Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It came............It ain't bilt yet??!!!

Comment

• Ryan, I have a question for you. Are the stock tires foam or rubber. I know foam tires help keep the weight down but I find they create flat spots if a model sits on them for a while. Can you measure the diameter of the stock tires for me? If they are foam, I'm thinking Sullivan Sky Lite tires or Dubro lite tires may be a solution to foam tires. Maybe it is not an issue with foamy planes but they sure do go flat on some of my gassers.

GMB

Comment

• Originally posted by GMB View Post
        Ryan, I have a question for you. Are the stock tires foam or rubber. I know foam tires help keep the weight down but I find they create flat spots if a model sits on them for a while. Can you measure the diameter of the stock tires for me? If they are foam, I'm thinking Sullivan Sky Lite tires or Dubro lite tires may be a solution to foam tires. Maybe it is not an issue with foamy planes but they sure do go flat on some of my gassers.

GMB
        I'll measure them when I get back to the studio. They are identical in composition to the Bearcat and other FLRC planes tires. Kind of a foam tire with a rubber skin.

Comment

• Nice Pilot Ryan! Let's see some more:Cool:. Makes the wait a little easier.

Comment

• That battery bay is just screaming for 8s! LOL

Comment

• I have a great idea!!!!! Alpha, can we get a GPS tracker placed in the container these are loaded in and then we can track the progress of the ship to dock?
              Thats the ticket, GPS tracking on the ship.:wacky

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	567
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	71291.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• GMB I measured the mains and they are 2.75. I assume the nose is the same I'll be finding out soon. 8s, no problem. The battery compartment is huge.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan

GMB

Comment

• Here's another teaser. The nose wheel is 2.5Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	622
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	71393

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                        Here's another teaser. The nose wheel is 2.5Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	622
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	71393
                        Nice looking! Say Ryan, is the exhaust path clean enough to run a thrust tube in by chance? (It should be, just curious)

Comment

• :)That has grass field written all over it.

Comment

• Hey Alpha or Aros, Do the Avanti has the same landing characteristics as the Scorpion? You know if you come in a little hot it bounces back and forth of the ground.:( I cracked my front end completely off on the Scorpion landing on our grass field bouncing back and forth. :Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                              :)That has grass field written all over it.
                              My Stinger 90 has only ever been flown off very rough, bumpy grass and it handles it really well. With trailing links, this Avanti it should be even better. I'm actually thinking of modding my Stinger struts with trailings links, maybe the ones from this Avanti. I have trailing links for my Venom that I think I got from one of the bigger Freewing jets and they transform the Venom to a much better landing plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                                :)That has grass field written all over it.
                                I think you'll find the "S" stands for "Shirty's". :)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                  My Stinger 90 has only ever been flown off very rough, bumpy grass and it handles it really well. With trailing links, this Avanti it should be even better. I'm actually thinking of modding my Stinger struts with trailings links, maybe the ones from this Avanti. I have trailing links for my Venom that I think I got from one of the bigger Freewing jets and they transform the Venom to a much better landing plane.
                                  I have the S90 as well and yes it's good on grass but the nose wheel is bigger on the Avanti:Cool:

I agree the training links on the mains are awesome! I wish the S90 came with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
                                    Hey Alpha or Aros, Do the Avanti has the same landing characteristics as the Scorpion? You know if you come in a little hot it bounces back and forth of the ground.:( I cracked my front end completely off on the Scorpion landing on our grass field bouncing back and forth. :Whew:
                                    This plane looks to be MUCH more forgiving than the SS... It'll nice having a sport plane that actually tracks decently straight as well haha!

Comment

• now doesn't red look better :) definitely gonna paint mine.

Comment

• Having two red sport jets in their line-up would have been a no-no, ha-ha. I was getting sick of that. A was hoping for a yellow or green one, and thankfully one of them happened with this Avanti. Red color schemes still look great and I like many of them, but was more than ready to see something different. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          Having two red sport jets in their line-up would have been a no-no, ha-ha. I was getting sick of that. A was hoping for a yellow or green one, and thankfully one of them happened with this Avanti. Red color schemes still look great and I like many of them, but was more than ready to see something different. :Cool:
                                          The other thing with painting it like that, is it begins to look so similar to the Stinger 90. I'm already having a hard time justifying getting the Avanti while I still have the Stinger 90, but I could never talk myself into getting an Avanti and making it look like a plane I already have.

Comment

Working...
                                          X