X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
    I'm with you on the paint issue, i did put a screw in the hole, and moved it a bit to see if i could open a crack somewhere, but i did not see anything... We in europe got an e mail from turbines rc were we bought them, they are sending us the reinforcement parts free of charge...
    Good customer service.

BH should have done that when they first learned of the problem.

Comment

• Yeah, I mean how hard would it be to make sure a customer won't say something to turn away other potential customers? Apparently they don't like business.

Comment

• I don't like having to buy a fix that should have been sent for free, but I'm not going to whine about spending $5 after handing out $700. If the repair part makes the aircraft safe to fly it is worth it in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
          I don't like having to buy a fix that should have been sent for free, but I'm not going to whine about spending $5 after handing out $700. If the repair part makes the aircraft safe to fly it is worth it in my opinion.
          Remember Sept. 2020 when MotionRC proactively contacted all pre-buyers and sent out free replacement servos for the MiG29? That was good customer service.

Asking your customers to pay to fix a known defect in your product is mediocre customer service, even if it's only $5 (+ shipping)

I don't know how to measure the value of goodwill, but BH isn't generating much with the way it's handled this.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Remember Sept. 2020 when MotionRC proactively contacted all pre-buyers and sent out free replacement servos for the MiG29? That was good customer service.

Asking your customers to pay to fix a known defect in your product is mediocre customer service, even if it's only $5 (+ shipping)

I don't know how to measure the value of goodwill, but BH isn't generating much with the way it's handled this.
            Exactly, it's not the money, it's the principle.

Comment

• Obviously this is a MRC-ran forum, that's no secret, but we have always been transparent in how we operate. This October marks my 10th year anniversary with this company and I can tell you all that no company that I know of takes customer support and care more seriously than we do. Fact.

I am proud of how we handled the MIG29 and others. It's how it should be. I've always said, I am not just an employee of MRC but a customer like you guys. I think that goes a long way in this business, I really do. Now having said that, as a customer of this model, I am willing to give BH the benefit of the doubt. I hear they have changed their rep for the better in recent years. Good for them! If so, I expect them to handle this issue accordingly. Do not charge customers for the fix. Send them the fix free of charge, period, end of story.

Is there really any other way to go about it?
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I did my maiden + 1 flight today, bypassed the gyro, no other gyro installed, CG at 81 mm as per instruction video, no wing sweep yet...
                After some minor trimming it went great, had to dial in some up elevator to compensate for flaps, no strange habits at all.
                lands really nice, happy to have the trust reverse i must admit

Video on youtube..

Regards,

Didier ​

Comment

• I finished painting and weathering my B1... makes it come alive imo... I picked out mutiple panels and gave them a lighter/darker color, as seen on the full size. Next i did a wash in the panellines, and with the airbrush gave it a light mist of dirt on some spots, again with photo's as a guide.

came out rather nice i think
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	363340039_1473011090134231_6359060439255938213_n.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	383301Click image for larger version

Name:	363526060_1312316909376006_6788123979142801224_n.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	383302Click image for larger version

Name:	363343906_704073388199544_8173082081633615155_n.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	383303Click image for larger version

Name:	362936836_969762010948461_1722578908251775866_n.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	383304Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050123.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	383305Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050118.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	383306Click image for larger version

Name:	362936836_601798998753717_1672915811613686132_n.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	383308
                  Attached Files

Comment

• didier n, Your paint work on the panels is exceptional. Quite realistic, she's looking great. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nicely done! Love the subtle scale touch like that. Really slick.
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here's a video of my friend Gianni doing the maiden flight of his Xfly B-1

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                          Here's a video of my friend Gianni doing the maiden flight of his Xfly B-1

First Belgian pilot video? i don't think so, look at post 247... congrats with the succesfull flight! did you bypass the gyro?

Didier

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                            Here's a video of my friend Gianni doing the maiden flight of his Xfly B-1

Very nice.

Needs afterburners.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

And the real thing:

Comment

• I crashed, or shall I say my B1 malfunctioned. I’ve had about 6 good flights over the past month. During wing sweep today only the right wing retracted and the left stopped retracting midway. A spinning dive ensued to obliteration.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

- The post flight analysis ruled out binding.
                              - The other thought is it was a brown out. I was at about 90% throttle and the amp draw may have caused it to fail.

Has anyone added a bec to avoid this, or is it even needed? It seems like one is needed after this flight. XFLY, or banana hobby should have accounted for this in the design.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
                                I crashed, or shall I say my B1 malfunctioned. I’ve had about 6 good flights over the past month. During wing sweep today only the right wing retracted and the left stopped retracting midway. A spinning dive ensued to obliteration.

- The other thought is it was a brown out. I was at about 90% throttle and the amp draw may have caused it to fail.

Has anyone added a bec to avoid this, or is it even needed? It seems like one is needed after this flight. XFLY, or banana hobby should have accounted for this in the design.
                                Surely a brown-out would have affected both wings equally.

Had you reinforced the "arms" on the wing where the sweep mechanism pushrods are attached? There have been a number of reports of these breaking, which if it happened on the left wing would account for the wing's failure to sweep.

The European distributor sent out reinforcements for free, but BH has said nothing but will SELL you the reinforcement of you want them.

Comment

I crashed, or shall I say my B1 malfunctioned. I’ve had about 6 good flights over the past month. During wing sweep today only the right wing retracted and the left stopped retracting midway. A spinning dive ensued to obliteration.

Additional: See post 232 and 244 in this thread, and https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1778

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Surely a brown-out would have affected both wings equally.

Had you reinforced the "arms" on the wing where the sweep mechanism pushrods are attached? There have been a number of reports of these breaking, which if it happened on the left wing would account for the wing's failure to sweep.

The European distributor sent out reinforcements for free, but BH has said nothing but will SELL you the reinforcement of you want them.
                                    I did not reinforce the arms. One was bent and the other severed, which I assumed was from the crash, but that could be the reason. With that new info, I'll double check which side when I get back to the house this evening.

Comment

• I would recommend that everyone with one of these B-1Bs should reinforce the sweep control arms on the wings, given the reports we've seen of these breaking.

I'm not sure I really like the thin aluminum reinforcement BH is selling, unless you bond it to the wing/arm with epoxy in addition to using those screws into the thin plastic.

I reinforced mine with glass cloth epoxied to the part.

Comment

First sorry this happened to you.......
                                        Talking about the ball arm,,, your fail doesn't sound like the arm broke if it had the wing should have just been pushed all the way aft.
                                        Brownout,,, possible..... would think it would effect both.....
                                        Post crash checking your B1 did you try seeing if the sweep servos were working,,, with a servo tester?

Comment

• I sold mine and made sure he knew to reinforce that arm. Maybe down the road I might pick up another one, especially if they update to better hardware.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X