X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    Looks like NY weather is going to keep me grounded until Spring.:Crying2:I'm coming off a Phase 3 F-16 and really looking forward to flying this. I didn't know what to do with myself so I took some pics for my desktop.
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.....................I'm only an hour and half south of ya but at least I don't have to deal with those Ontario lake effects out of Oswego:Scared:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• This is such an impressive plane, I'm seriously thinking of it as my second jet. As a matter of interest, has anyone attempted flaperons?
      I started scanning all the posts , thought it might be easier just to ask. Is there an advantage or is it more of a cosmetic thing?
      Finally got to see one at Nefi and was blown away, definitely on the list.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
        Finally finished mine tonight and I hope to maiden this weekend if the snow holds out. I'm balanced with a 5000 6s Gforce elite and I had to toss in 3/4oz to the rear. I install the counter weight inside the edf cover. Upgrades include missle kit, afterburner kit, metal retracts, and nerf whistles.:Cool:
        How did you fit a 5000 in there lol my 4000 barely fit and yea I thought I was doing something wrong with trying to get the cg right but I guess I'm not the only one who added weight aft of the cg.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 210foo View Post

How did you fit a 5000 in there lol my 4000 barely fit and yea I thought I was doing something wrong with trying to get the cg right but I guess I'm not the only one who added weight aft of the cg.
          G-Force elite Battery:
          57x44x137mm(2.24x1.73x5.39in)
          706g (24.90oz)

I put my counter weights in the inside wall of the fan access hatch. I used (4) 1/4oz stick on wheel weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            This is such an impressive plane, I'm seriously thinking of it as my second jet. As a matter of interest, has anyone attempted flaperons?
            I started scanning all the posts , thought it might be easier just to ask. Is there an advantage or is it more of a cosmetic thing?
            Finally got to see one at Nefi and was blown away, definitely on the list.

Grossman56
            It would be a good choice IMHO Dan. It was my second EDF as well. Been flying her for nearly a year now. As I fly from grass, I had to go with the gear upgrade. I do use flapperons on mine for take-off only. They shorten the take-off roll by about a third. I don't use them for landings as they really aren't needed.

Comment

• Thanks Twowing, there is no reference in the manual as to how to set flaperons up, how did you figure it out?

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Thanks Twowing, there is no reference in the manual as to how to set flaperons up, how did you figure it out?

Grossman56
                You need to put each aileron on a seperate channel. I use a Spektrum AR7010 with sat in mine. If you get one I'll give you my settings.

Comment

• Okay, thanks Twowing!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                    Has anyone put electric brakes on one of these yet.
                    Yes ! Myself and one other club member . Our field has a strange approach . Brakes make this plane easier when you come in hot ...

Comment

• I just ordered the Arctic Camo version and I'm stoked. Since I take off from a grass field, I also ordered the gear upgrade. This will be my first EDF, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. I plan to run it with a Graupner GR-18 Pro gyro receiver (MZ-24 Pro transmitter) and probably set it up with flaperons.

Comment

• I got a couple flights this past weekend... it was a high alpha kind of day!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBum View Post
                          I just ordered the Arctic Camo version and I'm stoked. Since I take off from a grass field, I also ordered the gear upgrade. This will be my first EDF, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. I plan to run it with a Graupner GR-18 Pro gyro receiver (MZ-24 Pro transmitter) and probably set it up with flaperons.
                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk TheBum! I fly mine from a grass field as well. The gear upgrade is a must for reducing stress on the gear mounts. I also use flaperons for take-offs. It's a very good flying EDF. The Motion RC and Freewing teams did a great job designing and manufacturing the bird.

What other birds have you flown well and how much flying experience do you have? The F-16 is usually not recommended for a first EDF. However, if you've got the the right combination of skills and experience, it should be OK. Your fellow Squawkers just want to see your adventure with the F-16 be a good one:Cool:.

Comment

• I just received my Arctic Camo ARF Plus. I've got the weapons and gear upgrade for it also. But, Motion is out of stock on the 4S power system. Are there any other recommendations for a 4S system? I don't really want to go to the 6S. I can't really afford the batteries, and I already have a bunch of 4S batts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                              I just received my Arctic Camo ARF Plus. I've got the weapons and gear upgrade for it also. But, Motion is out of stock on the 4S power system. Are there any other recommendations for a 4S system? I don't really want to go to the 6S. I can't really afford the batteries, and I already have a bunch of 4S batts.
                              I noticed that the 4s 3000kv 6 blade unit is still available https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...9-3000kv-motor

Comment

• Thanks, Boots. I may look in to that. I would like the 12 blade though. I have time. I won't be flying anything until Spring.
                                How do you like your 4S? It seemed to fly plenty fast for me in the video of Ryan's maiden of yours at NEFI.

Comment

• Just set up my f-16 artic camo and looks like it balances with the battery 1cm past the the hatch opening. I'm using an admiral 40c 4000 6s. Does this sound right? On the motion rc video pilot Ryan balances with the battery even with hatch opening but he using the 60c 4000

Comment

• more flying on christmas eve

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I haven't flown my Arctic Camo yet and just got the gray version as a gift from my two sons. No complaints here !:Cool:

Comment

• Setting up this jet, I have a few questions...
                                        I am having trouble with the aileron servos, when they are plugged into the control board one is constantly twitching and the other is completely unresponsive. Maybe bad servos or a bad board...? There are a few pieces in the PNP kit that are not mentioned in the manual like the clear pieces and some small dowels... I don't know what they would be used for. Also, what type of wing/tail setup should I input this as in my Spektrum setup menu? Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Marsmann! ...that sounds like one of the servo cables is plugged in backwards.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X