X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi xviper,

I will take a look and see if I can spot the problem. Thanks for giving me a few clues as to what to look for.

Best Regards
    Carlos G.

Comment

• i had that same problem but cant remember what plane it was lol getting old.. found that i could get it to come down if i cycled the gear and hit the rudder back and forth a few times and pop goes the nose gear down may be its stuck like xviper said

Comment

• Flew mine this morning. Greased the landing but one retract just yanked right out of the foam. Very poor glue job from the factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Flew mine this morning. Greased the landing but one retract just yanked right out of the foam. Very poor glue job from the factory.
          Ok good to know that's its the same issue as with T33....

grts Hans

Comment

• Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post

Ok good to know that's its the same issue as with T33....

grts Hans
            That's true of most all foamies that I have had experience with.

Comment

Flew mine this morning. Greased the landing but one retract just yanked right out of the foam. Very poor glue job from the factory.
              Ha! I've landed it hard and pulled all 3 out..It sucked but it did provide me the opportunity to use more glue and fix them without any real down time.

Comment

• Received my F86 High Performance

1. well packed and looking very nice.
                2. know that I have it at home I noticed that wing is not easy to remove for transport, compared to my FW T33.( in manual looks easy ha ha )
                3. I have 6S Rhino and CNHL they are heavier and bigger, so testing them in my plane for CG I have to get them as far back as possible.
                4. ESC has to move it's position.
                5. Canopy does not fit with my Lipo's will see how to get it done.
                6. Think I move my RCVR up front !
                7. Cheater mesh cover because I fly from grass.
                8. Check LG in main wing for if its glued in well, same issue as with FW T33 ?

Well take my time to get it sorted out.

Grts Hans

Comment

Received my F86 High Performance

2. know that I have it at home I noticed that wing is not easy to remove for transport, compared to my FW T33.( in manual looks easy ha ha )
                  3. I have 6S Rhino and CNHL they are heavier and bigger, so testing them in my plane for CG I have to get them as far back as possible.

Grts Hans
                  rhino 4000 50c fits, no mods. see posts 751 and 753 on pg 38 and post 830.

Comment

Grts Hans
                    My Gensace 5000 60c fits, but you have to remove some foam from the bottom of the canopy, actually a lot of foam but it works, so you may have to do the same, I bought a second canopy just in case I messed up...

Comment

• I fly with floureon 4500 and hrb 4000, I believe they are the same cells in different packages. But never had any issues in 5 years with either brand using them in different planes

Comment

• Hi All,

Here is an update with my Saber. I checked the nose wheel strut and found it hitting the steering servo when retracted, causing a bind. Checking further, I found the nose wheel strut had a slight bend where the strut is machine down to accept the nose wheel door clip. With a little gentle tapping with a block of hardwood I was able to straighten it out. I was also able to shift the steering servo away from the strut to gain a bit more clearance. I also adjusted the nose door clevis to minimize the tension the door places on the strut when the wheels are retracted.

My suggestion is to check the nose wheel strut after a less than perfect landing to make sure it is not bent. I will be buying a spare nose gear strut as it seems a bit thin and prone to bending. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Carlos G

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

My Gensace 5000 60c fits, but you have to remove some foam from the bottom of the canopy, actually a lot of foam but it works, so you may have to do the same, I bought a second canopy just in case I messed up...
                          I use the Gens 5000, 45C in this plane. No foam cutting needed.

Comment

I use the Gens 5000, 45C in this plane. No foam cutting needed.
                            Yeah,. I used the 45c and they did fit, then I wore those batteries out and bought 10 -Gensace 5000 60c so I had to cut the foam, the 60c seemed to hold up better for the EDF jets I had, now that I fly only scale helis, I wish I would have bought only 45c, they do fit better and are cheaper and perform just as good.

Comment

• Update about progress F86

Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post

Will see in practice with wing installed how I will take it to the flying field
                              6S5000-50C 900 gram, CNHL 6S-70C 850 gram and CNHL 65C 760 gram.
                              Plane balanced perfect with 6S Rhino at position see pic below.
                              I think its now located at old ESC position, will check heat because no cooling there yet!
                              Checked with LIPO installed and noticed that strap was only thing to high,modified canopy wit a little removal of foam see pic.
                              yep I moved it in front of nose, used longer servo cable to get there and this also improved my wing assembly
                              Installed mesh on cheater and front gear mounting place
                              Pulled hard on LG's seems to be ok, will check after every flight to be sure.

Was a quick build once started 😂

Grts Hans
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7150.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	324318

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7147.JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	324313
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7149.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	324314

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7152.JPG Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	324315

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sIsxK1vCc DC Corsair,Go to minute 2 on video it shows sit test method for cg which worked well for me. . Book cg is too far forward, Add a touch of tail weight if required. Your new esc location has moved it out of the cooling air from the jet fan duct, it might and probably will fry where you have it, !!!. Suggest you reinstate air flow in and over esc and out again which is difficult to do as battery blocks air flow. Rhino 4000 weighs 710gms. I doubt you will achieve cg with 850gm pack without tail weight.. There is a good chance you will end up putting esc back in original position and going with Rhino 4000.but good luck finding a workable solution.

Comment

• The ESC is fine there… it’s where mine is.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sIsxK1vCc DC Corsair,Go to minute 2 on video it shows sit test method for cg which worked well for me. . Book cg is too far forward, Add a touch of tail weight if required. Your new esc location has moved it out of the cooling air from the jet fan duct, it might and probably will fry where you have it, !!!. Suggest you reinstate air flow in and over esc and out again which is difficult to do as battery blocks air flow. Rhino 4000 weighs 710gms. I doubt you will achieve cg with 850gm pack without tail weight.. There is a good chance you will end up putting esc back in original position and going with Rhino 4000.but good luck finding a workable solution.
                                    Yeah I know about the CG location, it wasn't me asking, I was just responding to the other guys post, Thanks

Comment

• I recently used the tail sit method to CG balance my F-86. Works great. Next question I have is I am using the Admiral 600SP with recovery. Thinking of adding a Hobbyeagle (V1) A3-L flight controller. Will the Admiral receiver and this A3-L "fight" with each other or is it a compatible combination? Appreciate any insights.

Comment

• Originally posted by swo3stitch View Post
                                        I recently used the tail sit method to CG balance my F-86. Works great. Next question I have is I am using the Admiral 600SP with recovery. Thinking of adding a Hobbyeagle (V1) A3-L flight controller. Will the Admiral receiver and this A3-L "fight" with each other or is it a compatible combination? Appreciate any insights.
                                        There’s no point in hooking two gyro devices inline. You would have to turn the gains to zero on one of them, making that gyro pointless. Why do you want two gyros inline on a single airplane? The SP will do everything the A3-L will and then some. Save the A3-L for another plane where you don’t have a receiver with a gyro in it.
                                        PS. The A3-L is NOT a “flight controller” as such. It’s a simple 3-axis gyro. The SP, on the other hand, is a 3-axis and 6-axis gyro (recovery mode).

Comment

• That's why I asked the ?. Seemed rather redundant to have two gyros. Almost all my a/c run the 600SP and it does a good job. Only reason I referred to the A3-L as a "flight controller" is that's what's on the front of it. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                          X