You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I used Krylon ColorMaster Acrylic Flat. It does a good job dulling down any sheen in the paint or graphics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1511304607588757450403.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	104674
    The gloss is good for treating headlights after you wet sand the yellow off with 800 grit. Lasts about 4 years on the car's headlights.
    Good stuff.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

The gloss is good for treating headlights after you wet sand the yellow off with 800 grit. Lasts about 4 years on the car's headlights.
      Good stuff.
      Planning to gloss coat my Blue Angels A-4 with it once the graphics are completely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        I used Krylon ColorMaster Acrylic Flat. It does a good job dulling down any sheen in the paint or graphics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1511304607588757450403.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	104674
        Bravo Sir!! TY! :Cool:
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• This should get us excited again.........:Cool:

Dear Santa, could you bring me one of these but in a 90mm or twin 80mm will work. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
            This should get us excited again.........:Cool:

Dear Santa, could you bring me one of these but in a 90mm or twin 80mm will work. Thanks
            The engines aren't running right... supposed to leave a thick black smoke trail. :p

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Too bad we didn't get a Christmas surprise with a great F- Phantom II with multiple liveries. Oh well, I'll just keep working on the junk LX F-4 to make them fly better at 5,800 feet. I'm working on using HSD Viper hydraulic landing gear (tracks really well and the nose gear steering is flawless). I'm using the FMS 70mm 12B fans with the inrunner motors (1850kv) (get about 3.5 minutes with 30% left; using the Roaringtop 6S, 5,500mah, 70C battery). I also tried it with one FMS 70mm 12B fan and a Wemo 70mm, 9B, 3300kv inrunner - talk about flying fast. I might install the other Wemo 70mm, 9B, 3300kv inrunner after I consider the battery options.
              Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4504 (2).JPG
Views:	303
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	110023Click image for larger version

Name:	20171105_083335.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	110024

Comment

• One may wonder if it is ever coming! :-/....
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I would be hitting the pre order if one of these was to come out

Comment

• Same here. I just recently freed up some space for a big twin 80 or single 90 Phantom (or Raptor as far as that goes) ;)
                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• It is a shame how you freed up that space for another ship too Bill.

Comment

• Instead of dreaming of a white Christmas, I was dreaming of a FW, FMS or HSD big F-4 with all the trimmings. I'll wake up one day. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4400 (2).JPG
Views:	275
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	110348

Comment

• Ditto. I’’’’m ex Navy but would like an SEA USAF version if at all possible.

Comment

• Just my $.02 worth. After all of the blowback they received when the announced the A-10 early and even made gear changes for us, they will not repeat that mistake again. If you have noticed, the last planes have all be announced just when they could be pre-ordered. The community blew it when they blew back on MotionRC when they were trying to transparent with their models.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
                              Just my $.02 worth. After all of the blowback they received when the announced the A-10 early and even made gear changes for us, they will not repeat that mistake again. If you have noticed, the last planes have all be announced just when they could be pre-ordered. The community blew it when they blew back on MotionRC when they were trying to transparent with their models.
                              You are absolutely right...it's like someone that was just given a free Lamborghini complaining about the color.
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You are absolutely right...it's like someone that was just given a free Lamborghini complaining about the color.
                                Agreed! well said. Must be a nightmare trying to please EVERYONE..... Jesus.....
                                Needs to be Grass field rated
                                Twin 70, Twin 80, Single 90,
                                Super scale,.... stand off scale Hand launch....
                                Camo, USMC, Navy UASF
                                Under 399, Under 350.

My God.

I just learned to be patient! Especially given what we have available thus far! This gear was Unheard of 20 years ago! We are SPOILED!

Comment

• I don’t think anybody is griping. I think Motion RC loves to read all the input so they can get as close to what the public wants and don’t make a Hangar Queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
                                    I don’t think anybody is griping. I think Motion RC loves to read all the input so they can get as close to what the public wants and don’t make a Hangar Queen.
                                    I agree that this thread isn't a "gripe" session, but after all of the transparency MotionRC and good faith information provided during the A-10 development and build and then let's just say the belly aching they had to endure about this, that and the other, I fully understand the close to the vest they have been with information on the planes that have been coming out. I know that they know EVERYONE would love to have a twin 80 F4 Phantom, I personally would love one. They are probably working on one and have been for a while as their smaller one is no longer available. With the Thud and F-8 recently released, it seems that they are working on Vietnam era planes right now. F4 would fit right in with that.

Comment

• DrD.............Kinda interesting that you perceived that MRC endured a bunch of belly aching.

My personal opinion of the inputs on the A-10 fall in line with Patrnflyr.
                                      As matter of fact, even though the trailing link main gear was against the scale enthusiasts it ironically looks like the scale scissor link oleo is going to be the resolve to the bucking bronco scenario.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        DrD.............Kinda interesting that you perceived that MRC endured a bunch of belly aching.

As matter of fact, even though the trailing link main gear was against the scale enthusiasts it ironically looks like the scale scissor link oleo is going to be the resolve to the bucking bronco scenario.
                                        The belly aching about the gears was crazy on RCG both before and after the release...some are just never satisfied.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          DrD.............Kinda interesting that you perceived that MRC endured a bunch of belly aching.

OV10,

The griping wasn't just about the gear, it was about EVERYTHING. People gripped about the gear, they gripped about the price, they gripped about the free armament given, they gripped about having to put all of the decals on (people asked for a clean airframe to paint), they gripped about how long it took to get the plane, they gripped that they were not in the first run, they gripped about not being in the second batch, they gripped about the "bucking bronco" and they just gripped about everything. I could go on and on about what people gripped about. People were amazing.

The bronco affect could be eliminated by keeping air speed up upon landing and frankly, people learning how to land EDFs. I have seen full scale planes on YouTube get into that oscillation by not keeping their speed up. Have I had the bronco affect, yes, a couple of times out of my 50 plus flights. It was all because of pilot error, I broke the gear mount. It was MY fault for a crappy landing. The front gear change was by the request of we the flyers, we shouldn't have crucified Motion RC and Freewing for honoring our requests the way the groups did back in June and July.

Comment

Working...
                                          X