Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	381336 New Livery

Click image for larger version

Name:	F86 red 2023.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	381335

Comment

• Anyone swapped in the new fan and 2150 in-runner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post
        Anyone swapped in the new fan and 2150 in-runner?
        Waiting for one to arrive

Comment

• First flights with new 12 blade 2150kv in-runner today. Quiet, smooth and efficient. Admiral 4000mah 40c 3.5 mins 28% left.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
            First flights with new 12 blade 2150kv in-runner today. Quiet, smooth and efficient. Admiral 4000mah 40c 3.5 mins 28% left.
            Much faster?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post

Much faster?
              Not for me but then I fly more scale than fast, but more grunt for take off allowing me to take off on wet grass about 2" long so this should translate into faster speed. I had the 3658 1857 12 blade with the alloy surround originally as opposed to the later 9 blade which had a bit more thrust so I guess it depends on which version you have currently as to how much difference it appears to you .

Comment

Not for me but then I fly more scale than fast, but more grunt for take off allowing me to take off on wet grass about 2" long so this should translate into faster speed. I had the 3658 1857 12 blade with the alloy surround originally as opposed to the later 9 blade which had a bit more thrust so I guess it depends on which version you have currently as to how much difference it appears to you .
                Thanks

Comment

• I had a problem with the elevators not being equal in throw and the neutral positions not the same. The servo arms when at 150ms were not the same causing unequal throws.
                  I ended up eliminating the Y cable by cutting the wire at the Rx plug and putting on a new connector. Then told my radio I had now two elevator servos. Problem solved. It would be a problem fixing this as the servos are glued in.
                  Cheers

Comment

• Cloudniner, Welcome to "The Squawk", Sir. Sounds like a brilliant workaround. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I've got a PNP F-86 set to arrive later this week with the new 2150kv motor...excited to get it flying. Anyone run in to any problems with the 100A ESC having enough "head room" with the more powerful motor?

Comment

• I've now answered you in three different places.

Every one that we have measured, I have three and there are 4-5 others at my field are well over 125A but so far none have burned up one of the new 100A reversing ESCs. I did reduce timing on the two I have in my Gripens so I max out at 116A but have high in my Avanti, 128A.

A couple people at my field are even running HV LiPos and no issues.

I am very surprised we don't have smoke reports.​

Comment

• Thanks Evan, I've answered you in two. 😁 Not familiar (yet) with which boards are more active for certain topics so I thought I'd cast with a wide net and see what each yields in terms of response.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/7KGqLq766Ek​ Short 2.5 min video with new 2150kv 12blade fan

Comment

https://youtu.be/7KGqLq766Ek​ Short 2.5 min video with new 2150kv 12blade fan
                              The video said private, can you change that for us? I would love to see that combo fly because I was thinking about doing the same upgrade to mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

The video said private, can you change that for us? I would love to see that combo fly because I was thinking about doing the same upgrade to mine.
                                Sorry about that. Caroline did the video for me and tells me it goes live on Friday at 5pm UK time I will post the link again on Friday. The video is a bit shorter than normal as I had to keep slowing down as the camera we used did not like focussing on the silver plane so we had to edit out some of the aerobatics as they went out of focus. In the meantime here is the original F86 with the 1857kv 12 blade in-runner before the refit.
                                Freewing F86 Sabre, Freewing 80mm 12 blade in-runner. Pilot paulrkytek

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Owner and pilot: paulrkytekSorry the video is a bit disjointed. Who knew that a shiny silver plane against a blue sky with white clouds would make it hard to...

should be visible now

Comment

• Installed the Firey Booty, then did a fun Grass ops afterburner flight!

Comment

• Anyone have both the Freewing and the new FMS F86 80mm's? If so, how do they compare?

Comment

• Anyone have both the Freewing and the new FMS F86 80mm's? If so, how do they compare.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                          Anyone have both the Freewing and the new FMS F86 80mm's? If so, how do they compare.
                                          I have both. I haven't flown my FMS 86 yet. I will try a maiden tomorrow. but just from building it the FMS is better in every way so far.

Comment

Working...
                                          X