X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hey Twowintj, yes, they've been on the water for a while now, as are subsequent batches. :) What is pictured here is for post-preorder stock, and for resellers in other parts of the world. We sort of commandeered the initial shipments for ourselves, because we love you guys so much.
    Thanks Alpha. Great to hear. And that's why MRC is pulling way ahead of the rest of the pack. ;):Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Between the Avanti S, the A-10 and the 1.6M Spit, it's going to be one heckuva fun flying Summer for many folks!
      I'm sure there's more to come ....Right Aros??? It's only April...There's a few months till the end of 2017...;)

Comment

• Motion RC... Where There's Always Somethin' Tasty Around The Corner.

;)

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
          When can we expect the full flight video ?
          Soon, we have to dress it up with the usual fare and then we can release it. Trouble is, which film to use. Each is a solid take...lol

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	73086 .
            AMA 1102566

Comment

• The big brown airplane truck stopped in front of our house. He could have gone across the street as when I first saw him just getting back in and nothing on our porch. Actually I think he was just practicing the route to my jet port, getting ready to bring the BIG airplane box!

Comment

• LOL! Yeah, I don't work myself into a frenzy until I get the email saying it's on the way!

Comment

• Guys, as someone who has participated in a few of the preorders. It's just best to sit back and be patient. I had to wait for the Bearcat and just missed out on the Tigercat and now waiting for the Avanti. I just think of how sweet it will be when it finally graces my doorstep.
                  As Beeg says, the real excitement starts when you get the notice that it has shipped, then you can track it and start the count down.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Guys can we get a close up picture of the magnetic nose cone? I'd like to modify my Stinger90 the same way if possible. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                      Guys can we get a close up picture of the magnetic nose cone? I'd like to modify my Stinger90 the same way if possible. Thanks
                      Never mind I see it at the end of the build video

Comment

• How nice would a composite be in this size?:):Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
                          How nice would a composite be in this size?:):Cool:
                          You mean like a Habu32? I've had two and they are excellent models. Just a little expensive to complete the model and the wheels are pretty small. More of a performance machine than a sport jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

You mean like a Habu32? I've had two and they are excellent models. Just a little expensive to complete the model and the wheels are pretty small. More of a performance machine than a sport jet.
                            I feel the same way about composites. The Habu 32 is a smaller plane, weighs more and costs the same as the Avanti but in ARF form. Because of their weight, composites seem to need much more thrust just to fly like a foamie of the same size. Composites are lovely models and they are generally very high quality. There were 2 H32's at our grass field. They needed almost ALL of the length we had to get off the ground and landing was like bringing in an arrow. They just kept going and going and many times ran off the end.
                            An Avanti in composite of the same size as this foamie, would need to be a high cell plane (8, 10 or 12s or even turbine). I went through that with a composite BD-5, 90mm, 6 cell. There were times I didn't think it would get off the runway. With the arrival of foamie EDFs, I'll never look at composites again. This foam Avanti should get off our runway in shorter distance than even my Stinger 90 and the S90 is already very impressive in its performance - short take off distance, slow flying when required, quite fast when desired. If I didn't have a Stinger 90, this one would be ordered by now.
                            One thing about my old BD-5 - when I benched it, I hung it up outside as a deck ornament. It lasted way longer in the sun, wind, rain, snow and ice than my foam plane. :wacky

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

Never mind I see it at the end of the build video
                              Also, there is a nice pic on the website of the nose cone.

Comment

• I'm getting itchy and twitchy for this plane, hopefully it won't be too much longer!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
                                  How nice would a composite be in this size?:):Cool:
                                  Just buy the composite Avanti 90 it's not much bigger than this one

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                    I feel the same way about composites. The Habu 32 is a smaller plane, weighs more and costs the same as the Avanti but in ARF form. Because of their weight, composites seem to need much more thrust just to fly like a foamie of the same size. Composites are lovely models and they are generally very high quality. There were 2 H32's at our grass field. They needed almost ALL of the length we had to get off the ground and landing was like bringing in an arrow. They just kept going and going and many times ran off the end.
                                    An Avanti in composite of the same size as this foamie, would need to be a high cell plane (8, 10 or 12s or even turbine). I went through that with a composite BD-5, 90mm, 6 cell. There were times I didn't think it would get off the runway. With the arrival of foamie EDFs, I'll never look at composites again. This foam Avanti should get off our runway in shorter distance than even my Stinger 90 and the S90 is already very impressive in its performance - short take off distance, slow flying when required, quite fast when desired. If I didn't have a Stinger 90, this one would be ordered by now.
                                    One thing about my old BD-5 - when I benched it, I hung it up outside as a deck ornament. It lasted way longer in the sun, wind, rain, snow and ice than my foam plane. :wacky
                                    The Avani 90 flys great on 6s I have the same setup as this one 8000mAh 6s and do not see any reason to use more cells https://youtu.be/5tjCwfSCSs4

Comment

• I have the Mini Avanti 90mm powered by Jetfan running on 10s. It is a great flying EDf . The wing loading makes this airframe a very forgiving airplane. This new 80mm version will (should) have the same flight characteristics. It's not a rocket like the Habu 32x but in my opinion it is more fun to fly.
                                      Let's hope we get some news next week on the arrival of the new baby.

Comment

• Looks like a man in New Zealand is flying the FW Avanti, said he got it from a shop in China. It's on RC Groups.

Tony

Comment

• Woohoo! Guess that means ours are right around the corner! .....or just over the hill.....or right around the bend.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X