X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    ...G pull on the level off from the loop. According to the flight stats at the end 5.78G was acquired...
    RM,
    you should probably take a 24-pack over to the maintenance hanger and back out slowly without making eye contact.

Usually worked for me.

Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This thing is too much fun.

Comment

This thing is too much fun.
        RM, Very impressive set up and great flying, Sir. Diggin' the FPV alot. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RM, Very impressive set up and great flying, Sir. Diggin' the FPV alot. Best, LB
          Thank you sir!

Comment

• I hate they are discontinued, this is still a great model. Im guessing a new improved version is in the works?

Comment

I hate they are discontinued, this is still a great model. Im guessing a new improved version is in the works?
              They are discontinuing the 90mm F-16 or did you mean just the Thunderbird version??

Comment

• I would love LOVE a new gen, much lighter 90mm F-16! Bring all the classics up to date to 2024 and beyond. Shave off some wing loading, latest tech, etc...Sign me up!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

They are discontinuing the 90mm F-16 or did you mean just the Thunderbird version??
                  Bummer, I love this F16, had mine since it first came out and love to fly it. I've had the 12 blade inrunner in mine since the beginning and was just thinking to upgrade it to the 8S system. Now I'm not sure if I want to mess with a good thing. The Thunderbird version is "out of stock", and the only one left is the grey High Performance version, and only 3 of those remain in stock. Gone are all the ARF versions. A friend has the Thunderbird with an 8S setup and it's a rocket.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I don't know if its being discontinued, I was asking rifleman btx, that's why I quoted his post, sorry guys and hope I didn't start a false rumor....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      I would love LOVE a new gen, much lighter 90mm F-16! Bring all the classics up to date to 2024 and beyond. Shave off some wing loading, latest tech, etc...Sign me up!

Comment

I don't know if its being discontinued, I was asking rifleman btx, that's why I quoted his post, sorry guys and hope I didn't start a false rumor....
                        Im not 100% sure whats going on, but the thunderbird is definitely gone. If the other one is also out, it wouldn't surprise me. I think a refresh would be awesome for this and the 104.

Comment

Im not 100% sure whats going on, but the thunderbird is definitely gone. If the other one is also out, it wouldn't surprise me. I think a refresh would be awesome for this and the 104.
                          Yeah I heard the TBird was gone, didn't know about the grey one, hope not, I've had 7 of them I think so far over the years, as you can tell I love the F-16, it is a great flyer in my opinion, it could use a weight loss I agree with that but once you learn to fly it properly and land it well it will become a favorite. I moved on to the HSD F-16 and as big as it is and heavy its kind of like the FW, CG wise makes a huge difference in the way it flies too, if I ever go back to the FW one it will feel like it lost weight after flying the HSD one, talk about heavy.....

Comment

• D, I’ll sell you mine with upgraded EDF and double burner set up. I just never fly it. I’m really loving my upgraded F-15 and Gripen. They been getting all my love lately.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                              D, I’ll sell you mine with upgraded EDF and double burner set up. I just never fly it. I’m really loving my upgraded F-15 and Gripen. They been getting all my love lately.

Gravy
                              Hmmm, may give it a thought if the price is right.....

Comment

Yeah I heard the TBird was gone, didn't know about the grey one, hope not, I've had 7 of them I think so far over the years, as you can tell I love the F-16, it is a great flyer in my opinion, it could use a weight loss .....
                                I used to fly my FW F-16 on the SMC HiV 6200's, weighing 848 gr. When Danny came out with his HiV 5900's, weighing 740 gr, I switched over to that pack for all my 90mm's, F-18/F4/ F16/Stinger/Avanti and the Corsair/Spitfire/FW190 from Aces High and even the twin battery 80mm's A10 & Mig 29. Absolutely love that pack, losing 100 gr helped them all, and losing 200 gr on the A10 and Mig was special. You might want to give them a shot, as I'm assuming your HSD F-16 is running on 12S.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I used to fly my FW F-16 on the SMC HiV 6200's, weighing 848 gr. When Danny came out with his HiV 5900's, weighing 740 gr, I switched over to that pack for all my 90mm's, F-18/F4/ F16/Stinger/Avanti and the Corsair/Spitfire/FW190 from Aces High and even the twin battery 80mm's A10 & Mig 29. Absolutely love that pack, losing 100 gr helped them all, and losing 200 gr on the A10 and Mig was special. You might want to give them a shot, as I'm assuming your HSD F-16 is running on 12S.
                                  I'm a Gensace battery guy myself, I have some that are 5 yrs old and still flying them in the F-16, Gensace 5000 60c, they are expensive and worth every penny, my first ones weighed in at 730g-748g these are at least 5 yrs old, then my recent ones are about 3 yrs old and weigh in at 716g-718g, they lost weight some where in production, these batteries have performed in at least 50 or more 80mm-120mm EDF jets, plus all my scale helis, going to retire the older batteries soon because I feel like I'm at the end of my 40yrs of flying, slowly getting out of it so I went cheaper on the batteries this year lol, got 6 of those HRB 5000 100c pks, they weigh in at 730g on my scale so I think I will stick with those for now, they seem to be performing really good so far, hope they bounce back like my Gensace batteries have when I accidently run them down to nothing every once in awhile, but for the price the HRB's are I'm very pleased, they are the new red ones, two in a pk for $116 is way cheaper than one Gensace, but I'm sure I get what I paid for....

Comment

Yeah I heard the TBird was gone, didn't know about the grey one, hope not, I've had 7 of them I think so far over the years, as you can tell I love the F-16, it is a great flyer in my opinion, it could use a weight loss I agree with that but once you learn to fly it properly and land it well it will become a favorite. I moved on to the HSD F-16 and as big as it is and heavy its kind of like the FW, CG wise makes a huge difference in the way it flies too, if I ever go back to the FW one it will feel like it lost weight after flying the HSD one, talk about heavy.....
                                    Tell me about it!!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• finally got to do some formation with this thing, sort of, me and my buddy here only get to fly once in a while. maybe once or twice a year.

Comment

• rifleman_btx Outstanding. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I was shocked to find out that the F-16 90mm Thunderbirds has been discontinued. I saw in a live feed video with Alpha and James say that they don't retire models like other companies do. The live feed was a tour of the Freewing plant. This is what first turned me onto Freewing. I use to buy E-Flite but they retire models after a year or two. That is horrible in my opinion. Now I see that Freewing is doing the same thing. I really want to think this is only temporary or an improved model will replace it. Please say this is not true.

Comment

Working...
                                          X