like the freewing f14 in that respect. But that will be my plan for acquisition.

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Copy.

Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

When did it become hypocrisy to expect people to follow the rules of a forum they choose to belong to? Please explain.

Comment

There's a video over on RCG. At AZ jets, very windy. The Banana Hobby Team pilots have 3 B-1s there and this was their first flight. The did a few passes without raising the gear or sweeping the wings. Landings were bumpy and one didn't taxi back. It did not look like they had active gyros. Also appeared one had a main gear issue. There was a very fast glimpse in the battery compartment before the battery hatch was quickly closed. Hopefully more video will be posted today.

Comment

There are much better solo full flight videos on FB, albeit unedited and taken with a phone presumably by Jeremy’s son based on the commentary. Greaser landings, full speed sweep passes and swept back aileron rolls. Looks like they were dealing with a fair bit of wind during at least a portion of the event. Hopefully they will upload these to YT for those not on FB

Comment

Working...
                                      X