Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 70mm F-16C Falcon V2 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cecil View Post

Marvelous flight. Skilled pilot. Wanna see more flight video.
    I have this Fw F18 90mm witch is quite a challenging plane to fly/ land compare to the F16. Had to work a lot before i could do landing like the last one ;-)
    Freewing F18 modifyed with LE flaps so it can do scalelooking stabil high alpha approach.

Comment

• For me It was sometimes difficult to figure out the flight attitude when the plane was far away and I decided to paint it like Tiger Meet, also I weather it a bit, I hope you like the results.
      by the way I painted it with the benchcraft airbursh (https://www.motionrc.eu/products/ben...cc-bct5025-009) and did the job quite well,
      great airbrush fot it's price.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220827_121623.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	358636
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220827_121631.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	358637
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220827_121612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	358638

And if you want to watch it flying over grass field:
      Custom painted Freewing 70mm f16 with tiger meet schema flights over grass field.Great plane, almost a edf trainer:https://www.motionrc.eu/products/freewing-...

I hope you enjoy it, if you wish I can post some photos of the painting process

Comment

• Hi, I am owning a new grey USA Freewing F16 V2 70mm model. I want to convert it to a Dutch fighter jet. I have removed all decals with ice cubs without damage except for one on the main wing (top side). There is minor paint damage and I do not want to respray the complete wing. Can anybody tell me which paint (color) is an exact match. I have tried several sea grey paint but they were all too grey. If anyone has experience in touching up please let me know how you did this and which paint (colour) was used.

rgd
        Teun

Comment

• Here most of our home improvement stores can color match latex house paint. Maybe that's an option for you?

Comment

• Thanks. I already went to an home improvement store. Minimum quantity is 1 liter for color matching. That is way too much for just tipping some paint defects but is is an option if nobody has a better idea :)

Comment

• In the uk I use 250ml colour matched tester pots at B&Q in either matt or silk vinyl emulsion. £4, Suggest you Google colour matched test pots, This is the paint I used on mine a year or so ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F16 tiger sept 1.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	365222

Comment

• Thanks for support so far. The F-16 has 3 basic colors (dark sea gray and haze grey on top and light ghost grey under wings and fuselage. Official numbers FS36118 (dark grey), FS36270 (haze grey) and FS36375 (light Ghost grey). There are several sites but Vallejo has the best paint in my opinion. I will airbrush the affected areas.. There are also conversion tables on websites for Tamiya and other brands of paint. Paint must be matt

Comment

• Is this a live forum? Its now aptil 2023

Comment

• Well, it's not dead! I just ordered an afterburner kit for mine and was lustily eyeing my FW 70mm Falcon just a few hours ago. I flew.it quite a few times last summer and can't wait to fly it again. But now with burner!

Comment

• Been flying this F16 camo version for about 2years now, flys great one of my favorite, question! Maybe someone can help, is there a way to slow down the landing gear retracting speed? Just would like it to look more scale! Thanks

Comment

• Unfortunately you can't change the retract speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                          Well, it's not dead! I just ordered an afterburner kit for mine and was lustily eyeing my FW 70mm Falcon just a few hours ago. I flew.it quite a few times last summer and can't wait to fly it again. But now with burner!
                          Did you find a way of removing the edf unit, fixing the afterburner kit then putting it back in without cutting any foam ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            Unfortunately you can't change the retract speed.
                            Just out of curiosity why do the retracts on the FW F22 react slower? Does it have anything to do with the blue box or is it because of the design of the retract itself?

Comment

• The retract itself. I suppose you could open them up and add a resistor to the jack screw motor….

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Did you find a way of removing the edf unit, fixing the afterburner kit then putting it back in without cutting any foam ?
                                Honestly, haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I don't know why I'm even embarrassed to say it, but I purchased a couple of more planes and went a little nuts with the painting projects....in my currently limited free time from my damn job.

The afterburner kit I have is from 5280. Now I'm eager to tackle it and will try to get to it this weekend. I guess I was thinking a long hexdriver, but maybe that's not feasible. I'll let you know! I'm taking a long weekend next week to fly, so it would be nice to have the afterburner working by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

To get the EDF + AB into my f-16 I removed the cheater grill because the hatch is so short. Having done that, I made a new grill with longer (stronger) lugs for the ventral fins because mine broke the lugs off on first contact with grass, Instead of gluing, my new grill is held in place by 4 screws.

The cheater grill on the F-16 is susceptible to damage on a gear-up or grass landing due to the underfins being attached to it. This is a replacement with a more robust attachment. Some minor foam trimming may be required.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	F16 lightburner working.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	377778 Got the motion r.c. lightburner to fit after minor surgery. The 30mm dia adapter is about 29.5mm internal dia which struggled to fit over my 30mm dia fms motor so a Dremel was required to hone out the inner surface a bit. go get em wire pulled through the Lightburner leads. Foam cut outs re glued after fitting and testing. Had a couple of flights this morning, 11a.m uk time in rare full sunshine and lightburner was still visible.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	F16 lightburner.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	377776

Comment

• paulrkytek Well done Doctor!

Comment

• does anyone have a control template for an NX series spektrum transmitter?

Comment

• I have an Nx10, my F16 has flaperons. I can upload it this evening, leaving for work right now. And or I can post my settings. It's fairly straightforward to setup. I'm pretty sure it's 80%, 70%, 60% on A/E rates with 35 % expo. Expo is subjective, some like more some like less. Rudder is probably 100% with 45% expo. I might have dialed up the ailerons. But I will post and send you my file this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                          X