X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
    I sold mine and made sure he knew to reinforce that arm. Maybe down the road I might pick up another one, especially if they update to better hardware.
    Aros, I know, right? Wanted this one to be a "special" model. even had a livery picked out.

I watched our KsANG B-1s for years buzzing around East Wichita. Even had the opportunity to log a couple hours in the Sim.

I was simply waiting for some more motivation and open time to do the B-One up right. Now I'm just a bit tainted.

Another day, maybe, I'll be watching.

Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattman2023 View Post

First sorry this happened to you.......
      Talking about the ball arm,,, your fail doesn't sound like the arm broke if it had the wing should have just been pushed all the way aft.
      Brownout,,, possible..... would think it would effect both.....
      Post crash checking your B1 did you try seeing if the sweep servos were working,,, with a servo tester?
      Post crash, I tested each individual servo with a servo tester and they both operated flawlessly. The left servo had so much power that it began to straighten out the bend in the metal bar when it tried to full extend. The right servo moved freely and with hand pressure it moved what was left of the plane... very strong

1. Binding; however there was nothing to cause it to bind and flaps were retracted for the wing sweep.
      2. Brown out from near full power and wing sweep simultaneously; this has happened with the landing gear on other aircraft where one gear would stay down, but once you pull the power back and cycle, all the gear would go up.
      3. Right wing sweep servo arm severed in flight; I'm not sure how this could have happened, but it makes sense that the right wing servo arm severed causing the right wing to close faster than the left.​

I'm leaning toward number two s the reason and number three as a close second. Post crash analysis showed one army fully retracted and the other halfway, which would indicate a loss of power somewhere. Plus, the servos operate individually just like landing gear servos. On my older FW F-18 I had the problem of one gear staying down at full power. I haven't had that problem in years.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Doug, Thanks for the detailed post crash report. The pictures help greatly. I think I'm also leaning to your second as the actual cause with yours. While I tend to think, like Kallend, that they should have failed together, it's entirely possible, because of possible differing drag on the units and the associated amp draws, that one side (left) failed first. I haven't gotten to mine yet, but I assume these units work the same way a retract does, in that, they simply stop when over-loaded?
        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• My view is that I have a preconceived notion of brown out, receiver not getting the minimum voltage to receive and process the signal, which is not how it's used in this case. I could see that the power was loaded to the point one high draw item, wing servo could draw down power where it stopped working. I know many retract servos have over current protection and the wing sweep servo is nothing more than a repurposed retract.

Thank you for the investigative reporting Doug, sorry it happened...

Comment

• Thanks Doug,,, wow,,,, very sorry
            Pictures,,,Thanks!!

Brownout seems like a reasonable reason but is that what happened.
            I would think with a brownout it would effect both servos.....
            To bad there's no telemetry......
            Looking at your pictures it's obvious that the right servo stopped halve way.
            I wonder did that right wing jam somehow causing the servo to stop due to a current overload.
            I've had gear do that many times......
            I don't know maybe a flap didn't come up all the way or the wing jammed for some other reason.....

That left wing is missing the flap.. Crash damage?
            And that right wing the flap is not neutral it's down.
            Looks like down enough to jam the wing........

Comment

• Dougcarr73 I am sorry about your crash man. I too think the second theory is the likeliest explanation.

Elbee of all the people I can think of that can make the appropriate mods to make her safe and true it is you. I am just saying don't let that one flaw necessarily persuade you from the model. My humble advice would be to take the intel in, make the changes needed and build that gorgeous model I know you can. Who knows if or when X-Fly will ever come out with a new version/upgrade. And the plain fact of the matter is, she is a beauty and an ideal canvas for your expertise.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just put my B1B together today it will went well except ESC's won't arm just goes "beep-beep" everything else work fine tried everything I know check wires tried another receiver checked all connectors to no avail any help appreciated.

Comment

• Saw on RC Groups that The Bone doesn't AR8020 Receivers put an Admiral 10 channel in with Sat. done the trick ESC Initialized straight away😁

Comment

• Originally posted by J42day View Post
                    Just put my B1B together today it will went well except ESC's won't arm just goes "beep-beep" everything else work fine tried everything I know check wires tried another receiver checked all connectors to no avail any help appreciated.
                    Did you put the trim on the radio all the way down on throttle? That is why most of the time the esc's beep.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Sort of. They beep because the ESC doesn't sense that the TX is at low throttle. It's not a trim thing (though that may bandaide it) it's a throttle calibration thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by J42day View Post
                        Just put my B1B together today it will went well except ESC's won't arm just goes "beep-beep" everything else work fine tried everything I know check wires tried another receiver checked all connectors to no avail any help appreciated.
                        Did you try an ESC calibration?

Comment

• The throttle channel is not working on that AR8020 went in another direction using AR8360 and by passing stock gyro thanks for the help..

Comment

• Just got mine, watched videos and read post.. haven't seen anything about the capacitor that comes with it. Is it needed and where to install, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. G View Post
                              Just got mine, watched videos and read post.. haven't seen anything about the capacitor that comes with it. Is it needed and where to install, thanks
                              Where are you located?

They weren't included with US shipments back when I got mine, but Jeremy (BH) said they might start including them.

They are to help eliminate electrical noise on the receiver power lines due to things like retracts and wing sweep, which can consume a lot of current. You can plug into any spare channel. Just be sure to get the plug in the right way round!

Comment

• Louisiana, got the PNP and ARF Plus, both had them. Figured they would help with voltage drop but wasn't sure... Have Spectrum 8020 , only open is the bind/prog port. Helped a buddy maiden his and resistance was futile 😳 thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Any spare slot, preferably in the receiver. You can even use the bind port.

Comment

• Capacitor installed, maiden flight 9 mph crosswind, needed 54 clicks down elevator, went by video. Half flap pitched down so I landed holding nose up . A baby like my KC 46. Will adjust controls then sweep t
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Eye candy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Capt G, diggin' your 'little dudes'. Great pix. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Does anyone have a spektrum ix series setup file they'd care to share? I'm bypassing the onboard gyro and using an 8 channel spektrum rx.

Comment

Working...
                                          X