Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=T-Spin;n73504]Looks like a man in New Zealand is flying the FW Avanti, said he got it from a shop in China. It's on RC Groups.

Tony[/QU

Are you talking about Monty500 on RCG?

Comment

• That's a GOOD SIGN!
      Maybe, dare I say it.......next week??:P:bluetongue

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thought I'd share a couple of pics of the big turbine avanti from my club yesterday. :)

(The pilot did a incredible routine, the flat spin was amazing considering no thrust vector, I wouldn't have thought it possible and yes, I got vid - coming soon.... ish) . ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1390.JPG
Views:	755
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	73559Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1098.JPG
Views:	792
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	73558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.JPG
Views:	736
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	73557Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1099.JPG
Views:	711
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	73556Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	73555

Comment

• It was monohull on RCGroups that ordered from a shop in China. Monty500 posted a video of the Avanti S being flown somewhere in China.

Comment

• I have been looking for an alternate than Motion RC to order an Avanti from. Monohull ordered through Aliexpress. I contacted them but they were unable to find any on their site. Hopefully within a week or so they will start showing up at some of the retailers.

Comment

• Cool shots Shirty, would love to see that vid!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'll try mate, I've got vid projects literally lining up atm, but see what I can do. I'll post it here for ya as soon as I get it done though.

Just found out today the avanti DOES have thrust vector - which explains the sensational flat spins on its own axis. (My mistake, not the first, won't be my last lol) :)

Comment

• The Official Flight Review from Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike is published...

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I've been trying to stay out of this chat until it gets here, but that vid was the last straw.:bluelove Come to papa:Cool:.

Comment

• Great video, and great timing, too: We received confirmation that the shipments are on schedule for arrival in May. Watch the videos, and get your 6s batteries ready! It's going to be a fun summer...
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• OK, just watched the official video. Unless there was some video splicing I calculate 4 minutes 19 seconds from take-off to first grass landing. I presume the last few landings were from the assembly video so I didn't count that time. So, Pilot Ryan which size battery, C rating, etc, were you using! By the way; great flying demo and tremendous job by Capt. Mike keeping up with the camera!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyss View Post
                          OK, just watched the official video. Unless there was some video splicing I calculate 4 minutes 19 seconds from take-off to first grass landing. I presume the last few landings were from the assembly video so I didn't count that time. So, Pilot Ryan which size battery, C rating, etc, were you using! By the way; great flying demo and tremendous job by Capt. Mike keeping up with the camera!
                          That is a totally uncut flight video with some extras after the landing. I was flying our Admiral 5000.

Comment

• Ah, there you go, I was wondering what size it was as well, so rounded out, 4.5 minutes, how much was in the tank afterwards?
                            I found the comment about the gyro interesting as well, even though I assume that you guys don't normally run a gyro in new planes. Anyway, great job guys, see you at Nefi. I think the skies are going to be filled with F7F's, A-10's and Avantis!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Question, does Motion RC recommend running a SBEC with this bird? If so, how many amps? 5 or 10? I want to have one ordered and ready when it gets here (if it is needed).

Comment

• Great vid boys. Awesome work on the sticks too Ryan. I'm assuming your high rates mentioned in the vid is close to full throws? Is there much room to max them out? Cheers mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  Ah, there you go, I was wondering what size it was as well, so rounded out, 4.5 minutes, how much was in the tank afterwards?
                                  I found the comment about the gyro interesting as well, even though I assume that you guys don't normally run a gyro in new planes. Anyway, great job guys, see you at Nefi. I think the skies are going to be filled with F7F's, A-10's and Avantis!!

Grossman56
                                  And spitfires!!! Dont forget the spittys. Much as I'm looking forward to the a10 and the avanti, I can't wait to get my hands on the spitfire.

Comment

• Grossman, the gyro comment was really due to my astonishment at its rock solid flight character. The Avanti is truly a special flyer. Well rounded is a great term! I recommend a conservative time for first flights, and then check your packs. I was pushing hard and getting close to cut off.

Jeremy, I always fly stock equipment and none of it has failed me. We stand by the choice of equipment offered. By all means if you prefer an external bec, go ahead.

Shirty, High rates are 100%, I'm at 30% expo. The manual gives great starts for settings. There is mechanical possibility to increase throw.

Comment

• Yep, Spittys too. I'm sure that Ryan should at least have one by then. Now, of course, Alpha was hinting around at an ME-109E unless I mistook his post, so that will be an EXTREMELY hard choice for me.
                                      First thing I noticed about the Avanti that made me read 'stability' was the wing design, similar to the Apprentice in that they are larger on the outside, what do you call that?? I know it really helps with tip stalling. Every time I watch a video of the airplane, I'm more hooked, the only thing is she's a big battery gal, and that spells $$$
                                      Fortunately, I have a couple from the Pitts that I can use. Have to see what I can get from a 3300 6s.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Ryan, now that you have the model can you have the manual posted online? Would be nice to have the A-10 manual as well.

Thanks,
                                        BB

Comment

• Cheers Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                                          X